What's new

Absolute Amber from 28g Keif

Sour Deez

My first wash yielded 6.8 grams of amber. The second, 3.1. The 3rd was yielded somewhere inbetween 1-2 grams. Total yield was about 11.5 grams. Not that great considering I started with an ounce of great keif.

Thats about a 40% return, i would be pretty happy with that. You did say you used great keif though, anyone else have any experience with returns from running only keif?

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Here's a macro of the keif I used. It was really sticky, and would naturally clump. It looks like something a dung beatle would push around. Some of the best keif I've ever seen. It was a little bit of a shame to decarb everything, since it removes a lot of the terpines and flavor. It makes for some powerful medicine, though.

picture.php

picture.php

jump117

Veteran
I used the, "Absolute Amber from Banana Silver Ladyboys" thread as a base for reference. I'll try to use the same terminology used there.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=168388
Hey CannaBunkerMan!
Thank you for this very interesting report on the application of AA-technology and excellent illustrations.

I was surprised that the keif was not more soluable in the butane. There was definitely a lot of gunk left behind. I should smoke some to see if anything (mind altering) was left behind after the 3 washes.
I think that the cold butane only washed away the surface layer of clumps and could not get them inside.
For complete extraction of resin residues from self-granulated kief, probably have to use warm or even hot ethanol.
Unfortunately, the different polar dirt will also be dissolved in ethanol at the same time.
:thank you:

N

Nondual

So you're a mad scientist also? Nice setup and am sure that stuff is potent :biggrin:. Used to work with an organic chemist and asked him a few times to teach me how to make mescaline but he said no.

Latest posts

Latest posts