What's new

A World On A String

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pretty much the same time frame i'm looking at for the regular strains at the job...plus the riding weather gets much better...so far no really violent thunderstorms here in town,i know the farm gets whacked,but it's in an odd spot for weather,gap in the mountains,long down slope...and worse of all,the town is basically a trailer park...and god hates trailer parks weather wise

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Days of rain. For the next week. We are officially getting soaked. Not much I can do outside. The mountains are…in their…slippery…muddy…aspects. The temps are in the low 60s. Hunker down time.

The dirt road down to the ranch is 4wd only now. Not even worth fucking up the road…so I’m just leaving it alone. Garden should be good.

75A41EB7-ADDD-4B82-BFFD-2EC398D2036D.png

^ Current radar

94210B93-70B4-4D75-8514-D72BD4B94785.jpeg

^ Rain jacket on…harvested some of my neighbors apples…wife and I are going to bake a pie.

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
looks like we got around 2 inches here in town with more coming...first year in a while we've hit our average yearly rainfall...
As I’ve never had a garden with so much rain…I’m going along for the ride. I’m guessing I’ll have 3” of new growth spurt…on some of those girls…before I see them again.

Glad I busted my ass…and spent the time I did…getting the current growth caught up and tied in.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the boss doesn't want bamboo stakes in the grow but i think this rain will soften his stance on that...i get it,what with the eye poking potential,but it is the simplest and cheapest method of holding up the plants...next week weather permitting a big chunk of the remaining autos will get chopped and the remaining plants will get consolidated down to a couple rows so we can take out part of the drip lines...so finally no more hand watering,although the crew does most of that so my job has gotten to be more like what it will be in the future...lots of paperwork...

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Bamboo is dangerous. Came close to taking an eye out…not paying attention enough…indoors. I used to put duct tape over the ends sticking up..out of the plants. Corks would work.

Don’t envy your upcoming paperwork…but it sounds like you have a solid contract.

Wife and I had a smoothie and a pre roll at the Buffalo Bud the other day. You can order food infused (or not) and smoke their products (their bud menu is small at this time) on the premises in a restaurant setting.

Think they grow their own…but I have not seen their farm.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
take out the low level paranoia and growing pot is almost boring...that said,it will be nice to have a routine,fairly easy physically job to ease towards retirement...this outdoor-ish grow has been quite demanding at the start with getting back into condition myself,and dealing with the heat and being outdoors all day,struggling with keeping everything alive,and always being 2-3 weeks late with infrastructure and pest control supplies and the like. so once the grow is finally finished and we're cooking along i will be doing what i was actually hired to do which will be mostly data gathering...
from what i've gathered,the shops here have almost no stock,the pre-rolls are trim,so once we have enough stock and it's passed testing having all bud pre-rolls will be a leg up for us,and the full season plants we may be able to sell as bud rather than grinding the whole lot up for joints...from what i hear some large local ops have failed testing on their crops,and many of them are a total mess...mites and pm,nothing in biotrack,literally gassing whole crops with pesticides and using some sort of gamma treatments to kill mold....pretty shady stuff...at least this operation is legit...actual bank accounts,regular payroll,everything on the up and up...in the long run our competition will kneecap themselves...

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
It’ll be an interesting next few years. Watching how this new industry takes root.

To me…seems more chill than the way it took hold in California.

But I have no clue how all the testing etc works.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the actual product gets the standard test,thc content,terp profile,yaddah yaddah...but also tested for bugs,mold,pesticide residue...all that...we also have another company that certifies green clean status,i.e. they check our facility for anything like mold,pm, chemical residue...all sorts of stuff...plus checking plant tissue for nute usage,brix levels,disease,anything funky like viruses,pm,mold,etc...the second company came out to test the outdoor stuff,so they paid $$$ to have them tell us what i already knew,nutes are pretty dialed in,just a bit low on copper and boron of all things...we're using a new "pro" nute program from advanced nutrients and will be sending data back to them...the op is big enough companies are soliciting us with free stuff to try out....bio-char coco,nutes,all sorts of stuff...

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
The Gila River surpassed its banks today. Rained most of yesterday…and some in the night.

My Gardening Self says that’s it. No more please. All my other Selfs want the rain to keep coming. And it’s predicted to.

E85D4C1F-4006-4F82-A8B5-1E2C06B4A4B8.jpeg
D0211E0F-989B-4A80-8883-39A2D5CFBC85.jpeg
9A60E555-149B-4601-8261-05E8C35EB088.jpeg
A01DB30B-2C70-40E4-AE7F-C677FE630D21.jpeg

E6CC5639-EE9A-4C23-B186-29948C9C4E45.jpeg

^ Sisters 9 and 11 of the West Island are suffering some water logging. They are in the lowest corner of the garden…do not get the best sun…and are not the biggest or most aggressive of the sisters.

Nothing I can do for them. They must endure this weather…and be able to fly into September dry

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
The old Iron Bridge over the Gila River…swollen from days and days of rain. The river has not seen…this much volume..flow rate…since the 1940s. This river has no dam…until it gets into Arizona.

16654D33-D643-40C9-94BB-E36FEC43373D.jpeg
A97EA010-0415-4E62-B753-36885B5FDA32.jpeg
B905FB3B-CCAC-4994-A359-918C925BE09E.jpeg
FD88E5E0-3B78-42C4-91C1-ABC0BDAAEE8C.jpeg
B4070C07-67FD-4BF0-B33A-61A01520E01F.jpeg
EA6C9339-534D-45B9-A375-435B9059C2BC.jpeg

And into a cloudburst on the way back into town

266402D2-958C-4E3E-98F0-887C048B976F.jpeg

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Working to keep up. Had the wife with me…in the morning…to check the trail cams on the lap top..and help me raise up the side chicken wire caging…so that the caging…is now…above the screens to protect the sisters from Mule deer. Not that the deer have been a problem to this point (they are well fed by all the green forest growth) but just to be cautious.

DCCA1A17-EE81-4D84-AF3F-1F7D517037A4.jpeg

^ Still able to use a pop up hole…and I am attempting to keep this one open…but if I can’t…no biggie

9BC8486F-C1A8-41BF-B122-648D3B4BDC96.jpeg

^ Wrecking a pricey pair of outdoor pants…and the standard…gardening Vans.

113676CC-416E-4B99-BF82-FFBA1AB3C79D.jpeg

^ I dropped the wife off at the house…had some lunch…then back to the ranch…to…work on tying plants down for a..couple more…hours. Still didn’t catch it up. Driving back home (1/2 hour ago) right into a cloudburst. Steady rain falling…as I type this out.

B776063C-94AA-4B37-A53C-8B66C467925A.jpeg

The Will to Survive (The Grind) outta the compost can

6ADD9DD1-6160-4BE2-85E0-14648BC551FA.jpeg

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Rained for several hours last evening…and a chance late…this afternoon. It’s warming up again…10-15 mph east winds…broken sun all day. Didn’t get down here (the ranch) until this afternoon. Little wiring done…general welfare check.

57D07649-4C08-4F88-BDDF-E6ADE1EE53E7.jpeg

^ Current view. Eating apples, smoking a bit, doing push ups, and monitoring.

544C1CA0-E9F7-4B7A-AC72-E0AE6DDA51B2.jpeg

^ Some old fella…Vietnam era Marine Corps Vet chatted me up…as I was leaving the trailhead parking lot…gave me this god paper. I find them stuck in tree bark crevices along the CDT…saw one today…so now I can put a face to the god word spreading. Invited me to have coffee at his house…along with his wife. God, Corps, Country type obviously. I like coffee….but you know…the crazy talk…I’d have to be in the mood.

87560CA1-E086-4E83-A731-0BAB17291082.jpeg

^ Harvested more apples for pie. There’s a rule I have for myself. It is : if one eat pie one must run

9A1BB190-DE79-4859-8E36-3868D185991B.jpeg

^ Trails were wet….running like creeks in places. Rocks and debris moved all over. Great conditions for me. My power was on. Grinder.

Last edited: