What's new

a wicked pulse

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
love the new manifolds. Did you custom drill each one of those push fittings in, and if so where did you find those fittings?

these thread in. to install i drilled 7/16" holes in a 2' piece of 1.5" schedule 40 pvc pipe then tapped the holes with a 1/4" pipe tap. they are hand threaded into place without teflon tape as they will be immersed anyway so leaks don't matter. the 3/8" od poly tubing is a push fit and will take pressure.

the pipe has a cap on one end and a coupler and a 1.5" slip to 1" pipe reducer to fit the pump output.

this rig should prevent pump pressure from blasting off the latex connectors which i have had happen a few times.

this pump is going to come on like a hammer.

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
still won't lay the new pulse terminals on us eh? :)

(nice tan)

ok, but it needs some explanation, of course.

i will use this in conjunction with a layer of pea gravel which acts as a diffuser as well as a mulch layer.

i have already grown a couple of plants like this to prove it.

what you are looking at is a standard 1" pvc coupler with a 3/8" hole and a piece of latex tubing stuck over the end on the inside.

the coupler is adjustable on the end of the tubing but will not come out. you know how difficult the latex is to get off once it dries.

in my experiment the medium anywhere at the top under the gravel layer was uniformly wet so it disperses well.

no roots grew into the gravel but grew thickly right up to it.

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
here's the last canopy shot of this group before transplant tomorrow. contrast this photo to the one taken on the tenth. 8 days. the seeds were started on 5-17 so we are at 9 weeks under the flo's.

from left to right is "the dope", chemdawg g-13, sour 13, "good dog", cinderella 99, and bubba og.

disciple, i will be back in the morning! tired right now. a big bowl of sour 13 and it's bedtime for bonzo.

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Glad you started a new thread as I could never remember where I left off in the old thread as I started reading well after it was started.

bad gas

Hello everyone.

delta9nxs: My training concept is to attach the main stem and branches to the front of the screen and train anything shading budsites to the rear and tie them together with pipe cleaners so that the rear branches are at least partially mutually supportive. Add rear screen if needed.

Due to high ambient temps, I'm not in any hurry to flower these plants. We'll have time to assess this training technique. I know my plants will get too big and be a jungle, but I don't really care. This crop is for what I can learn and dial in my environment correctly.

I'll have them on the screens by Sunday afternoon. I feel like a mad scientist in my laboratory.

stay safe. bg

D

DHF

Delta9nxs,

no need to respond!! (I'll figure out my situation and do ok :) )

I just wanted to post this message:

Thank you very much for taking the time to do it right and then post to share it with us. Not only are your ideas brilliant, but your execution is flawless. I am in awe of your room and your work in general.

You're one of a kind and stand alone as do the other innovators such as Heath, Lucas, Krusty/Bob Barker and the whole RDWC camp

(your work has had the most impact on me)

the new pulse terminal is brilliant... and the pea gravel (!!!).... looks like you've found a way to achieve a disc of water several inches thick plunging down thru your root zone. So simple. So effective. So cool.

I just harvested a PPK. Thick, white root mat with strong, crisp white roots all thru the media. A tree grew above. No chiller for res, no aeration. No change-outs. No runoff. Jesus.

This is cutting edge stuff. I think I speak for the other locals here when I say this is a new direction in large plant growing.

hat's off to you man! :tiphat:
Yup....

Ditto....DHF....:ying:.....

Beautiful room and setup you got there. Excellent detail in explaining what you're doing.

TIRE VALVES! Why didn't I think of that?!?!?!

Younglings look healthy I'm sure this house is gonna be blowing up soon.....

Just wanted to say thanks, going to drill some holes in the inner buckets on my ebb & flow and try root pruning, fantastic idea.

Had been looking for 7 gallon buckets but your design is much better.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Hey Delta, glad to see all is well, grow looks great! Hope you pull many many harvey's from that room.

As for me, out of the game for the foreseeable future. Probably joining the Military, but who knows, maybe someday when this shit is completely legal ill start a small farm.

Take care brother, C-99 is a great strain, looks like you have a nice pheno

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
well, thank you all! but please remember that nothing has been grown in this thing yet and it could turn out to be a colossal failure.

i still have not managed to move the plants. i had to solve a little technical problem yesterday.

if you desire equal liquid delivery at the pulse terminals there are two ways to go about it. the ancient way is to make all lines equal in length. this assumes equal line resistance if diameter is the same.

and it works pretty good in most cases. in my other room i was plumbed like this. those familiar with the ppk thread remember all the coiled lines laying all over the room.

in my current situation i could not have lines laying everywhere as they would impede my ability to move the plants on the caddies.

so i cut all lines to length. to fit each run. some are 12 ft, some are 38 ft, and everywhere in between.

i knew i would get a different delivery volume at each position but i was hoping it would not be too great. a few oz's would be acceptable.

you could set it for the smallest volume and the rest would be fine.

but the difference was too large.

i got a quart in 20 seconds on the fastest and and a quart in about 40 seconds on the slowest.

so i had to go to method number two, which is valves.

the same company that sells the manifold fittings also makes quick connect inline valves. watts brand. at lowes and home depot and plumbing distributors.

no problem, right? just run down to lowes and pick 'em up, right?

wrong! the watts racks are stocked by the vendor and they only put eight at a time on the racks. no back up stock in the stores. and, of course, they did not do it ten minutes before you got there and some are missing, maybe most.

i needed 24. so i spent all day yesterday after my test driving over 300 miles in a big circle hitting various lowes and home depots until i got them all. 5 purchases.

plan ahead and order online? have somebody bring them to you? no, we do everything the hard way.

started tuning them last night and got about halfway. since it took 20 sec on the fastest and 40 on the slowest i arbitrarily picked 30 sec for a run time.

started at the closest with a quart jar and adjusted each one to one quart at 30 sec as i moved outwards.

a tedious process as you have to wait for the res to recover from each pulse.

going out in a few minutes to wrap that up and maybe, just maybe, i can move the plants today.

hey, turbohead! long time! good to hear from you and best of luck on your new career!

D

DHF

I feel your pain my buddy.....Had the exact same hurdle to jump once I went with my version of Heath`s angled vertical racks to supply equal flow and pressure to each plantsite with regards to head pressure on the bigass pond pumps , with a bypass back to the main rez to relieve initial pressure and control/ball valves at each level to deliver juice exactly the same at all 64 plantsites up down and all around...........

I loathe the big box stores cuz even if yas check stock on the computer , it`s NEVER on the shelves and that`s why yas hadta go to 5 locations for everything needed......Inventory control is beyond fucked but ordering shit online without a safe addy to ship to compromises health and well being so we do what we must......

Waitin for big things outta yer old head ass D9....Makes me proud to see the next generation of big plants comin to the forefront and done without all the bells and whistles I had ta use for survival and production back in the day........

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

St3ve

Yea sounds like a pain in the butt.

You may have thought of this.. but the way you described for setting your valves is going to make each previous one you've set change as you're going through. So you're going to have to go back and tweak them all.

Like I said, you probably all ready thought of that.. but I just felt better saying it.

Good luck
:peacock:

Delta,
Did you reject that mythical Ole Miss escapee based solely on terpene profile or also due to growth pattern? Have you come to any conclusions about the other prescriptions from your PCP of the "verdant digit"?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
"old head ass" or, "old-ass head", or "old ass-head", or "head, ass, old"

"go back and tweak them all." Lucky Bastard syndrome again! i got them within 1/2 oz on the first pass.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Delta,
Did you reject that mythical Ole Miss escapee based solely on terpene profile or also due to growth pattern? Have you come to any conclusions about the other prescriptions from your PCP of the "verdant digit"?

howdy, i didn't reject it so much as put it on the back burner for a while. it's a hell of a plant and i personally liked it a lot but i'm in a situation where i need more variety.

but i also found "the dope" to be a very potent plant with a subtle floral taste. everybody wants it after trying it once. it has a clear headed, uplifting, energetic high without any anxiety.

the chemdawg g13, and the sour 13 are also big strong plants that i have pulled more than a lb from. unique taste and potent plants.

i have not tried the Good dog, the c-99, or the Bubba og yet.

i have previously grown a lot of dr. greenthumbs plants and have found them to be stable, potent, plants.

all of his plants get big in this device.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
this takes the PPK to a new level of sophistication... for others like me who want to keep coloring with crayons :) ... I've just cut back the number of plants per res and am hanging the coils off the back screen.

sure would be nice to not have all those larger coils next to the units closest to the pump/control res tho....

had (am still having) this experience with tail pipes. Home Depot never seems to stock more than a few at a time.

Hey the PPK system you have setup is really exotic. I love looking at the photos of your room... and the lines running out are so neat and tidy, especially with the new valves to regulate pressure and achieve equal delivery on each site without the excess coils. Since you have the res at one end and (24) sites, there would be a ton of excess line... so I can see the logic in the direction you've taken (plus it's just going to look cooler/cleaner). I really hope you get the pressure dialed!!

peace

yeah, i want this room to be super easy to use. no crap on the floor. everything within reach and set up for reliability and long term industrial type use.

still have not moved the plants but they are going first thing this morning. for sure.

after adjusting the valves i spent the day with everything on and cycling just to watch it work and make certain.

when trying to run the co2 generator with no plants and set to 750 ppm it would not come on as the ambient was around 900 ppm in this tight little room. i think it will be conservative of propane.

the ac's easily keep up with the 6k burn. i ran it at 86f and got 55-60% rh with the pump cycling. the ac's pull a lot of water out of the room.

you are right about having to run the de-huey at night though. lights off, fans running, pumps cycling, and one ac at 76f the rh was 88%.

so you are having trouble with your tailpiece supply, huh? these gigantic stores just can't keep up with your demand? sounds like an assembly line to me!

well, pics of plants in the room later today.