What's new

A World On A String

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
That mox mox looks to die for man. Holy shit. What's it taste like? Gotta see some jar nugs when alls said and done

Madjag

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My bet= Pabs is fine, probably just running around in the desert and prepping his veggies

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Progressions?...Forays into the Blender

Progressions?...Forays into the Blender

I do not believe I can connect the dots for you. Mostly..I'd say..I've lost much of my interest in the cyber world and documenting my gardens. Last time I was on here...it seemed like a complete waste of time. I don't live through my online persona..don't live through a keyboard and computer screen. Too much escapism on here. I swear some people must not do anything besides blogging nonsense...insecticide.

or maybe it's me. I find though...that I enjoy less and less personalities.

Took almost 2 months off of ingesting any form of cannabis..and found that when I returned to the herb that..my tolerance was right back where it had been...and I still really enjoyed being high..and that I couldn't tell a difference in my lungs (probably because I..almost..strictly vaporize)...or in my thought processes. I'm permanently high in some regards...I guess.

Revelations: I bought a Vitamix blender about the time I dropped off the radar here. Since then...I've been concentrating on growing greens (swiss chards, collards, spinaches, kales, and beet greens) all over my property. I pretty much have been living on a liquid/blended diet since then...eating some solid foods every day..but at a ratio of 3:1 to in favor of blended nutrients

cacao powder/nibs, maca powder, homegrown peppermint, homegrown spearmint, homegrown and store bought greens and veggies, chamomile, organic bananas, avocados, brown rice, quinoa, ginger root, cannabis leaves, blueberries, peaches, pears, apples, blackberries etc etc....all find their way into my blender. The blender rarely sits without anything in it. dedicated to plants and vegan(ism)...clean burning

Training?...yes. I've been testing my diet on the trails. It's pretty amazing actually. I signed on for pacing a runner during the San Diego 100 Ultra (June 7th-8th). The race course is essentially where I train all the time..and through pacing I make no commitments to racing...but get to experience the formality...seeing if..possibly.. racing ultra marathons is something I'd want to dedicate my time to. I'm training like an animal. Running like a beast.

I've now a vision (will come true) that I will be running in the Himalaya Mnt range. I have a serious desire to run in those mountains...constantly influenced by this vision. I know now that it's something I must do. I have a vision of running the hills and collecting seed from where Sativa meets Indica. The beans you know? Beans are a vision in themselves.

Cannabis gardening?...yes. Not in the same way however. I'm close to finishing off the last of the Thrill Kill run....yet..I've already transitioned the garden over to running little else than the Queen Mox Clone.

^ If I don't always have...branches of Q. Mox hanging around...at various ages of harvests...something is wrong. She's absolutely...my brand...rendering my interest in other lines/expressions...crippled. She's all I want to ingest. She's all that I want to grow and work with. She...as my experiments continue..is like finding a vault of genetics and secrets. I'm learning more about her through different harvest times (the above flowers were taken this morning at 59 days. I'll continue to harvest off the same plant until just over 70 days...what's the difference?...so far I've concluded: Not Much)...and different light cycles (I'm running 11/13 currently instead of 12/12)

so....Queen Mox is an F1 Mox Mox...came from beans I made in 2008. These years later...and nothing I've found suits me better. I've had her for over a year now...and she's treasured so much...I don't think I'll ever quit her. She's like my kid.

Mox Mox = Chem DD (Deliah) X TFlux

TFlux = Original Flo X Chem DD

* She has a lot more Flo influence in her than I originally thought. Bringing the light cycle to 11 hrs on 13 hrs off...appears to draw the Flo out of her. I'm comfortable harvesting her in her late 50's..as well as...her early 70's. She's amazing either way. For sure can see her changing as I continue running the clone...Blue attributes are now showing through more aggressively (did I say aggressive concerning a Blue?)...and I can feel her power love.

** I'll be up in Hollywood this weekend...going to see A Perfect Circle and Puscifer at the Greek Theater. If anyone is up that way...wants to smoke some Mox..let me know...come to the show. Saw Tool back in March....fuck man...Danny Carey is a fucking beast

what up what up

EDIT: Recent books of influence

Run or Die by Killian Jornet

Finding Ultra by Rich Roll

Eat & Run by Scott Jurek

The Serpent and the Rainbow by Wade Davis

Thrive by Brendan Brazier

* Pihkal (a chemical love story) by Alex and Ann Shulgin

I'm reading this now. His lab and my garden are run in a rather similar fashion. I'm surprised this book had gotten past me all these years.

Last edited:

Madjag

Veteran
Been hanging out in my garden(s) mostly.....getting ready to harvest 200+ garlic.

Started my first book recently, just the draft and table of contents. Now the lengthy part - to fill in the empty spaces. Glad you're finding your new pace.

Peace,
MJ

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Been hanging out in my garden(s) mostly.....getting ready to harvest 200+ garlic.

Started my first book recently, just the draft and table of contents. Now the lengthy part - to fill in the empty spaces. Glad you're finding your new pace.

Peace,
MJ

I probably have about the same amount of Garlic going (as you do)..but got a late start (3 wks behind in my planting last fall) so not near harvest yet. I'm looking at July in most cases.

Cold frame is going well...pretty much rolling along. I'm on schedule. The wife ordered all the seed this year...but like I said..concentrating on growing a lot of greens.

I have a really ill feeling about this summer though. I'm doing some upgrades on the property...but with drought conditions and fires already starting...I'm wondering if I'm wasting time and money. We are due here....this place hasn't burned over since 1970. It's not a nervous feeling. It's a very cautious feeling. My home sits within a saddle...the saddle is full of mature brush above..and funnels an east wind (like the Santa Ana we just had last week..rare for this time of year) straight down on the property. I'm no fool...my gut is no fool. Not much I can do. Watch and wait.

Good luck on the book. I toy with short stories...but my words mostly seem to have been already said by someone else...some other time

Last edited:

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Great update dude, my veggie garden is in full swing. I've been eating a lot of asparagus and greens.

Keep us updated about the ultra. That sounds really cool

Madjag

Veteran
I know you know fire, so my thought is that you are feeling the future. I'd say it would be good for you to stash any one-of-kind photos or valuables elsewhere, like a safety deposit box or in San D at a friend's. Other option is to drop $400+ on a real fire-proof safe that is big enough for your needs.

Since most of my photos taken in the last 10 years are digital, I bought a $30 piece of hardware that sits on my desktop and holds a spare 500 gb hard drive that I took out of my last refurbed computer. I keep the drive in a 1 hour old-school quality fire-proof safe and periodically take it out and update it with my writings and photos.

Not paranoid, but unlike my 100's of photos of my daughters growing up and my early AZ adventures that are in printed photograph form and could burn easily because they are physical and take up too much room to go into the safe, the digital shots can last long enough for my kids and grandkids to enjoy.

I know what you mean about words already being written by others. If I could write fiction I think that it could easily be so and the fictionalized story could end up being like so many "formula" books or movies out there. Still, non-fiction is my style and perhaps someone will enjoy my tales.

Your writing style is so personal and pleasantly all your own, you should keep writing and accumulating your short stories. One day you'll have a long story to tell.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whats up everyone, back from my little break, I for one am glad this thread is still up and running (haha accidental pun, lol)

jericho, gotta love the large harvest window that the chem DD genetics affords... I recently got a juicer and began juicing cannabis leaves also its pretty neat...

enjoy the concert man.

speaking of fire, I wish we could all just build our houses out of hempcrete... stronger and lighter than regular concrete more energy efficient than wood and sheet rock, doesn't rot mold nor is it susceptible to termites, it continues to sequester C02 over its life span turning into limestone and can last for thousands of years... oh yeah and its FIREPROOF!
so lets go cut down some forrest to build homes guys SMH

if you guys haven't already I suggest you youtube hempcrete, super fascinating stuff

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey,where did you find shulgins book? thats at least somewhat obscure...interesting what hes doing,poking at the frontiers of neurochemistry like any other old guy tinkering in his workshop...

also interesting that you are looking at ultra endurance,seems a logical conclusion all things considered...im thinking the same thing within my paradigm...have my quiver of bikes pretty complete now,theres really very few places i couldnt get to now,barring my skill level off road preventing me from cleanly riding a more technical section,but im getting there...at this point its mostly mental,of knowing im going to clear a section or climb,and not pussing out or bailing...while still keeping in mind im generally in the middle of nowhere and theres no back up if i get too injured to ride,no car and all that...
experience,i have only been back at mountain biking for like 6 months,im not expecting to start racing or anything (actually i will be entering the local race this year,i already know i can come close to a winning time after 4-5 laps on the course,and do it on a fat bike) im really getting into pushing my range out farther and farther,doing 50-60 miles on dirt is just plain grueling work with a 30 lb load on the bike....but nothing like blowing the seals off your legs every once and a while,just turning yourself inside out on miles long climbs...good fun...
just got a single speed mountain bike....talk about different,so simple,so stark,so utterly brutal at times,really points out the flaws in your technique...

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
You coming back is the only good new I have had for days man.
Fucking garbage bad luck is on me I cant do anything normal, without bad stuff going on my way.

Welcome back :comfort:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Blonde

Blonde

When I stopped posting..back in January...I was working my way through the Thrill Kill run..was doing a bit of breeding with pollens from 2 males..well

let me just clear that passage right now..so as not to..leave too much of a blank in the previous gardening months. It will be but a..skimming...of those sessions..and that would be an accurate way of covering the run

* The Thrill kill run consisted of:

C99BX IX1

Killer Chemdog IX1

Killer Chemdog IX2

.....all the seeds were mixed at the shot glass stage of the game..therefore..no way of knowing exactly what be what who be who...that whole process of not knowing shit other than..the basic ingredients. Right? right.

I found all kinds of different expressions (a couple of them repeated themselves in a redundant way)....ranging from foxtail(ing) airy sativa dominants to blunt walls of 50 cent piece-sized budded stalky expressions

aromas were cat piss, grapefruit, tropical...and all funks in between (expression dependent)

OK...enough...I'll cut through this bullshit now

I wasn't that into most of the expressions...even though the herb itself...is a pretty good quality overall. I didn't enjoy growing them so much...losing most of my motivation to keep breeding them through the run. There being only 2 which ever did get...hit with pollen. on that note:

** I had planned to dust the Queen Mox Clone with these pollens and had it all lined up to do...and this should be a good indicator to how un-into-it I was: I passed up on making this cross...not feeling to the point where I was...feeling...it was too much a cluster fuck of genetics to not be a hack job on my part (if I did pollinate) SAYING my queen is no trashy whore..some pollens are beneath her

yeah ok guy

Positively speaking> I can do that. The vapor is nice and most the expressions are done around 50 days flower...super fast...good..get the fuck out of my way

^ Here's an example of a couple of the expressions. Both these plants are recently harvested repeat expressions (I had these expression earlier in the run as well)...I think both repeated themselves 3Xs...both finished at 50 days (could have been picked 5 days before that..if you wanted to know)

^ In this picture..the flowers are from the same plant...and the blonde hash was made yesterday..coming from trim of some of the Thrill Kill run (still more trim left..but I'm waiting on 2 more TK's to finish so I can combine it)....nothing wrong here though..the hash should be pretty good. Dries fast around these parts,,,wife tried a sample this morning..melty fruity flavor..but what does she know? She likes all my stuff..that's what wives do sometimes..if you are fortunate.

*** I had taken flowering clones off several of the Thrill Kill expressions...had them revegging..but one day..I went on a necessary killing rampage. Such an elitist I am...I killed everyone of those things. I have none...and no more interest in working in this direction

sometimes it takes the less desirable to kick me in the ass...and get real...hence thence whence...I decided...fuck I just want to keep growing the Queen Mox Clone

that's what Thrill Kill means to me

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
hey,where did you find shulgins book? thats at least somewhat obscure...interesting what hes doing,poking at the frontiers of neurochemistry like any other old guy tinkering in his workshop...

also interesting that you are looking at ultra endurance,seems a logical conclusion all things considered...im thinking the same thing within my paradigm...have my quiver of bikes pretty complete now,theres really very few places i couldnt get to now,barring my skill level off road preventing me from cleanly riding a more technical section,but im getting there...at this point its mostly mental,of knowing im going to clear a section or climb,and not pussing out or bailing...while still keeping in mind im generally in the middle of nowhere and theres no back up if i get too injured to ride,no car and all that...
experience,i have only been back at mountain biking for like 6 months,im not expecting to start racing or anything (actually i will be entering the local race this year,i already know i can come close to a winning time after 4-5 laps on the course,and do it on a fat bike) im really getting into pushing my range out farther and farther,doing 50-60 miles on dirt is just plain grueling work with a 30 lb load on the bike....but nothing like blowing the seals off your legs every once and a while,just turning yourself inside out on miles long climbs...good fun...
just got a single speed mountain bike....talk about different,so simple,so stark,so utterly brutal at times,really points out the flaws in your technique...

1st off...let's not bullshit each other on these activities of ours.

Believe me when I say: I'm going through some mind fucking right now...wondering if I take this plunge away from my isolated running...if I'm trying to start feeding my ego

we are competitive people unc....there's no way we are not. After all these years and time spent out there pushing ourselves..it's only natural (this I wanted to question) that we want to be around a scene...and compete against others

It's my ego though...I don't know if I'm near pure enough to let it go. Racing to me is all about ego unfortunately. It is the major reason for isolating myself away from other runners. I mean it bothers me to see racers not racing full out. racing seems like life or death to me..and I'm not sure I can get my head around my own weakness of ego.

I had this discussion...in bed this morning..with my wife. She explained it to me (like Forrest Gump's mom lol)....that I should just be able to chill out...and that I'd meet lots of new and like minded people in the running world. For christ's sakes...I'm only pacing..but my mind is 20 steps ahead...my imagination has written a chapter...such is this disease.

* YouTube has a good documentary on Sasha and Ann...that's how I found out about this book of theirs. The book is still pretty popular (like the bible in a way) in certain circles...think I got it used on Amazon

Sasha is a genius. I like how he believes his drugs have souls..and that you must taste their actual flavor to fully understand them. The book gives the complete recipes...or close enough..that if you are a chemist...ding ding ding

Ann (Alice in the book) annoys the hell out of me in print. Sometimes I think of her as a hanger on to a star...but in her defense..she's been with him for a long long time...and had his best concoctions. Bright woman...but she plays to her brightness a little too far imo. She ain't that smart..and not the designer of the drugs after all

lol..listen to me bag on this lady. It's just that she seems like many a new age woman I've met. Guess that's why she irritates me in the book. But...I'm working my way through her piece

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts