What's new

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

More Odessa IX1 (Casey Jones X Cindy Jones)

More Odessa IX1 (Casey Jones X Cindy Jones)

Here are the other 2 donor Odessa females being used in the Hell Hound project....day 30....both partially pollinated. The plant on the left is most likely a C99 leaner as she reeks like pineapple....the plant on the right looks like she could be a Diesel leaning Casey Jones phenotype....reeks of diesel fuel.

Tops...

A seeded flower....pollinated last wk or somewhere around that time frame.

It is my thoughts....that I have a nice selection of phenotypes for making the Hell Hounds....there is less variation in the SFV x Ghost X Ghost side of things....but I expected those to be fairly uniform. I have nothing to complain about....all is going well as expected. The flower studio is going off.

T

THE PABLOS

Into the coco bins

Into the coco bins

Instead of putting the beans into cups...I am trying this method. As the sprouts pop and establish a solid tap....I'll pinch them out with my fingers...place them in their own individual cups. Yes I need to be careful....no I've never used tupperware in this fashion....yes I've removed many a sprout and transplanted them from one beer cup to another....same principle.

I like to do it in the 1st couple days after sprout growth. Coco makes it easy not to damage the tips. But 1st....let's get them up and going

O....that's my trusty strainer with coffee filters....the same strainer and filters have been with me for a long time. I dampen it...then pour the beans out of shot glasses. I like to soak beans for 12-24 hrs.....I feel it wakes them up. I don't like paper towels and agree that soaking is not necessary....but it is my preference....un PHed RO water is what I use.

Good beans only want to go to work....bad beans and pita beans can kiss my ass. I have no time for beans that want to meander....I immediately select away from them....whether by choice or circumstance.

Can't wait for those kiddies to grow up. Those are some absolutely incredible strains,and they seem to fit into your overall direction quite well. I'll be lurking as always,dude...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wonder if you could use a biscuit cutter to scoop them out sorta..

sandys-biscuit-cutter.jpg

if you could find one about the same size as the cups....

T

THE PABLOS

O for sure an interesting alignment of genetics. I applaud my friends for their diligent work. I will give out credit when the time comes and if they don't mind. I naturally am very grateful for any and all help in obtaining the vision. There are some intensely fanatical cannabis cultivators in this world...many are on these very pages.

Unc....absolutely you could use something like that. I know you are a one of those types that will come up with the perfect instrument. I've done it with spoons but like to be able to feel with my fingers. I like the organic feel of holding such a fragile being and knowing what it can become. Kind of feeling the power of life.

I picture....taking a big pinch of snuff....I do it when the coco is of the same consistency as say....Copenhagen....big old pinch of dip. Pretty easy really....(don't jinx yourself P)....dip the root into the new hole and sprinkle loose coco after it sealing the hole....top off the cup and give it a little push down.

I'm going running......back to dry weather...major slamming of T-cells last couple days. I got soaked yesterday....thunder in the ears...lightening everywhere...great run.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just spent a couple grueling weeks sweating my ass off building a cedar fence,felt like a total wussbag,could hardly work 4 hours in 100+ weather....musta drank a tanker trunk of water over the last couple of weeks...dropped 5-7 pounds easy...
i spose with the numbers you drop rapid rooters would be waaaay too expensive...

T

THE PABLOS

i just spent a couple grueling weeks sweating my ass off building a cedar fence,felt like a total wussbag,could hardly work 4 hours in 100+ weather....musta drank a tanker trunk of water over the last couple of weeks...dropped 5-7 pounds easy...
i spose with the numbers you drop rapid rooters would be waaaay too expensive...

....indeed....it is not looking to stay dry here much longer. The cells are built over the mnts...waiting for the dump again today. They dumped twice yesterday but today it is more a typical late build up as the desert heat meets mnt and coastal cooled air. Wonderful weather...even if it jacks my RH in the rooms.

I don't know...I just felt like starting the seeds different. I get bored and really hate filling/labeling cups. I don't mind as much when I have an active sprout gearing up. I've used rooter cubes in the past...even rock wool....but I'm usually straight into coco after the soak.

One of the reasons I stopped cloning...pain in the ass...sometimes organizing multiple seed runs is similar in that regard. Part of me likes and needs the organization....part of me does not care. When I work with rare stuff and/or other peeps work...I feel a need to respect it enough to keep it organized.

My stuff....not as much...more like I keep propagating beans until I find some I like. I can't even tell you how many beans I toss in the wind...it's substantial...I find sprouts everywhere. Being sloppy is fun....and gives you a different mindset that is very helpful.

T

THE PABLOS

More Hell Hound making

More Hell Hound making

I pollinated my favorite of these 3 SFV x Ghost X Ghost (Kush) females this morning at day 20. I may or may not pollinate the other 2 in this batch over the weekend. I have pollinated enough of them...everything I pollinate from here out is mostly bonus. There are still even more behind this batch. Going to be monsters.

Here is the one I selected for today's pollination....they turn on really fast....that is why I am hitting them early. Between day 20 and day 30...these Kush plants really boom out their flowers. By 40....they are well on their way and getting dense as hell. Expressions like what you are seeing here.....work excellent in my set up. Easy to care for...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
do you feed seed plants any differently than sensi plants? do you ever grow entirely sensi plants at all anymore or is there always a branch or two that get hit up?

T

THE PABLOS

do you feed seed plants any differently than sensi plants? do you ever grow entirely sensi plants at all anymore or is there always a branch or two that get hit up?

I feed everything the same...and of course...still flush. I've read where it is not good to flush seeded plants....but I do anyway and notice no problems.

Yes I grow some as seedless. There are several in now that will not be pollinated. Often when I'm getting a 1st look at a cross there will be no pollinations...or on phenotypes that I'm not looking for will be passed over.

I'm flowering 2 Jessica Langs (Satechism X Faye Dunaway) that are going to be killer but are only scouting ventures and will not be pollinated this time....also a Prudence Highland (Querkle X TFlux Highland).....a couple Cleveland Sages...all will be/were passed over for different reasons....but mostly because I'm looking at them to see what is working in them and what is not.

Long day....but I'm off now...Friday Fun Run

T

THE PABLOS

Twilight in the Pit....the Kiva

Twilight in the Pit....the Kiva

I was down checking on the pitted plants I have....after my run in the final rays of light....I brought my camera along to show you what is going on

Runt will be a runt no more? Perhaps you remember this experiment. The runt of the litter SFV x Ghost X Ghost (Kush) placed in a 3gal square...topped, caged up, heavily gutted/pruned, and savagely super cropped....living in the OD///fed man made salts as if she were in the studio....she...like all the pitted plants has been thrashed by T-cells and in 90 degree temps...the pit aids to cool the pots even as her square hangs on the rim of a 5gal bucket as added reflection...

Now see here: she is getting herself set to go into flower...she is hitting puberty....starting the metamorphous into ladyhood. I've been spending time with her every day...watching over her transition

Currently keeping her company (always there is a rotation here as I explained previously....one comes in one goes out as plants and space dictate) are a couple Cleveland Sages....one of which was accidentally pollinated when my Kush male opened a cluster early...and the other: an expression that doesn't do much for me and was never pollinated (accidentally or otherwise)

I've not shown this expression previously...still smells Blue...flowers are tight and dense....resin production is ok....not really a stand out in any way....ho hum....get her done (and out of my way)

Cleveland Sage= Prune Juice X Hummingbird

Hummingbird= Kali Mist x ChemD Kush X Grape Krush

Prune Juice= Querkle X Grape Krush

Couple shots of the pollinated Sage...very BB leaning...probably 65-75% pollinated (guessing) and along with the other accident (that I already harvested) will be made into hashish. Bet that hash will be good to.

I have tickets for the A Perfect Circle show later this month......the 13th step

...step away from the window and go back to sleeeeep

APC fucking kills it

T

THE PABLOS

Around the clock in the A.M. and P.M.

Around the clock in the A.M. and P.M.

Years ago I used to cultivate FD's Pot of Gold (POG)....that is a fact...did some outcrosses as well...but the outcrosses are not relevant here in this post. That I have grown a fair share of POG is.

This is the only Cleveland Sage to take on what I believe is a Kush expression....by Kush I mean she probably leans to the Kush in the Chem D Kush that is a distant part of the Cleve's pedigree. She is also the only plant not to smell like the Blues.

She smells like...and looks like some of the Hindu Kush leaning POGs I used to grow. Her aroma is not overwhelming at all....it is that more old skool aroma which you can pick up in such genetics. I don't really know how to explain it....I want to say...a "mushy" (not musky) smell...tinted with non perfume floral green(ness)...like a memory aroma for me. Distant but familiar. Hash like.

So she....and the sativa leaner I showed a couple/few days ago (post#1080)...are the two expressions I find interesting. The sativa phenotype is heads and shoulders my favorite though....I can't say that enough. The sativa is blowing me away....packing it on now....same age as this Kush leaner (day 43) and neither were pollinated. I could find both again though....probably within a 20 bean drop I'd find both expressions////that is how I feel

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

In for a brief moment

In for a brief moment

If I am growing your genetics...don't be concerned. All the latest germinations are making their way in the world. Strike rates were proper.

I'm setting them up for certain alignments....though I don't think I'll be documenting as much. An idea of what is lining up...examples...DTC99 F4 into my Odessa IX1 (Casey Jones X Cindy Jones)...the Tweedy IX1 will be also outcrossed into Odessa. Those projects are in reality and in total present form. Come at me in private for details.

***for one of those involved: Mango Haze dominant...not seeing much of the F13....fast growers. I'm not unhappy seeing the cross come out this way. Not much if any sign of mutation.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Another look at a version of Blueberry Sativa...now at day 55....been in the pit for a week or so....being fed strangely but for sure getting Phosphorous blasts....most likely will be multi harvested as she is ripening bottom to top. (To me)...looks like a shortened Mexican spear.

Cleveland Sage= Prune Juice X Hummingbird

Hummingbird= Kali Mist x Chem D Kush X Grape Krush

Prune Juice= Querkle X Grape Krush

CBF's SFV x Ghost X Ghost (OG Kush)

At days 55 and 48....they are actually the smallest of all the Kush plants (probably because the were put into flower earlier)...but yet...they are still going to yield well. Flowers are heavy and dense.

Though they look very similar....they smell totally unalike. The 55 day plant (left) reeks of citrus lime/lemon/funk while the 48 day plant has really no smell at all. It is not an age thing...the stinky plant was always stinky. The 55 day plant seems like the SFV clone I've smoked in the past...but as I've not grown the clone...I'm only giving speculation. The aroma is why I speculate....the aroma is distinct.

Here I placed one of the Odessa IX1 in the picture....around day 50. This Odessa is Casey Jones dominant...more a fruity aroma (Thai/wreck). She is wonderful but not my favorite out of the current Odessa batch.

The Odessa aromas are all over the place in good ways....fruity, pineapple, vinyl plastic fuel funk....they are jamming and will yield well. As in most cases....getting out of the initial cross is paramount to finding better expressions..ie...the 1st incross rips the cross apart...unleashing super charged expressions.

It is in the 1st incross that you begin seeing if you know what you are doing. Beyond the monkey cross...beyond your borrowing from others...beyond your blanket...selection selection selection is all you need to be able to do. All the other stuff... is all so much less...and all so much more binding thought. My opinion...

Ever see The Botany of Desire (or the book)?....the cannabis chapter was the least interesting to me. Look at the apple man....

G

Guest50138

It is in the 1st incross that you begin seeing if you know what you are doing. Beyond the monkey cross...beyond your borrowing from others...beyond your blanket...selection selection selection is all you need to be able to do. All the other stuff... is all so much less...and all so much more binding thought. My opinion...

Ever see The Botany of Desire (or the book)?....the cannabis chapter was the least interesting to me. Look at the apple man....

This Thread is a POG Very insightful PABLOS you have motivated me to no end..Always lurkin:wave:

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Yer gonna like that Mango Haze ;) whatever form it is in.
I have a AlphaD/MangoH on deck for Fall, with a lemony Jack Herer leaning/NYCD mom in waiting.

Got some Grape Krush F2's goin too lol We think alike it seems...

Parvati isn't in yer quiver is it? :D

T

THE PABLOS

Odessa "Trops" and Odessa "Vinyl" (Casey Jones X Cindy Jones)

Odessa "Trops" and Odessa "Vinyl" (Casey Jones X Cindy Jones)

Somewhere in their mid 40's....I'm favoring both these expressions for their structure form....for their willingness to blast....for their extreme aromas...I'm finding so much to like in the Odessa IX1s....much better expressions than I found in the 1st generation.

The 1st generation was nice...obviously found the moms and pops I wanted...but it has only been since I started running the IX1s that I realize how well it all hooked up. Out of 4 plants in this batch...I see 3 different expressions. The 2 here....as far as cultivation in my studio...they work the best (no need to train and bend like the Casey dominant I showed yesterday) and their aromas/demeanors are deadly. I want to see expressions like these.

Essentially....when you look at these expressions and understand that both are partially pollinated with the mixed dust...you can mark them down as a crossroad. I now have alternate routes into the same gene pools....I can come from the tropical side or the industrial plastic side when gliding down the walls of the Hell Hounds. Further that along with the heavy Casey/Wreck/Thai donors (as the other 2 are) and I pretty much have a flush.

With CBF's OG Kush work anchoring me off... I'm whole and present in the pool...I'm free to rip when the Hell Hound transition is completed. For sure one of my more efficient projects....quick to the kill.

"Trops" Left "Vinyl" right

"Trops" top....pineapple under a general tropical aroma

"Vinyl" top....foul fuel plastic/almost like a new vinyl shower curtain

Tweedy seedlings....2 for sure and 1 maybe are influenced by the F13 pops. All others are Mango Haze dominants imo...in one of the pictures (group) I included a MH dominant to show how most subjects lean

Rushing it along would be an illusion...

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You's a busy boy P! I just dropped a gang of CJ F3's and ChemDD F2's. Along with some Deep Congo F3's and some other stuff too. I'll post up some pics when they are worth showing. And yes, there will be pollen!

T

THE PABLOS

You's a busy boy P! I just dropped a gang of CJ F3's and ChemDD F2's. Along with some Deep Congo F3's and some other stuff too. I'll post up some pics when they are worth showing. And yes, there will be pollen!

Good man. I would outcross within that batch. I have a Congo hybrid in veg....I know it's a different alignment than the Congo in DC but I'm hoping my Grape Krush dads make something special happen. I'm not even looking at those plants now....keeping my mind away. I'm not sure of anything.

Have fun Lean...happy hunting

Latest posts

Latest posts