What's new

Absolute Amber from Banana Silver Ladyboys

The water will make the mixture cloudy? Or the end result, because that would not be cool. I dont like vaping moisture. Also I will be vac purging it, but have never tried to purge oil with water in it. Will a vac purge result in little to no excess moisture in the end result?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ARRRGGGGHHH!!!!!

Heres one for GW and Jump, and all of the rest of you reading!

So I have about 1 full bottle of 99% iso with alot of oil dissolved into it, and am evaping the alcohol out on a warm water bath all day while at work. I get home to see that one of my room mates bumped the damn thing, and a few drops of water got into the mixture. Im not exactly sure how much water got in, but am sure that theres a hell of alot more alcohol left to evaporate, (this was a big run) and dont know what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

Not a problem. It will evaporate off.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The water will make the mixture cloudy? Or the end result, because that would not be cool. I dont like vaping moisture. Also I will be vac purging it, but have never tried to purge oil with water in it. Will a vac purge result in little to no excess moisture in the end result?

The water clouds the alcohol mixture, not the end results.

Vacuum purging shifts the azeotrope back toward the alcohol, which will leave first and then the water.

Im incredibly grateful for all of your responses! Thanks and I will try to motivate my self to take pictures of the final product, usually im to excited and just start vaping!

F

Funion

Wanted to report back on my experiment with 150 proof everclear.
I did the thermos extraction with kief, and poured the butane onto the pyrex pie plate. I must have let some of the powder pour out with the butane because it was grainy and didn't go to shatter like the time before. In retrospect I did not freeze the butane prior to use, and I did leave the butane in the thermos for over 3 hours.

So I took the remaining powder in the thermos and poured about 100 ml of the 150 proof everclear to clean it all out. I filtered this thru a coffee filter and then let the everclear evaporate out. I was left with a non-shatter, but very nice smelling grainy honey consistency extract. I've tried it and it works pretty good. I'd still like to try a higher grade of alcohol and winterize the extract before evaporation.

I have a few questions. Are there re-usable filters I can source online that flow better than basic coffee filters? Does anybody use anything more sophisticated than coffee filters?
Regarding the decarb process, when would you decarb? Before or after winterization?

I'm having a lot of fun with the trial and error! I may even get a still and make my own everclear...

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are there re-usable filters I can source online that flow better than basic coffee filters? Does anybody use anything more sophisticated than coffee filters?
Regarding the decarb process, when would you decarb? Before or after winterization?

I'm having a lot of fun with the trial and error! I may even get a still and make my own everclear...

We strain through a French Chinoise strainer first, so as to flow through the paper filter better. I have also strained through permanent metal coffee filters before the paper.

We speed up the paper filtration using vacuum. We use a Whatman #1 lab filter for that purpose.

Check out restaurant grease filters.

We decarb after winterization.

hammalamma

Veteran
Cotton Candy Bubba Kush front left, front right t.a.g., back piece is bits and scraps from several bho dishes.First pic is with no backlight and my huge thumbprint blocked out. Second is with backlight
picture.php

picture.php

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cotton Candy Bubba Kush front left, front right t.a.g., back piece is bits and scraps from several bho dishes.First pic is with no backlight and my huge thumbprint blocked out. Second is with backlight

Hee, hee, hee, purdy!

We need another catagory of extractions presentation, called Jump Art! See what you started brosan?

hammalamma

Veteran
Absolute in a pen.
picture.php

picture.php

I mix 1ml of d-limonene and 4 to 5 grams of amber with a lil heat and a lot of time. I got the idea after trying that pure gold stuff in a clear cartomizer. Hits really good, nice thick clouds. Taste is just like the amber with a hint of citrus, mostly orange.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Absolute in a pen.
I mix 1ml of d-limonene and 4 to 5 grams of amber with a lil heat and a lot of time. I got the idea after trying that pure gold stuff in a clear cartomizer. Hits really good, nice thick clouds. Taste is just like the amber with a hint of citrus, mostly orange.

Cool! How are the effects!

KiefSweat

Veteran
Absolute in a pen.
View Image
View Image

are you getting 2 layers or does it mix evenly?

hammalamma

Veteran
Five or six rips equal one hit off the nail or skillet, same effects less coughing.

It mixes evenly,but it takes a couple days with short bursts of low heat and stirring.If you are getting two layers there might be some water in the picture. I have been trying to think of a better way of mixing, but none come to mind.

KiefSweat

Veteran
some of this weeks work

the top stuff is some durban

bottom is a mix.

Attachments

• durban.jpg
    durban.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 14
  • yerbin.jpg
    yerbin.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 17
  • amber.jpg
    amber.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 15

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Ok, i just read 32 pages and have a couple questions that need cleared up.

Why do you use steam bath or oil bath to purge vs. the old style pyrex in a pan of hot water? Does it distribute heat more evenly?

Where can the average joe get almost pure ethanol, or whatever percentage you are using..?

Seems a lot of the people in the non cannabis resin industry tend to use hexane and other gases and alchohals with even more complicated names to pronounce for their extractions, has anyone tried this? Im not good at organic chem, so please exscuse me if this is a dumb question.

When the butane is cold, it is a liquid, therefore creates no pressure when injecting it into the thermos. I imagine this is simple like pouring water int a thermos. correct?

Does the grade of stainless steel matter, as far as thermos or coulms go?

What is the ideal butane to plant material ratio for soaking method? Just make sure all plant matter is submerged?

If you start to add Ethanol into the butane and oil solution during the end of the purge, how do you know when all the butane is evaporated out, and the mixture is safe to put in the freezer for winterization?

I may have missed or forgotten this info but this has been a long read over 3 days, but what temp and how long do you purge your initial bho and oil soultion to preserve most taste..? Also what method?
Same question goes for purging Ethanol and oil solution after winterization.. What temps, how long, what method?

jump117

Veteran
Why do you use steam bath or oil bath to purge vs. the old style pyrex in a pan of hot water? Does it distribute heat more evenly?

what temp and how long do you purge your initial bho and oil soultion to preserve most taste..? Also what method?
I quickened evaporation of butane, warming up it with steam from the hot water, but did not try to completely purge the concrete from the butane. Residual butane later completely evaporated from the alcohol solution.
Where can the average joe get almost pure ethanol, or whatever percentage you are using..?
I used 96%, in my area it is not sold freely in shops, but is available if you know the people and places.
Accessibility for the average joe is dependent on local conditions.

If you cannot buy bottled ethanol 96%, the general solution is the distillation of vodka,
as recently demonstrated in thread «Absolute Amber from 28g Keif».
But this requires special equipment.

Hey CannaBunkerMan !

picture.php

95.6% is the highest percentage, which can be obtained by simple distillation, the so-called azeotropic mixture of water and alcohol.
Upon heating this mixture, alcohol and water evaporate together.
When the butane is cold, it is a liquid, therefore creates no pressure when injecting it into the thermos. I imagine this is simple like pouring water int a thermos. correct?
Not quite so easy like water, but very much calmer than at room temperature, when it sizzles and squirts like a fire extinguisher.

Does the grade of stainless steel matter, as far as thermos or coulms go?
I do not think that a grade of metal plays a role. The metal does not react with butane.
Avoid touching metal objects each other when working with butane.
Once I saw a spark of static electricity when touching this and was frightened by this, although at that time everything went without a dramatic impact.
What is the ideal butane to plant material ratio for soaking method? Just make sure all plant matter is submerged?
In my opinion – yes, make sure all plant matter is submerged .
If you start to add Ethanol into the butane and oil solution during the end of the purge, how do you know when all the butane is evaporated out, and the mixture is safe to put in the freezer for winterization?
I did not add ethanol to the liquid butane solution, but in a fixed resin with bubbles of gas, stuck in it.
I think that such amount of butane is not dangerous and that the gas is easily and quickly leaves the alcoholic solution immediately after dissolution.
The viscosity of the alcoholic solution is too small and not sufficient to keep the gas inside.
Same question goes for purging Ethanol and oil solution after winterization.. What temps, how long, what method?
Ethanol is removed on the steam bath over boiling water.
While ethanol evaporates, the temperature does not exceed the boiling point of ethanol.
After the end of the evaporation temperature of the molten resin tends to rise to the steam temperature,
at which point I take evaporator plate,
give it to cool slightly and collect the extract with a razor blade.
Flavors of cannabis is higher by evaporation under natural conditions, but only together with a weak flavor of vodka.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts