What's new

Abby's Bud Shack

G

Looks can be deceiving!

Looks can be deceiving!

Hello MsHerbalivation - You would think that bud is ready, it's calyx's swollen and pistils turned a pinkish red. However, she still has a lot of clear trichomes, and very little amber, so it is still at least a week away from harvest... maybe more. Just goes to show, looks can be deceiving! :confused:

Greets chorse247 - While this grow is indeed made up of clones, they were all taken from plants I grew from seed. The PPP, and JH were from Nirvana, and the c99 was from Capricorn Seeds Company. The BOG's are of course from BOG Seeds.

Hi kilacaLIbud - No, I free hold all of my shots. I really dislike tripods as they do not allow the freedom of movement I need to take shots easily from different angles.

Here's a little pic of the PPP, now at 58 days of flower. It's probably about 3 days away from harvest:

Abby :wave:

G

guest123

wow , amazing pics , you sure know how to use that camera to show off your gardening skills , excellent show .... keep em coming ...

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
WOW

WOW

Your love of the plant and attention to detail show in your pics!

Very strong with you,the force is.......................... :canabis:
Take care......................CC

G

Hello Friends and Fellow Cannabis Enthusiasts,
Thank you all for the kind words and kudos, it really gives me great pleasure to see that my rather modest attempts at growing and picture taking are appreciated! Greetings to WallyDuck, Capt. Crip and Okie Grown - thanks for stopping by fellas. :smile:

While this is more a picture thread than a grow diary, I do know how crazy the folks are here about BOG's genetics... so here's a peek inside the BOG room on Day 2 of flower mode with some Super Sweet Cindy, Sour Bubble, and Lifesaver. Look closely at the picture below, can you tell which one is which?

Well gang, with the JH, PPP, and c99 soon to be finished, and the BOG grow now in flower, it is time to plan my next grow... but I need your help! While I have some BOG Medley and BMR seeds, I'd like to do something different, but I need some suggestions - what would YOU like to see in the Bud Shack next?

Here's a shot of the lower buds on the Jock Horror, at 59 days of flower.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Abby Normal said:
I'd like to do something different, but I need some suggestions - what would YOU like to see in the Bud Shack next?

How about some soma...lavender or rockbud. would love to see those colors!!

G

guest123

hey abbey , meant to mention , your choice of camera brand was one i looked at aswell , and to say the least was amazed at the price of the body alone , minus lense .. as i see you mentioned also .. anyhow looked around a bit and found i got what i wanted from an olympus , half the price . and much the same thing , some functions diff and better of course depending on brand , model and available attatchments .. worth a look anyhows ..

G

Abby Normal said:
Super Sweet Cindy, Sour Bubble, and Lifesaver. Look closely at the picture below, can you tell which one is which?

Lifesaver is in the back corner, sour bubble is second from the back(largest leaf) and the sweet cindy is there in front to the left, LOL

CBF

70s_PotHead

Looking great as always Abby :wave: . As far as future strains out of your room, anything from Soma would be colorful, how about some Blueberry from Dj shorts or DP. Some white widow would also put on a nice show and keep you real stoned. Theres just to many strains to chose from, but anything coming out of your room will be mouth watering. :canabis:

70s :wink:

G

abby ,any chance u give us mere amateurs some tips on taking pics like those...ive got an slr too but i just cant seem to getr the shots i want ,takes me 200 to get 10

help us if u can

G

Well Gang, the results are in from the Name the BOG Strain game and... well, I guess 1 out of 3 ain't too bad! :rolleyes: The only one everyone was able to correctly identify was the Sour Bubble you can't mistake those huge leaves for anything else. Here's another look at the original pic:

There are actually two Super Sweet Cindy's in the photo, the one in the back, as well as the one in the very front right. These plants exibit two slightly different phenotypes, with the one in the back exhibiting more indica influence with its larger leaves than the other, with a much thinner leaf build. The Sour Bubble is on the right side, a dead giveaway with it's monstrous shade leaves. While I had a poor female to male ratio with the SB 1BX (1 out of 5), all of the plants exhibited the same characteristics with no variations... at least in veg state. That leaves us with the Lifesaver, which is the plant on the left. I topped her several weeks ago, which is why she is shorter in height than the others, but she is also much bushier than the rest. I do have another Lifesaver not in the picture, which I have left natural.

Before I get into some new pictures, let me take a moment to send greetings to all those that stopped by, there's quite a few of you so I won't post all the names... thanks for dropping in gang!

Special thanks to Wallyduck for his camera suggestion, thanks Wally! For me, the selling point on that Canon was the large buffer and high fps capability, but the bad part (besides the price) was that I would have to purchase all new lenses. Fortunately, there is a new Nikon D2X due to be released in late February that can do 5fps with a fairly large buffer. It's still about 5k for just the body, but at least I won't have to purchase all new lenses! Hope you enjoy that Olympus, which model did you get?

And please, keep those suggestions coming in as to the strains you would like to see here in the Bud Shack. So far the suggestions have been:

Soma's colorful strains, such as lavender and rockbud (great idea sunnyside and 70s_PotHead... going to be awhile for me to save up for those, but I am intrigued by the possibilities of the colors!)

Some more BOG strains like LSD or BMR

Blueberry from DJ Shorts or DP

Great suggestions everyone, it seems they all have a common theme, you want to see some color! As an artist, I couldn't agree more! :smile: The most colorful bud I have had so far was the Jock Horror, which unfortunately I had to harvest earlier than I wanted, but here's a good look at how beautiful she was:

hazyfontazy - be sure to download the upcoming issue of the FlowerPix Newsletter - I'll address your question in my "Ask Abby" column. If any of you have any questions for the column... please let me know!

Okay, time for some new pics! Don't forget you can click on the photo to see a larger version: :eek:

PPP at 61 days of flower... she's getting real close now!

c99 F2 at 48 days flower - main bud

c99 F2 at 48 days flower - lower bud

They say a bud in the hand is worth two on the bush! Jock Horror @ 61 days

While not as colorful as my previous Jock, this girl is pretty in her own right! Main cola @ 61 days:

A little closeup:

Enjoy!

G

Evening Everyone! :smile:
Tomorrow will be harvest day for the PPP, who have been enjoying some quality time in the dark room. This means of course, some new harvest pics will be coming soon. :canabis: What this also means is that I finally have some room to spread out the BOG grow a bit. Good thing too, the BOG babies are getting BIG! How big you say? Well here's a little peek at the Sour Bubble 1BX, now on Day 7 of flower mode:

As you can see, I put a quarter on her leaf for scale. She's a big girl with broad, fat leaves, and getting bigger every day. Of course, you need to have a large infrastructure to accomodate this kind of growth, and the SB has the thickest stem of any plant I have grown. Here's a little closeup of an interior shot of her branches:

The SB is a vertical plant, with very little horizontal growth. In contrast, the Super Sweet Cindy is tall... and bushy. As I may have mentioned in other posts, this BOG version of the cindy strain bears no resemblance to the c99 that I have grown, except perhaps in her bushiness. This SSC also has some fairly large, broad leaves, much like the SB, but nothing like the thin and dainty leaves of the c99 F2. Take a look for yourself:

As an ending for tonight's post, I thought I would leave you with a parting shot of my stash in it's cure jars. I am close to fullfilling a dream I had long ago... a dream born from the pages of High Times. Wouldn't it be cool (I thought) to have my own collection of buds, stored up in jars, sort of a personal "bud cellar". As you can see... I am well on my way! :biglaugh:

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
OMG^^Id say your well on your way my friend...not only are you self sufficient...you could supply a small town!! cant wait to see them soma's :)

Latest posts

Latest posts