What's new

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

Kicking into Flush

Kicking into Flush

Blind Willy Chemical Haze = a pool of William's Wonder, SSH, with various Diesels blended into a couple recombinations of Chem D...that's what it is.

Kind of a grab bag in those genetic pools...one expects to find expressions all over the place (but not really if you ask me)...lemons...funk...skunk...fuel...grapefruits...plants that coat themselves in rude rank resin glands...plants that finish past 70...plants that yield decently....plants that should not present any hard let downs

Here's a look at the other 2 sisters. Day 53 starting flush

This one...I had predicted in veg....would show to be influenced the most by Wonder Haze (or the SSH in Wonder Haze I should say)....and I don't think I was way off...she is a slower plant...smells overall like a mellow citrus skunk. Now starting to pack weight...solid flowers

And this one is more a grapefruit twist in fuel/foulness....she too...is starting to bulk up. I'd speculate that she is more in the ways of Diesel expressions. Solid flowers..

* You can see by the burnt leaf tips...that I'm still feeding all my flowers until I see that burn. I usually shoot to hit the burn when I start P blasting. I gage off the burn and hit them for all they're worth...then drop them into the extended flush where they do most of their bulking. Flushing them to death is most rewarding...watching the twist and turns of consumed fuels...steady desperation

** I executed 2 beautiful I-HOP Highends. They were the last I had in veg...topped so many times I couldn't count. They were getting way out of hand....too big for my set up. I saved myself the aggravation from having to manage them in flower.

*** With the execution of the above mentioned girls...my focus now starts to drift to my upcoming Hell Hound run. They are next up. It's going to be sickness

**** The I-HOP Highend run is turning out to be a memorable one...seeing stuff I didn't expect. Having a good time with it. Totally different vein of expression. I still can't figure them out...can't picture the finish.

Do you know why I like working with Highend?

Well...besides the tasty/different smoke...the plants have a unique vibe. They have a feel to them..and their own look. I also like that not many seem to work with it.

I think the blending of Strawberry Dog (SCreme'n Dawg) and Highend to be one of my best moves. Kind of a trippy cross...for some reason...does not seem conventional. I'm not sure what my vision is...having to let the plants guide me along. Foggy days

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

smoke report and other nonsense

smoke report and other nonsense

I've been smoking the bubble hash made from the Hell Hounds and Bubba G....awesome in all regards. Creamy blonde resin that taste like all kinds of things wound into overall...a hash flavor and aroma on exhale. Gets you very high and spacey.

joints off the "Premium" Hell Hound expression...are now my favorite running smoke. 1/2 a joint before a series of hills and drainages....nude witches and Border Patrol helicopters...will set you fucking straight. Everything is wonderful and funny. This weed helps get me there...3rd eye trances as I bound my way over the rocks and Yucca...after a couple miles...the endorphins take over...breathing exercises to enhance the experience. The herbal high turns over the keys to body chemistry. Burn the other 1/2 immediately after the run to cool down and stretch...push ups etc..drink my Cream Soda reward....talk to the Ravens

* 3rd week no dairy. It has its moments. My runs have been on though...certainly is not hurting my runs. Veggie Pizza without cheese please. Thanks.

T

THE PABLOS

Little Resin Bomb....carry on girl

Little Resin Bomb....carry on girl

My "House Plant" has been able to return to the outdoors...not to an optimum outdoor climate...but to one in which she can flush in...if...brought in at night.

She has seen every spectrum the winter outdoors has to offer...as well as MH and fluorescent spectrums....no HPS at all. She won't pack much weight...but she comes with lots of the sticky

It is my thought that once you make your 1st subjective selection...that the natural order is no longer one of objectivity. When you put your finger in the pie...you should commit to eating the entire burden.

A population of Cannabis plants..if left alone...left to their own devices...will quickly adapt and survive the arrangement. More males will be created to help repopulate the stand....expressions will change to reach a truce with environment.

I am beginning to see males should be less than the 50/50 ratio....in an artificial environment...ideally manipulated into more a 20/80 ratio.

I have no real need to do reversals...but as a tool....I can see at least a few advantages to breeding with reversed plants. I do not see where it would be detrimental.

* I am doing some unsound breeding by using early nanners from one female and pollinating another female with the pollen. The intersex was self induced...so probably a sketchy proposition...but one that I think I can work with.

* I'd not pass on the seed from this sort of thing. The beans will probably be unsound by most grower's views. For my private garden...I have no concerns at all.

* Never bum out...never trap yourself in a rut

*****RUN DAY

T

THE PABLOS

CONGRATS UNC!!!! You are a pops. Good deal.

Yeah...I'm digging that thread. Having used beans made from reversed stuff...can't see a problem at all. I've been educating myself on the subject for a little bit. Look at what Chimera does with reversed plants. Pretty sure he reversed females into males in most his last offerings....even if most the pollen % was the B130 male. I may be wrong though.

H

Homer J Pimpin

It is my thought that once you make your 1st subjective selection...that the natural order is no longer one of objectivity. When you put your finger in the pie...you should commit to eating the entire burden.

love this I'd rep ya if I could brother..........HDN

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i admit i had a bias against feminized seeds for no real good reason,i grew out three fem strains from greenhouse and they all did fine,and a few nanners arent the end of the world...

looks to be a decent haul of beans,those were just the ones about to fall off,still have four more plants to check tonight,and theres plenty still ripening on all six plants,got two males im collecting pollen from,should be many more beans coming,part of the reason i got the tent...

T

THE PABLOS

Chimera used the mother of GK (B25), mother of OTM (B133), and mother of TBB (B144) along with the B130 male...in those projects.

All that OG Jam and Bubba G were from reversed plants....and I've obviously no problem breeding with them. In fact I'm germing up Fuck Show (Hell Hound X Bubba G) to get a few plants for container growing in my OD pit.

Man...beans come and go...fall out of their pods...and do their thingy. I don't pretend to know where they all come from...pollen and beans are travelers. My garden is contaminated with my lack of knowledge and god knows what else. Nothing is exact.

I'm outta here....I have the day off to run

T

THE PABLOS

Propelling into this Fuck Show

Propelling into this Fuck Show

To be under the influences of the mother plant...as you start her seed---a mother plant that you selected from your own creation---to feel her in your head as the beans go under...is all part of the pathway's experience. One creation builds another creation...layer after layer...until foundations disappear under the depths of the pool.

Filling pools is not unlike raising a family. You view the family resemblances...you go through life stages...you guide the family the best you can. Hail to the king...if he can keep the family in a constant state of rich progression.

*Hell Hound "Premium" is the mother of Fuck Show. Males are from the Bubba G run.

**I'm looking for a few females to run outdoor...in 5gal buckets...in my pit.

***Breaking it down: Fuck Show is a blend of Casey Jones, C99BX, SFV OG Kush, Ghost OG Kush, and Katsu Bubba Kush

Edit: the seeds popped tails in less than 12hrs. Primo beans. I couldn't imagine being a seed slinger and having to worry about someone else's strike rates. What a motherfucker. One thing I've noticed about growers and seeds...is that a lot of them can't leave their shit alone. I soak in RO water for 12hrs or so...just to wake the beans up..then plant them in moist coco...then leave them alone. If I don't see them above medium within 3 days...something is wrong...

Also...flushing and beans. I flushed the mother plant for 3wks...so flushing doesn't seem to be detrimental to seed making. Ever hear anyone get crazy on feeding seeded mothers to perfection/no flush? Or how much better "organically" maintained beans are? I call bullshit. A healthy plant produces healthy seeds...whether fed "organically" or "non organically"

Last edited:
That bubble must be good stuff! Invaluable information in these last few posts,P. Diggin' it! And I'm really enjoying your recent cameos unc,looks like you have some really fun stuff in the works!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you know i havent been flushing my seed plants mostly out of laziness plus with veganic nutes flushing is sort of a formality imo ...

thanks spiral,i got a lot of inspiration to start some pollen chucking from following p's threads,really one of the growers on ic who has had a big influence in my garden in general in spite of the almost entirely different set ups/regimes,so i had to show off my children...cant wait to sprout some!

T

THE PABLOS

I see my garden as a series of pools...during times they will swell and overflow into each other. When the swell comes down...the pools will have expanded...but are again isolated to build their separate populations. I don't view it as a collection of lines.

* seeds...I probably just cooked a mass amount of non frost tolerant veggie seeds by not checking my work. Leaving seeds alone while experimenting with a new technique (especially when it has a lot to do with outdoor conditions...indoor is so much easier to regulate)....is highly not...a good idea. Fuck me...I'll probably have to redo my work. It's an ugly scene.

Chaos= the principal. the self. the I. the me. the unawareness.

Successful/Bountiful outdoor veggie gardening in a particular short season environment...is far more challenging and more work than growing a few Cannabis plants indoors (in the same environment).

One must not lose their mind. One must work with a lot of different seed/plants. One must understand weather systems. One must find the time and energy to manipulate plants, medium, and environment. One must have the will to struggle against Mother Nature...play Frankenstein to the monster/garden.

T

THE PABLOS

Notes

Notes

Odessa swells by blending with OG Jam to create Hell Hound. Hell Hound expands by incorporating Bubba G to make Fuck Show.

The I-HOP Highend is a part of the I-HOP projects that I started in '09/'10. Several Strawberry Dog F2 (aka SCreme'n Dawg) females were mated individually to either: Grape Krush, Blue Satellite 2.2, or Highend F2 males. The pollinations were done in roughly the same period (an indicator of how much I had going at the time...my rooms were packed with all kinds of shit to get this done)...with all the mothers on their 2nd run. * I never had a Strawberry Dog male...or I would have pollinated the other way as well.

I-HOP Highend is mated to either a "true" Hell Hound or an Odessa IX1(O that blended pollen) to build Salvation.

There is now foundation work...common denominators...sketched out between what is becoming Salvation and what is rising as the Fuck Show. The Hell Hound (or Odessa depending on pollen grain) acts as the slough between two bodies of work. Life started in tidal pools.

* Looking back over the Pet Projects thread...I'm reminded that I was running my rooms cold (and crowded as well) for color effects while flowering to make the I-HOPs. The temps affected not only color but produced different flower expressions and a lower yield. My point...is that I'm not seeing the same flower expressions in the I-HOP Highends. I've been reviewing the SCreme'n Dawg, Pet Projetcs, and SCreme threads to help me understand what I'm seeing. Every I-HOP Highend expression is going to yield very well....various flower structures and aromas.

T

THE PABLOS

Taking to

Taking to

Rolling worms of Bubba G/Hell Hound bubble hash...stretching them through the middle of Hell Hound "Premium" expression joints. Those joints are in no way a clear high...but for running I've come to the conclusion...that I prefer potent narcotic space highs. Not much for socializing on this stuff. Rambled slur

3 days is my targeted take off...like I said before..for beans gone under the medium surface.

beginning of the 3rd day...Fuck Shows popping up

Day 69....the 2 Chem DD expression Blind Willy Chemical Hazes have been given their last rites. Mediums were flooded one last time. Once they dry out their squares...they'll be harvested. 20+ day flush.

NO INTERSEX....nice tidy yield...stench riddin expressions...musty/chalky sour milk (cheese) skunk is close.

I've decided in the last year...that I actually prefer messing with plant expressions that show intersex. For I'd say...that the vast majority of them have been workable. It is more work...but it also gives you options. I prefer my stand of plants to have a say...yet that say...stays in a controlled environment.

The two female I-HOP Highends I mated...will do nothing but give each other back. They are sisters...they are similar...they are fantastic plants. There is no way...unless somehow...the smoke sucks..that I wouldn't run beans made from this union. Both were also bred out to make Salvation.

If a breeder reverses his best females in a cross...takes the pollen and blends it with pollen from his best males in the cross...pollinates....that breeder has immediately changed the 50/50 male to female ratio. Plus added what is proven genetics from the females. Done correctly...should be as stable as stable goes these days. In the future...I agree...this should be what you are getting from most breeders. You get stability and diversity still....the reverse more a tool to keep key features in the females...in tact/guiding. The extra females in the blend ratio...a bonus. Most don't need a 50/50 population. Know I don't.

Me I'll fuck around with my fucked plants that are not all that fucked up...but beautiful in their way. Plant sexes...plant sexist

RUN DAY...cold ass rainy weather. Hills Hills Hills

You know what, ruling doctrine and knee jerks aside,using intersex pollen makes perfect sense for indoor sinse production. Most of the traits we're looking for in a breeding male are(to my mind atleast) distinctly feminine. Strong aromatics,resin etc. And maybe cannabis isn't as monoescious as we'd like to think. It may be a matter of degrees. And like you've said,P,willingness to deal with intersexed plants. I'm testing the offspring of a bagseed thai hermie and my dearly departed nirvana ice. And for now the single plant I've kept looks really nice. I'm glad I kept'em.

H

Homer J Pimpin

great writing pablos very engaging yet chaotic humor love the whole 9

T

THE PABLOS

Transfixing

Transfixing

Running up canyon...beside flowing creeks...can't hear much beyond the sliding/bubbling water drawing your mind away. Then..I'm thinking about the triangle of muscles in my upper back..which leads me to pondering triangles, triangles on a map, and pyramids...until I almost get in a head on...with a bombing mountain biker. Do you understand...single track and blind corners?...the down force of the cyclist...the up force of the zoned out runner? To be spry is as important as endurance.

* Y'all following what Chimera is doing? There's going to be some details to evolution? It's a heavy time. Truths and untruths. Goody.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I'm setting up the Hell Hound (Odessa mom version) run to be incrossed in its 1st flight. So I put my 2 selected males into flower a couple days ago...get a little jump start on the girls..as I like to do.

What's great about those males...you selected....to perpetuate the Hell Hound pool?

"Fuck...how do I know? They were deliberately selected not to be uniform is about all I can really say. I have no way of knowing whether they will breed worth a shit. How many can really tell how well a male breeds? You'd need vast #s and a University level garden to prove anything...and even then." (No proof)

Do you believe in females?

"The further I go...the more I rely on females. Females are the key. A good breeding female keeps representing in her prodigy. She also occurs often down the line. I can't say my pools are getting any less prosperous by chasing the skirts." (no proof)

What's your point?

"Not many can judge their males...but many can judge their females. In a small population...the female is all that much more important...to be successful on the pathway. If you get lucky...the male kicks in some cool traits..or is being used...as a tool...to take you into another pool. Selecting males is less important and usually...in most gardens...a crap shoot. The males play a lesser role..whether anyone can admit it or not."

Females...these 2 girls will be the 1st Hell Hound females to go into flower (they are crowding me). One will be bred and one will not. The one that will not be bred...is...I'm pretty sure....a flimsy expression coming from the Odessa genetics. Good smoke...so I'm running her for fun.

The plant on the right is my #2 selection. She is stretchy but has a different look...appeals to me. Has some slight weirdness to her..bunch of these leaves. I like her so I'll tag her for pollen.

Hell Hounds are good stuff...Casey Jones, C99BX, SFV OG Kush, and Ghost OG Kush. The rewards for this grow will be beans and some excellent sinse.

This is the 2nd Hell Hound run but the 1st Hell Hound run from the Odessa mom(s) side. The beans came from 2 Odessa IX1 females...documented...they were called "Tropical" and "Vinyl"....I've smoked both their flowers...many Xs....good stuff. They should be good moms as well...we'll see

Edit: I'm captivated by strawberries lately. Reading about Strawberry Fields and Strawberry Cough. Reading about a grower selfing Strawberry Cough....and another grower working with those S1 beans...and finding his own expression...working that expression via backcrossing....outcrossing several ways...and getting those genetics into others gardens. I like tracing the history...the stories...the grows....of how things came to be under my lights...mixed into my own mash.

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

Randomness

Randomness

Flowers...ages 50-55 coming into flush season. As their days pass by me...I'm able to make out 2 expressions. The sisters seem to agree that they will be one or the other in flower structure. The flower structures are not that unalike either.

In the flower patch: One gets a sense of Hazy Blueberry...in regard...to one expression direction...and a blended mash expression...less the Blueberry feel..in the other direction. All the plants smell rather mashed berry foul musk. I'm interested to know..as they flush away...whether I'll get definitive berries...or if the berries will be swallowed by funk.

There are 3 plants in the pix...2 alike and 1 different...though you may be hard pressed to see the differences. In life it's a little easier.

* 2 of these were also the "False" males....and showed intersex the first few weeks of flower. Have not shown any signs since then.

* 1 of these is my #1 selection. She also has shown some intersex...she continues to put out easy to see nanners every few days...one or two at a time. Easy to deal with...absolutely elementary maintenance.

* 2 of these females are mated to each other. A "False" male was used to pollinate the #1 selection. The same "False" male was also pollinated to make Salvation...as was the #1 selection. The other "False" male was not bred.

Getting into the 4th quarter with about 1/2 the sisters....and the other 1/2...staggered out a couple/few wks behind. There is not a sub par expression amongst them. Feel like I'm hitting the section with a solid line...balls to the wall

T

THE PABLOS

More Randomness

More Randomness

a look at my #1, #2, and #3 veg selections. I-HOP Highend

#1 pollinated on two separate branches with one branch being pollen from a "False" male sister and the other pollinated for Salvation. A righteous female.

#2 pollinated for Salvation. She is a slight variance from the #1 sister.

#3 will demonstrate that even if I select a female in veg...to be later pollinated...I don't always carry through. #3 is a beautiful expression...very similar to one of the "False" males. I pollinated the "False" male expression (for Salvation) in lieu of #3...because I liked her better. #3 is...therefore...not pollinated.

Group shot....day 51...1st day of flush.

Starting descent...now I'll find out how the aromas are going to converge.

It's crazy...maybe my attention span is shot out...but by the time I get plants to the extended flush stage...I'm over them. I still work with them every day...still take care of them...it's not that they don't interest me...but I just don't gawk at them. It is a more careless stage of life. I don't pay them much mind...for me..they are done as far as the grow goes. My death grip is asserted..there is no struggle..it's a slow drain of life.

I don't get a hard on for harvest...but objectively...march my plants there.

Last edited: