What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A World On A String

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i still remember the first time i saw pot in a jar,got introduced to the concept that it could have a name at the same time,a new years party....so many moons ago,old school cali strains,and old cali strains being grown in the high desert mountains as well,first time i ever sat down with the actual growers.."yah gotta try this one,its x crossed to y from place c",had never heard that sort of talk,or seen weed that had not been bricked....although back then mexican pot was still really good on occasion,the Oaxacan that came in the winter...yum...

T

THE PABLOS

Summertime Rolls

Summertime Rolls

.....the "one off"....the only plant of its kind in existence. I'll refresh you....The last pollination I did on my queen "Deliah" ChemDD (before I let her go) was with pollen from TFlux Highland. It is female!!

TFlux Highland= Flo x ChemDD X Highland Mex x Blueberry

Summertime Rolls...then= ChemDD X Flo x ChemDD x Highland Mex x BB....I just wanted to type that out lol...or
ChemDD X TFlux Highland

The pollen wasn't very viable...after being vacc sealed in the fridge for like a month (little less) but I did get a whopping 2 beans. Right away just tossed them in an outdoor planter(fate...fresh beans..no cure)...marked where they were....and right away this plant popped up...spooned her out...took her inside and now here she is....

She is shown here....with Honey White BC1 females...I'm going to clone her....as I said before....I've had good fortune with rare plants...I feel they just come to me. I want to use her more than once...so a little cheat in this case is acceptable.

I was never happy with my Highland Mex X BB grow...I got my ass kicked...documented over at Chimera's place....and if you haven't seen what Ponde did with his Highland grows....especially the vert he recently finished....I'd advise looking it over. Not being humble...but factual...his came out way better than mine....check it out.

I was never happy as I said....but when it comes to the outcrosses....I'm scoring up good plants that I can grow in my environment....should be more clear...I was happy with the High Mex...just not the grow. The outcrosses have been fruitful and I've platformed a few things off of the Highland. They tend to be extremely aggressive plants....I'd say that is one of the Highland's calling cards.....not easy to deal with.

Indicas.....what's wrong with indies?.....absolutely nothing. This is one of the things I'm setting up to run here in the next month.

Shown....4 Honey White BX1 (BC....or whatever lol) with 2 male (in front) Sweet Milk.

Honey White BX1=see Highlighter's thread....but it's a cross between The White and Highend...BXed for White traits.

Sweet Milk= Gumblebum X LUI....Gumblebum is from H3ad and is made up like this: G13BX X Sour Bubble. I've grown one Sweet Milk before...the LUI adds yield, height, and structure...at least in the one subject I ran. Now I'm running for the incross and this outcross to HW.

I'll need to mention....squat indie dominants don't work well in my flower room. They easily get overgrown by sativa hybrids. I like them though....and one never knows when room set ups may change....so I spend extra time vegging...trying to get them up to speed and size...so that they may be competitive.....and so I can catalog them genetically.

The Honey Whites are slower plants...very indie dominant....so I'm blending with the Sweet Milk in blind faith that all those Indie genes come together and forge me a phenotype that is basically a more robust White...look at the plants Chaco is coming up with and make it a bit bigger....that's my concept. Having never smoked HW or The White...I'm flying blind...but that's ok...as I trust in Highlighter's work and I've read and reread the Honey White thread. If it seems I just plunge in....kind of...but not really....I've prepared.

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

Thx for you understanding guys. Into the 4th day of a heatwave, w/ a hurricane looming, I'm a little cranky. :redface:

Those jars were popular. No one ever saw pot in glass then in my circles.
I heard back a few yrs. ago, that one girl thought the Skunky Pete was the best pot ever, and stashed a nug to smoke on her 40th B-day, 14 yrs later. It was a disappointment. :tumbleweed:

You stop being cranky my friend....this is about free style and free form threading...you say whatever you want lol...sorry her old nugget was a let down...but 14yrs...geeze...lot to ask from a weed lol..

Those jars are sick....man you must have style in this world....and now my wife thinks I must be ok....as she sees many of y'all acting the same way I do about growing herb. She still thinks there is something wrong with me....but she respects what we are all doing here and in our gardens. Geezus she smokes enough of it....she better be happy...she's actually way chill and personable....it's me that's the Hermit of the Hills...rolling around in overalls. I'd rather deal with plants than peeps.

T

THE PABLOS

i still remember the first time i saw pot in a jar,got introduced to the concept that it could have a name at the same time,a new years party....so many moons ago,old school cali strains,and old cali strains being grown in the high desert mountains as well,first time i ever sat down with the actual growers.."yah gotta try this one,its x crossed to y from place c",had never heard that sort of talk,or seen weed that had not been bricked....although back then mexican pot was still really good on occasion,the Oaxacan that came in the winter...yum...

Same...1st time I heard all the breeding gibberish I lost my mind...I was so stoked that peeps were out there doing that. When I was able to start getting serious about growing again....the world took a turn...and now I'm one of those dudes speaking in tongues. I wish I knew more old timers....I'm probably around many of them but just don't know it.

I did meet an old grower after one of my runs the other day.....he had some Purple Skunk...hardly manicured...grapey but not much of a high. Just because they are old growers doesn't make their weed any better lol....it was good talking about stuff with him though....and we got pretty blazed in the middle of nowhere.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
HL, thanks for sharing that. Too cool, IMO. And nice touch with the jars. The labels are classy. Try not to let the weather get to ya just yet. You know how this place can be. Give it a minute and we might get snow. Though today is oppressively hot. I'm stocking up on some essentials but something in my gut tells me it ain't gonna be what they think it might... I hope I'm right.
smile.gif

Pablos, Strawberry Hill sounds sweet. Be curious to hear what the initial haze scents give way to as you mentioned something seems to be bubbling up underneath the initial aroma. A stout haze, that sounds so good already. You just running em for some flowers or ya have any plans for them?

T

THE PABLOS

HL, thanks for sharing that. Too cool, IMO. And nice touch with the jars. The labels make it classy. Try not to let the weather get to ya just yet. Today seems a lot hotter than yesterday, no? I'm stocking up on some essentials but something in my gut tells me it ain't gonna be what they think it might... I hope I'm right. :)

Pablos, Strawberry Hill sounds sweet. Be curious to hear what the initial haze scents give way to as you mentioned something seems to be bubbling up underneath the initial aroma. A stout haze, that sounds so good already. You just running em for some flowers or ya have any plans for them?

The aromas now coming out on the most developed sister...I'm going out on a limb....but Strawberry....that particular pheno was incrossed. I posted her a few pages ago...but I'm going to repost her with her sissy soon. Both sisters are the same age...say 40ish....but her sis is just now really starting to flower....she is stocky and thick....but not the same phenotype....I plan to hit her with the Thai Haze X SK.

They are different from any other Haze hybrid I've grown....I'm pretty infatuated with the both of them. Pretty exciting.

V

vod

A wonderful thing this internet. I feel like a wizard sitting in front of my Palantir. Google fuckin spacetecnology for the masses maps, all Information on demand basically and Forums where you find other people with crazy hobbies like yourself. A secret community. Meeting souls, spirits, voices, finding writing on the wall. Crazy. So many different people. Different age, walk of life, nationality. People I would never meet in my world. Sometimes difficult to understand... and then you are back with ghosts and magic :smoke:

I am happy to say, that I've already sampled my first product of this years action. Just dried for 4 days and it's very good. Absolutely smooth, very sticky and smells lovely. I opened a baggy outdoors yesterday at the fire and we just stood there for a moment and enjoyed the smell of it. Nice and social, chilled weed... I'm surprised in a positive way, coz her mom wasn't so much to my liking. Gave a bad hangover too. But... my friend reminded me that there are many factors involved in the plants inner workings. Needs to be tested more.

I've had nice evening yesterday with my friends and this little sample. Smoked with a few people -> got into gear for harvest. After the negative mold problem, a first little reward for the effort. I'm very pleased when plants, that I like from the beginning, end their journey with me well. (and I have many of their children in my fridge.)

Cheers, I need to go back and finish the manicuring. Lots of housework as well. I never learned to be a housewife...

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
The aromas now coming out on the most developed sister...I'm going out on a limb....but Strawberry....that particular pheno was incrossed. I posted her a few pages ago...but I'm going to repost her with her sissy soon. Both sisters are the same age...say 40ish....but her sis is just now really starting to flower....she is stocky and thick....but not the same phenotype....I plan to hit her with the Thai Haze X SK.

They are different from any other Haze hybrid I've grown....I'm pretty infatuated with the both of them. Pretty exciting.

That sounds like a good sign, don't often find a strawberry smelling plant, even in supposed 'Strawberry' lines.

Like where you're going with the sis & the THxSK pollen. Have fun hunting through the resulting beans.

KarmasWheele

Veteran
Pablos you gots to be one organized mofo........how do you keep track of all that you do ?
mad respect for you brother........you got soul.........

T

THE PABLOS

Pablos you gots to be one organized mofo........how do you keep track of all that you do ?
mad respect for you brother........you got soul.........

Good to see you healthy and still swinging KW...I was hoping you would eventually drop by. Really liking that Larry thread and the outcross to KC....I'd imagine it could only be great stuff. That thread of yours is producing some nice looking plants...seems there are more than just a couple loyal Larry growers. Does look inviting.

....as far as organized here....lol...I do the most retarded things...I mean stupid.

Example...I was incrossing a Wonder Diesel F2...had some pollen left over....decided to hit a promising South Zone Skunk F2 with the remainder....and preceded to do so....bagged and sprayed down....all looked well....but decided to do some trimming off her bottom....somehow ended up cutting off the pollinated branch.....a total waste....just absurd. I just sat there and groaned...conceded to my chaotic nature once again. You must have a sense of humor....I tell you.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haha, just came in from interior pruning, where I'd made some regretful cuts, but nothing that epically stupid! :bashhead:

I do it all the time, unripened tomatoes, budding roses, sheesh. :redface:

KarmasWheele

Veteran
you gotta clear that mind of all other thoughts while entering the flower room with snippers or those things happen..........I remember when I was running NYCD I got the famed grapefruit pheno of course the only one who's clones never took.........Anyway for about 65 -70 days I remember planning to reveg her studied up on it and everything.........day comes for harvest I go runninmg in there and cut the whole stalk at the verry bottom before i remembered I had been planning to re veg for 2 months.......It was one of those stand paralized with a plant in your hands and your jaw on the floor......sense of humor indeed........

T

THE PABLOS

Highlighter's Golden Tiger X Apollo 11.....

Highlighter's Golden Tiger X Apollo 11.....

Well I've some time...and just had a fat ripper of very well cured Flo Highland (harvested months ago).....Flo X Highland Mex x BB.....some incense, hashy earth, with very slight berry to the incense. The high...lol...way high...probably the best Flo high I've found...tranquil...and far deep in the head.

These plants....I refer to them as "Flying Tiger" but I don't think HL has taken a name for this cross.....it doesn't really matter I guess what the cross is called....but they are flowering at day 49 in the pix.

I started the flush phase at day 45...struck in the girdles and started them on plain RO water. I would say for such obvious sativa dominated plants...they are extremely quick. I must guess...then...that the faster Xs is from the A11...isn't A11 a fast sativa? Neither plant was topped.

Let me see if I can separate them for you...they are two different phenotypes as far as I can recognize.

This pheno was pollinated with Purple Bastard Haze F2.....and I have a feeling...and from some pix I've seen of the A11...that this one is leaning to that side. Her aroma???...sweet sugary....maybe some tropics?....very nice aroma.

Seeded bud....plump with beans

A look at the other pheno...long flower structure....spears you may say....somewhat similar to her sister but a bit less refined....meaning...she seems less a hybrid and more a closer to roots type sativa structure wise. You would expect to see this kind of structure in a population of outdoor sativas. She smells different....has a sweetness but it is like a "Wheat Grass" sweetness...if you have ever done shots of fresh Wheat Grass juice....kind of like that aroma. I like it....different aroma...waiting to see how it develops as she finishes.

Both sisters were fierce fighters the first half of flowering. They needed to be trained quite a bit...but once they started working on flowers....they became very low maintenance and pretty content subjects. I've not found any signs of intersex...even with constant abuse...they appear stable.

I'm thinking the 1st one will harvest before 60daze.....and the more native one will go before 65daze....they seem to want to turn over quick...I like it when plants flush out that way...and sometimes think the girdle helps in that department. They are flushing with the Purple Bastard leaning BH F2....roughly at the same speed...pretty visually appealing to watch them all turnover. They seemed to bond well together...those three plants...flowered together the whole time...now I'm planning to do blended bong rips of the three.

Last edited:

KarmasWheele

Veteran
great pic's pablos love the suicidal tendencies and dead kennedy's stickers........"All I wanted was a pepsi,just 1 pepsi and she wouldnt give it to me" ........Then theres Jello Biafra........good ole jello hates politics love to talk about them...........

T

THE PABLOS

great pic's pablos love the suicidal tendencies and dead kennedy's stickers........"All I wanted was a pepsi,just 1 pepsi and she wouldnt give it to me" ........Then theres Jello Biafra........good ole jello hates politics love to talk about them...........

....I meant to get new stickers the other day...totally flaked on it....I'm a sticker addict...I need to get some new ones on there. I think Jello still gets beat up by fascist...

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do like 'Flying Tiger', tho so few of these were made it's a bit redundant.
BTW, I had 5 GT females, and pollinated a branch ea. like you do.
In packing these up to a few folks, I sent 3 beans from ea. pheno, and there's an outside chance that some Guawi x A11 could have made it out. :bashhead: Stoned transgressions...
The Apollo is a quick one, 7-8 wks. Coupling that w/ it's clear, somewhat subtle high, she is the backbone for future pure sativa X's for me. ;)
The sweetness is coming from A11, but I expect your aromas to change.
Damned if I didn't smoke the last of my Golden Tiger this weekend, I would have liked to have compared the "Wheat Grass" analogy. Just could never put my finger on that one! :thinking:

Thanks for looking @ these! :tiphat:

T

THE PABLOS

I do like 'Flying Tiger', tho so few of these were made it's a bit redundant.
BTW, I had 5 GT females, and pollinated a branch ea. like you do.
In packing these up to a few folks, I sent 3 beans from ea. pheno, and there's an outside chance that some Guawi x A11 could have made it out. :bashhead: Stoned transgressions...
The Apollo is a quick one, 7-8 wks. Coupling that w/ it's clear, somewhat subtle high, she is the backbone for future pure sativa X's for me. ;)
The sweetness is coming from A11, but I expect your aromas to change.
Damned if I didn't smoke the last of my Golden Tiger this weekend, I would have liked to have compared the "Wheat Grass" analogy. Just could never put my finger on that one! :thinking:

Thanks for looking @ these! :tiphat:

No problem at all looking at this cross HL.....I'm pretty sure the A11 is going to work for you in about anything you decide to use it on. I like when a sativa dominant line has the ability to finish quick....yet hold on to its sativa(ness). I've thought the C99s and Apollos...had that pretty well down....and thus thought...they are useful in other sativa dominant crosses....rather than throw in an indica. Guess it also depends on your taste....I like really fruity and sweet smokes...not always....but sometimes they just hit you so right...and those kind of flavors seem to make peeps smile..like really happy flavor and happy weed. Sunshine weed.

The Wheat Grass thing came to me as I had my eyes closed...nose stuck in that plant....I figure the aromas to transition....but I'll be sure to drink some juice and smoke a rip at the same time. Wheat Grass was the closest aroma in my memory banks....

Stuff looks swell to me man...I'll post up harvest....or at least some dry manicure shots when the time comes. I'm happy with them.

T

THE PABLOS

ClearBarbedFunk's Strawberry Hill....

ClearBarbedFunk's Strawberry Hill....

Two different phenotypes....at day 43...very interesting subjects

Let's start with the pheno you have yet to see. At first I was really favoring this one...however....now I'll say the jury is still out. She is stocky...untopped...leafy....pretty much odorless...and pretty slow to start getting into flowers. I'm not saying I don't like her...but she is more difficult to read as far as feeding....I've been cutting her N the last couple days....Kool Bloom blasting to check reactions.

Basically a steadfast and thick girl...maybe 3.5' tall....I hit her with the Thai Haze X Skunk#1 just the other day. I'm more comfortable...now...with my decision not to incross this phenotype...as I think the outcross pollen is better choice for this one...ie I'd rather not follow this pheno down the "Inline Rabbit Hole"....yet see the value that the outcross could possibly open up. The lack of aroma is throwing me off a bit I'll admit.

The brown pistils should indicate that the pollen took hold...pretty sure it did.

Here is the sister....now this girl speaks volumes to me....she is bound in poetry. Untopped...at just over 3' tall from the coco surface to her top....filled with flowers from top to bottom...like an ornamental shrub...could you imagine her in a vert set up?

Aroma...man so difficult to say....definitely old skool Haze smells...covered with some sort of berry...Strawberry perhaps...so hard to say...but berry is in there.

This plant moves along at a good clip...I'm stunned to see this structure and the fast flower pace all in the same plant. Pretty much my vision of what an indoor Haze should look and behave like. As I stated...I didn't top her...and actually didn't have to train her other than tie her to stakes for stability... even though....she stands strong and proud on her own. I'm actually in shock when I look at her...can't believe what I'm seeing....very simple plant to work with.

Partially seeded for the next generation....I'm stoked that I used this girl for that purpose....it will work out just fine. Blessings. She is well beaned up.

Purple Haze?.....Ask CBF what Haze he used. This is her top.

The two sisters....day 43....dynamite

Before the sol moved its way around...taken in the early A.M. after I removed the 10 millimeter tarp that helps to keep her warm during the night. This is my Joy Division scrog....nothing like flowering your own crosses OD.

Note how low I am keeping her...out of respect for neighbors and the windy conditions that often are the status quo up around my parts. This is a pretty high maintenance way of going about it....but it has its advantages when it comes to the tarp and illicit eyes. Basically a pitted fortress....guarded by dogs.

Pollinations on this subject....Wonder Diesel F2 and Thai Haze X Skunk#1.....Amorican Graffiti and SuperSonic respectively...and once again...Joy Division= Killer Chemdog X Cindy Jones

I'm hoping to reel this lunker into the boat....but for now....I'm still letting her take out line....I'm shooting for the 1st week of October...these are the critical weeks now....but so far so good...looks like around a hundred flower heads on her....she is done stretching....flowering hard.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts