What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A5 & C5, Old school hazes

MacHaze

Two days later...

The mites seems to dissapear, and I still have been adviced to treat my lovely ladies for another two to three days to resolve that problem.

First bud formation appears...

Here are some pics... :joint:

Cheers,
MacHaze

MacHaze

Update 24-04-2007

Update 24-04-2007

The closet is well filled, and the little buds does evolve well.

The smell starts to develop nicely, specialy the A5 :chin:

Ec is now at 2.25 and Ph still at 5.8, no sign of overfeeding yet, so the next time I will go a little higher with the ec untill they show their limits.

They are still growing, but the blue light keeps the internodes well together, in a week of two, I will change it by a regular son-t pia to focus on the bud formation.

Cheers,
MacHaze

B

BeAn

That is so damn sexy, nice work my friend.... :lurk:

Old'skool stylee mon, nuff respect.:rasta:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
MacHaze said:
I received them as clone from an old guy who is used to grow it for 21 years.

Moppel said:
I have heared about this old guy with his long beard, they say he pulls of 2 grams a watt.

MacHaze said:
The old guy is doing 1,7gr per watt with his nutes, growshedule and genetics.

Must be some serious "old guy" to pull 1.7 g - 2.0 g per watt with an old school haze. Anyone ever came across a pure haze that yielded like a Big Bud?

MacHaze said:
The mites seems to dissapear, and I still have been adviced to treat my lovely ladies for another two to three days to resolve that problem.

No man, mites do not give up that easily. You will have to fight them all through the grow, mark my words. You will have to stock up on repellants and miticides, preferably low toxic, biological ones, that you can use through flower. Neem oil, red chilli tea, garlic tea, Brimex, treat them twice a week until 3-1 week before harvest...
A thick and lush canopy is to a certain extent a good protection against mites, because the more foliage, the higher the air humidity. You should keep the Rh rather high, between 60%-80%, because of the mites. Mites in a SCROG is a bitch, because of all the dead angles where you can't treat.

Apart from that, a really nice set-up. I'll follow this one with interest!

Last edited:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
That 2.0 is very easy to get but you have to know what you are doing, the old guys I know pull over 0.5k with one plant under one 400w light, they veg them big before flowering...and the thing is, people just dont seem to get these yields with these modern in, out, selfed, back, in and outcrossed strains that arent anywhere near the potency of these oldskool strains, thats just my opinion again but thats how it looks to be...and yeah Rosy it is easy to get them yield even better than some Big Bud, at least the OhxSk#1 we have is gigantic and no modern plant that we have gets anywhere near the yields and potency of that stuff, you have to understand that it takes a shitload more time and effort to get them do their thing but when they do it, thers no looking back...:D

That plant was grown pretty much 12/12 from the start, 7L pot in soil and there was 4-5 plants under one 600w hps all different strains and this didnt get that much light anyway, imagine what it would have done alone under that 600w with a lil more veg like 3 months or so, that plant yielded around 200 grams in the end.

These pics are somewhere around halfway flowering.

Last edited:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mmmh i'm not 100% shure but are you the MacHaze i woz toking and talking with on the 4/20 cup...?
just 2 be shure....stonerbrain you see...:biglaugh:

Nway.... way 2 go MacHaze...they look already verry beautyfull ...
witch medium your growun in?

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Well, it was actually a stupid remark from my part FJ, because yield per watt in that sense doesn't mean a thing. Let it veg for 6 months and yeah...

I'm not sure I agree with your theory that old school strains generally yield more and are more potent.
It is my impression that old school 60's and 70's genetics are closer to landrace genetics. Landrace strains may yield well if some good selective breeding is involved, but in general they're average.
Inbreeding - which is the case with a lot of contemporary genetics, might lead to less vigorous genetics, but selective breeding is they way to increase both yields and potency, and much has been acomplished in the last few decades.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Yeah its a theory but do you run many oldskool strains? Generally their all better than any of the new ones I have, must have something to do with the thc/cbd/cbn ratio me thinks, people dont grow haze for it's good looks or anything, its just for the potency and taste I guess but to each his/her own, I stick to growing out these gems...:wave:

skar

wooow MacHaze, awesome grow :)

This Haze family promise some greats haze's pic's soon, miam !!

Especially curious on the A5, they are the first A5 i see in plant form...C5 too, but i've never smoked some...

wish the best to your garden,

skar

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Farmer John said:
Yeah its a theory but do you run many oldskool strains? Generally their all better than any of the new ones I have, must have something to do with the thc/cbd/cbn ratio me thinks, people dont grow haze for it's good looks or anything, its just for the potency and taste I guess but to each his/her own, I stick to growing out these gems...:wave:

No, I don't. My oldest strains at present are Positronics genetics. I bring home seeds from wherever I go in the world, and I travel a lot, so I'm pretty updated on landrace genetics though.
I agree with you concerning the thc/cbd/cbn ratios. I often find old school strains have more accomplished highs than new genetics. Let's face it, what farmers have achieved through selective breeding over countless of generations cannot so easily be improved upon in a few decades.

It's one thing to breed for increased potency and yield, and another to breed a high that opens the Celestial Gates to the Cosmic Kingdom... lol

Last edited:

MacHaze

Those older guys do breed another way I always used to, and I have never believed the bedtime story about the high yielding, so the "old guy" invited me in his breeding room.

He has a 2,5 m wide room, about 1 m deep and has 3 regulars reflectors on top of that. He doesn't even use a carbon filter, never did...
The air circulation is very ingenious with big tubes arround the room with holes in to regulate the air inflow on a better way.
The nutes they are using is already tested and made better during the last twenty years and they know their strains and love them so much, they don't want to grow anything else. :chin:

And yes, I saw the results under only 1800w in the sixth week, and damned those buds where huge... Never thought that haze could have those kind of yields in the real life.

So I hope I will have similar results, cause this weed (A5) is the best haze I ever smoked, and if it yield more than a BigBud, you will not hear me complain... :sasmokin:

Cheers,
MacHaze

@ Core: Yes, you're a stonehead, you even bring your friend to be sure that you don't forget a thing... :wave: Nice 2 have meet you...

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
You will be impressed my friend, wait a few weeks...oh yeah and when you get everything dialed in they get quite fantastic...seems like people dont know much about oldskool strains or then they just have forgotten some things...like whats most of the modern stuff made of in the first place, too many of the modern breeders work the wrong way in my point of view.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

I agree 120 % with you Farmer John. Those ratios are one thing, but have you guys experienced "new" strain that will produce you an high that is going upper & upper three hours. Those "old varieties" & pure sativa varieties are the thing for me, most modern strains produce high that comes hard & fast, but goes down even faster. I think it also depends very much about the personal preferences. Now, when I know something about different type strains (at least I think I do;), I must say that I prefer some mad old sativa strains or sativas generally, many of these modern strains produce the same kind of high, while sativas produce very personal high.

Naah, im too high right now to write...

Machaze -> :yes: For the mites: Check white little eggs on the upper leaf surfaces. (they look like dust), these fucks can lay 100 eggs per day when they are mature. Of those eggs there is going to be 75 % female & 25 % males, when they got nice circumstances they can come mature in 10 days -> you do the count... I hope you destroyed them but I now that they dont leave your plants easy.