What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

CBF....all my respect back at you. Your stuff always has a home in my garden. I appreciate all your help...P

wordtree

man, it's hazy up in here.
that Satchechism is going to be something extra-jolly....

glad to see you still doin it well

T

THE PABLOS

Building SuperSonic

Building SuperSonic

SuperSonic= Joy Division X Thai Haze x Skunk#1
in other words
Killer Chemdog x Cindy Jones X Thai Haze x Skunk#1

....something I wanted to do.

T

THE PABLOS

The moon has kept me up for 2 days

The moon has kept me up for 2 days

Thankfully the cycle is progressing....it has been an erratic time with work and gardening....really putting the nose to the grindstone to keep up the pace. With this morning's sunrise...I felt the release from the lunacy.

Introduction to Purple Bastard Haze F2s at day 39 of flower.

Mentioned before that 3 of 4 are leaning to the Haze side of things. The Haze leaners are a HUGE pain in the ass. I should repeat that....but I'll spare you. They don't quit trying to hit the bulbs....but take a beating pretty well.

Here is the Haze leaner that I pollinated with CBF's Strawberry Hill...again at day 39..she is the most vigorous of the Haze leaning sisters....also she looks to be 7-10 days ahead (flower development wise) of her sisters. I don't really want to go into 90-100 day phenos with this cross....and besides the vigor and overall health of the donor pheno...I also selected to use her because she won't go that long yet she still maintains her Hazy attitudes.

All the Haze leaners smell identical....they smell like the Afghan Hazes I just ran.....and the Afghan Hazes smelled like Super Silver Haze. Nothing at all new in aroma or in structure. Seems like a "Dutched" Haze. I don't say that in a negative way....it is my observation. My attitude towards plants like this....been there...they are a lot of work for pretty much the exact sort of plants I've now grown several Xs. I'm hoping by crossing into the Straw Hill that I'll open some doors to other phenos and other aromas.

Seeded flower....please Strawberry Hill...take me somewhere else.

This is the Purple Bastard leaner....my gawd...she smells like incensed berries....absolutely nothing like the Haze leaning sisters....most wonderful. I will look for this girl again....wish I would have hit her with the Straw Hill...that would have been a better selection...at least as far as finding something new.

She is quick...pretty...resinous...colorful deep in the meat of her flowers...easy as hell to grow...and that fragrance is amazing. I love this one. 1/2 the work of her sisters....with all the bells and whistles of blinging bud....candy all the day long...cheers to the Purple Bastard. I barely noticed this pheno (why I missed pollinating her)...now I know what to look for straight away...a little sleeper.

If you guys get a shot at acquiring Purple Bastard Haze I'd do it. The F1s were some really flavorful/colorful and heady smoke....different smoke than anything else I've grown...pretty interesting stuff...I'm not sure why it's not more popular to be honest....other than availability I guess. If I sound like I'm bitching about the Haze leaning F2s...I'm not...it's just the repetition of the plants...I don't prefer going down the same roads time and time again. I'll work my way out eventually or shelve it...if it gets overly annoying. I'll be concentrating on the Purple Bastard side in the future...more to my liking.

I have another round of Afghan Haze coming up now....and I'm not feeling like running them....as I know what I'm going to get....if I had made F2s in the 1st round...I would cull the ones I have going presently...but I didn't so I'll go through the process...but after that...I'm leaving that sort of thing alone for awhile. Personally I feel I could get away without having to run them....because those sort of plants are not difficult to find in other Haze outcrosses...that is obvious to me anyway. It's very good smoke...I'll say that...I've been smoking AH the last couple few daze....the cure really helps the flavor...which is distinct but difficult to describe...is it lemons and mango?....whatever...flavors are subjective. It is not anything like the OHxSK I'll tell you that. They don't seem related even....but that's the plant world for you. I would say the Haze in the AH has been stepped on rather heavily... that's my opinion.

Another pollination I made yesterday...in my sleep deprived state...at least I think I did this lol...

Amorican Graffiti= F1 Joy Division X F2 Wonder Diesel

Amorica being my favorite Black Crowes album.....and a little play on the flick. Ain't I the bright one?

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

Can you hit the hermies with some DM Reverse?

I'm confused....what hermies are we talking about Lazyman? I've never tried reversing anything deliberately lol. My answer is always to germ more beans.

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

Joy Division and Prune Juice manicure shots

Joy Division and Prune Juice manicure shots

The harvest date on these plants was at day 57. Prune Juice is a pain to trim....Joy Division is pretty easy. I'm not much into trimming...don't like anyone else to trim my stuff though...so it is a task that I obviously must tolerate. Does anyone honestly enjoy trimming?

I didn't cherry pick nuggets...a random grab into each jar.

Joy Division

Prune Juice

Togetherness

I did sample a bit of both....right off the hang...no cure.

Joy Division has the fruity chemmy flav that I really love. Not much different than Killer Chemdog but that may change in the jar. Potent enough to make you retarded....and you know this pretty much on exhale....the flav after exhale stays the course...stays in the back of your sinus and throat. Rich and makes me smile.

Prune Juice..hum....the 1st rip I took this morning. She actually disappointed me...the flav didn't barely move my senses....undertone Blue but not grape or berrry. I was bummed. As
I was working in a garden...I later came back inside to have another Rippity- Do- Dah....tried a different flower off Pruney.....this one had flavor....grape earthy taste. I'm not sure why that is...it is not the 1st time I've had buds off the same plant come up with differences in flav....usually in the degree of flav I notice differences. It may have to do with the HPS lites being skimmed so close to the tops of the canopies. Perhaps the lower buds taste stronger....I'll have to pay attention to that...I'm not a huge fan of HPS anyways.....I find that yellow/orange glow bothersome....almost a sickly color spectrum.

Anyhow...I'll let these cure and make better assessment of what they have. Both are potent....the highs don't make me want to close my eyes....but feel medicating at the same time. Daydreamy I call these sort of highs.

Cracks me up when peeps rail on the 80's music scene....all the hair bands...pop bullshit that the masses seem to memorialize as the "80's" sound. I don't know where the fuck they were....but I know...they were nowhere near where I was.

Take some acid....go to an 80's Hardcore show for $5 and check out how lame the 80's underground scene was...lol....you would not come out the same. Out of control. That was my soundtrack to the 80's and I'll never ever forget the things I saw. I relate the 60's hippy movement to the 80's hardcore movement...actually very similar. Great music and great times...under the spells of angst and oppression. That's youth. 80's kids were the products of the "Big Buy In" that ended the 60's...and maybe just a little pissed about that.

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

Finally uncle makes his way over to the thread. Good to see you dude. The hardcore years were wild....every show was so intense...lot of comradeship...some blood...but pretty organic and liberal unless there were Skins. About the only time we ever got in fights....was with those idiots. Mostly I don't recall any major ugliness...some stuff...but generally it was a liberated scene. I still listen to all that music.... catch a show now and then.

I think a lot of the flyer art and the skateboard graphic art of that period....I collect skate art on occasion. I have friends that have flyers collected back from the day. I love flyers man...I always check out flyers...different now with the use of computers....not so many Xerox used these days lol. Xerox art is still way cool imo. I have a book with all the old punk Xerox...funny when you actually remember them. "O yeah I remember that one!"...way too much tripping back then...everything was plastic fantastic...cartoons for a few years....some pretty retarded hair cuts and clothes. Can't ever go back...but it was a crazy good time. The music stands the test of time.

2-COOH

i heart the a-d's

i heart the a-d's

Does anyone honestly enjoy trimming?
I enjoy it!! I shout back at rhetorical questions from behind screens alday so paymeno mind ;) Sorry to hear your latest PJ was soso. I smoked a thai today that was so cherry when ripe, but cured to an acrid suntan lotion like smell.
You seem to have those haze leaners under control though, even though you complain incessantly about them ;) Do you ever snip any growth in training to keep height down with hazey ones or is it strictly LST?

i dont remember any hairbands when i was on the floor of some pit getting a doc martin in the ribs...good times...
i was on the floor watching mtv so whatever they pored into my head, but 8os pop is solid. It is original, if anything else, like doowop and 1920's "jungle" jazz. But yea, my soundtrac for the 80's "too shy shy", "puttin on the ritz"...its fun to bash the posers but i sure hear a lot of kids today trying to sound like that commercial 80's shit.

The music stands the test of time.
See, Pablos agrees. Culture Club A/F

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont get me started about the haircuts....there was a certain etiquette to slam dancing that was lacking in later mosh pits...

glad i finally found my way here Pablos,always worth reading and seeing

T

THE PABLOS

I control plants almost entirely by bending, crushing, and bondage.

Tools of the trade:

Multi colored 8" cable ties...under $4 at Home Depot for a bag of 100. I use multi colors because it makes them easy to see and they are cheaper. I recycle them after I'm done...but once zipped they are zipped...so one use only. These are awesome for tie downs of all sorts. I garden with a bag of them at all times...many uses indoors and out.

50 cent plastic military surplus corpsman field clamps..the kind they use to clamp arteries in the field. Duct tape is placed over the actual clamp to prevent cutting into the plant. A lot of pressure can be applied very easily....so it takes practice. Needle nose pliers work also..duct tape should be used on those as well. I prefer my clamps because they are light and the clamp edge has a ridge that exacts the bend.

1" regular masking tape to fix bends that were over done....I use tape as a support rather than splinting.

Bamboo 4' stakes....I generally teepee with 4 stakes..sometimes more...use a cable tie to hold them together. I prefer the teepee...I like pyramids....and as the top is more narrow...they are easier for me to guide when moving plants around. The weight is more centered even if the plant canopy is mushroomed. Tomato cages put the weight on the outside and the wider tops hang up...not as well balanced. Pyramids are key and very interesting.

Kneepads....my garden is height restricted...I work off the floor quite a bit. Kneepads are essential. Puts my face right at plant level...I can view things better and with more comfort.

As far as pruning....sure...the bottom 1/3 or so of the plant...I'm going for top flowers and don't need all that mass under the canopy stealing plant energy. By the 3rd week of flower I'm mostly done pruning. I'll trim leaves here and there as well...either to open the plants up or to remove spent energy. No sense in keeping used up leaves in place.

Things change...but that's how I'm doing it presently.

Hey uncle....I'm still fucked up on hair cuts....I don't cut it much anymore. I have the Geezus thing going on. Glad you are around dude.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was a little too old for hardcore, was more into X, the Cramps, Gun Club, Dream Syndicate, for early 80's L.A.
Tho I had my guilty pleasures, like ABC, "Shoot that Poison Arrow" :biglaugh:

I did enjoy the hits of the day tho
picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
have you ever tried VetWrap for repair? its a rubberized gauze that sticks to itself but is breathable,you can find it anyplace that sells horse stuff and it comes in pretty crazy colors,it also makes great instant ace bandage for people

T

THE PABLOS

Highlighter....nothing wrong with those bands...Xene...I used to be in love with that girl...I saw John Doe not too long ago....That DK 45 is sick....love the nuggets too. What a funny ass song...the 1st time I heard the very 1st Kennedy record I totally understood the sarcasm and the genius of Jello's words....musically they were the sped up rockabilly that is so popular now days. Most their stuff scared the shit out of me....some creepy stuff. In God We Trust INC and Frankenchrist come to mind as creepy Kennedy records. I still get chills.

Uncle...I never tried those...talking about the gauze stuff....nope never used it....tape works for the minor stuff.

2-COOH

great Pablos, I was curious on the methods, thanks for the clarifications. I used the nylon cable ties and thread them backwards, they still held and could be undone.

T

THE PABLOS

Killing Joke is a Killing Frost

Killing Joke is a Killing Frost

...A.M. daybreak shows the sure signs of frost...black leaves draped in death.

Killing Joke is created in honor of all the fallen plants that were strangled by the cold last night.

Killing Joke= F1 I-Hop Satellite X F2 Wonder Diesel

I-Hop Satellite= F2 Straw Dog X F1 Blue Satellite 2.2

The I-Hop Satellites are pretty amazing plants. At just 20 daze flower and already getting pollinated. Fast developing plants...means a probable quick finish X. You gotta get on that shit early.

They certainly are extremely vigorous....the above pictures were taken after the pollination and crimping session....so bagged, sprayed down, and crimped to hell. These are also constant work and remind me of the Satellite growth characteristics. They smell already and it is a different aroma than either of the parents. Really nice.

The Wonder Diesel F2 pollen used...was used once before on Joy Division....but it seemed to have a weird chalky texture...not powdery as I like. maybe a little moisture set in. Hope not. This pollination sess was a mess for some reason....Killing Joke seems appropriate. Blame it on the frost. Hopefully the pollen takes.

Crimping the I-Hop lady....she is elegant....I love high performance plants like this one....so much will and style. Holds promise.

Figured I'd give you an idea of what the wall of Haze leaning Purple Bastard Haze F2 look like. The pictures show the three of them taking up a side. They are under a moving 600...no glass...no air cool...a 10 rpm motor drives the light....10 rpm work better for me than 6 rpm because they move faster...which gives the canopy less time to burn.

You can see...there is no room for error...I play this game very tight. When growing these sort of plants...I consider myself an immobile pocket passer....willing to take a hit to deliver the goods. This is an everyday...sometimes twice a day effort to keep these plants happy. No more than 3.5' tall from coco surface to the canopy tops....but in reality they are probably 4-5' tall.

Seriously take up a lot of time and space...I've gone through this many times before....and don't fancy it much. Yes the smoke will be amazing no doubt....but I grow a lot of amazing plants that don't force me to dedicate so much space and time. A smart grower starts looking to other avenues that allow for more effective cultivation. A body must know their limitations (and that of their studio) and work to find better ways of expending their energy. I feel I can express that with conviction. A pocket passer...as he ages....eventually takes more hits than it's worth.

Ulysses

I have a pair of 'chain nose' pliers that I use for a light touch stem crush- chain nose pliers have round jaws... I worked over a Hashberry real good this summer!

Glad you made those Afghan Haze f2s- a classic! Did I ask you what the buzz is like on that stuff??? Did you notice that your seeds are some large and fat (afghan leaners) and the smaller flatter seeds hazy?

Continuing success, my friend...

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
:tiphat:

A smart grower starts looking to other avenues that allow for more effective cultivation. A body must know their limitations (and that of their studio) and work to find better ways of expending their energy. I feel I can express that with conviction. A pocket passer...as he ages....eventually takes more hits than it's worth.

Interesting take on your current set-up with the football analogy. I guess that'd make me a young linebacker getting by on athleticism more than football IQ at the moment. ;)
It took me a few months of growing to realize, relative to those around me irl, that I'm a weed nerd. Reading people's take on here about individual varieties, crosses, grow techniques they use, etc is like research for me, I do it gladly to further my own understanding. Good thing for icmag, cuz my girlfriend has definitely had her fill of my ramblings. :D