What's new

a wicked pulse

Hey Delta,
Sorry to hear about your C99 biting the dust. I wonder if it had more sativa genes than the other strains and the feed was too rich? If your pheno was anything like this guy had, maybe it was for the best. ( Courtesy of that man who is not a Mrs. and who is not mean's site. )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Hi!
I have already grow and tested C99 F2 (Mosca Negra) and I found she's very similar but "lower for all aspects" than the CTS (Celestial Temple Sativa, Federation seeds or Brasilian seeds company, i don't know, the cutting came from a friend from an other friend with some Wonder Diesel Strawberry Diesel, Master Kush and an unknown sativa, who became "THE unknown sativa", who smell and taste like pear alcohol "poire william's") ,

they both have same pineapple/metal even rusty metal taste, the same effect sativa high but for me the highlifting stops with C99 there where with the CTS it continues to going up,

after 20 or 30 minutes come the paranoia effect (and now i'm like Kenny in Southpark movie refused at heaven's doors falling in free-fall to hell with a song from Metallica!), at the edge of the psychosis which I did not appreciate which I have never met with the other sativas,

you are smoking that and you say yourselves " oh not! They did not dare! This time this breeder went too far, these plants are made for some voodoo rituals or a thing like that! A sensation completely insane and disagreeable as had a bad trip with mushrooms, as like the girl who plays in the Exorcist movie had discovered a passion for the breeding and sometime when his head stop to make some 360° turning, she have to recreate a strain to make Inca sacrifices, a thing like that!

I kept it some for my "museum of strains" quite as the Cindy and I can compare them, and I find that the CTS seem to be the Cindy big sister!
More resin on the CTS, more taste, more effect, better appearance, more evil!

(Maybe I had a bad batch of C99 or a great cuttings of CTS.....?)

(sorry for my "helped-by-online-translator" english!)

G

Guest 142956

Well had to go buy the tire valves ($3. for two needed ten), find a usable float valve that would fit in a 5 gallon bucket ( was forced to go to a hydro shop), drill a bunch of 7/16ths holes, some 1 1/2" holes, cut the centers out of the Loews lids so my media buckets would fit, they are the cheapy 3 gallon buckets you get at the dollar stores. I just cut the hole in the media bucket with the float valve in it off center so the wick wouldn't interfere with the float. Still using the 7/16ths nylon rope instead of a tube of media but it is set up so that would be easily doable. Well with the remaining 14 hours I drank beer and thought about big buds.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Hey Delta,
Sorry to hear about your C99 biting the dust. I wonder if it had more sativa genes than the other strains and the feed was too rich? If your pheno was anything like this guy had, maybe it was for the best. ( Courtesy of that man who is not a Mrs. and who is not mean's site. )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Hi!
I have already grow and tested C99 F2 (Mosca Negra) and I found she's very similar but "lower for all aspects" than the CTS (Celestial Temple Sativa, Federation seeds or Brasilian seeds company, i don't know, the cutting came from a friend from an other friend with some Wonder Diesel Strawberry Diesel, Master Kush and an unknown sativa, who became "THE unknown sativa", who smell and taste like pear alcohol "poire william's") ,

they both have same pineapple/metal even rusty metal taste, the same effect sativa high but for me the highlifting stops with C99 there where with the CTS it continues to going up,

after 20 or 30 minutes come the paranoia effect (and now i'm like Kenny in Southpark movie refused at heaven's doors falling in free-fall to hell with a song from Metallica!), at the edge of the psychosis which I did not appreciate which I have never met with the other sativas,

you are smoking that and you say yourselves " oh not! They did not dare! This time this breeder went too far, these plants are made for some voodoo rituals or a thing like that! A sensation completely insane and disagreeable as had a bad trip with mushrooms, as like the girl who plays in the Exorcist movie had discovered a passion for the breeding and sometime when his head stop to make some 360° turning, she have to recreate a strain to make Inca sacrifices, a thing like that!

I kept it some for my "museum of strains" quite as the Cindy and I can compare them, and I find that the CTS seem to be the Cindy big sister!
More resin on the CTS, more taste, more effect, better appearance, more evil!

(Maybe I had a bad batch of C99 or a great cuttings of CTS.....?)

(sorry for my "helped-by-online-translator" english!)

i don't know what happened really. out of 12 beans i did not get a strong, vigorous plant. they were all grown out partially and then discarded.

i'm an old acid/shroom head and i have never had weed that trippy. i got pretty fucking high on some in the past though.

reactions are very subjective. my wife and i smoke "the dope" in the mornings and she gets A's in school and i read research papers and build shit, take care of plants, whatever. it's a pleasant adjunct to our lives but doesn't make us non-functional. but we have friends that have taken perhaps two hits each and then retreat into the corners sitting in a catatonic state for hours.

i'll probably try the c-99 again some time but i'm really liking these big strong hybrids.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
just joking bill! sometime if you get a chance could we see a pic of that tailpiece/float valve arrangement?

and now, the Wiseass Bastard will attempt to load a few pics.

G

Guest 142956

I live in fear and loathing to learn how to upload pictures. My tailpice design is just more expensive than yours. In fact I bought some of the drain pieces to try on a couple of buckets the other day. Beautiful plants by the way! I have been thinking about doing some 10 gallon Rubbermaid PPK's and growing some trees around a 1000 watt metal halide. 2 I think. I may just have to break down and give em a couple weeks or a month veg time though. On finding a simple float valve, it is just amazing that multiple types are not available just about anywhere! I even use one made for cattle troughs in my tray setup. But then again if I had ordered the 6 float valves I found on the net 3 weeks ago when I though of it I would not have been searching the county for one.

zeke99

Those are big and beautiful.

How wide are those especially tall ones?

Are you concerned about those big ass branches on the front falling too far forward once they start to really put on weight?

What do you have going on the in the middle of the floor, a little bloomer under the light? I've tried that a few times in .75 gallon drainage pots, but didn't have them that far under.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
That looks painful D9. You have a lot of trimming coming.:comfort:

I thought the same exact thing, then I remembered that d9 doesn't trim his plants. If he does end up trimming plants I hope he gets mrs d9 a bonsai hero.
Or "mommas gonna throw ya in the wood shed" as my 70 year old cancer patient would say.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Those are big and beautiful.

How wide are those especially tall ones?

Are you concerned about those big ass branches on the front falling too far forward once they start to really put on weight?

What do you have going on the in the middle of the floor, a little bloomer under the light? I've tried that a few times in .75 gallon drainage pots, but didn't have them that far under.

well, the ass branches have enough mass in the posterior portions to offset the cantilevered anterior mass as it transits the perpendicular plane, thereby positioning the center of gravity within the parameters of safety.

therefore, aliens!

i guess i should explain what i've done here. i have tried repeatedly to get the plants to grow past each other.

this was done by defoliating, thinning, and tying. i would let them grow a while, cut them loose, let them grow, defoliate, thin, and tie back. this was done three times, twice lightly and once severely at the onset of stretch.

in every case as soon as i released them they peeled away from each other.

so i declare this a failure as i thought maybe there was a point where, once they were intertwined sufficiently, they would stay in position. i didn't find it.

during stretch up to now, 24 days, some have been tied back and some are free in an attempt to even out the canopies somewhat.

starting tonight i'll do another heavy round of defoliating, thinning and then tying into their final positions.

i'm putting brackets on the top of the screen frames with wire tied between them to force all the top growth down into the good light.

from the brackets i'll suspend that white nylon plant netting to hold the fronts up.

width varies but some of the bigger ones are crowding the smaller ones. maybe 30" or so.

next time you see them they'll be bound and gagged.

the little plant on the floor is the runt i had left over. i had it in a window in the house and it started flowering about a week before i flipped the lights so i just threw it in there. it's still in the germ container.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I thought the same exact thing, then I remembered that d9 doesn't trim his plants. If he does end up trimming plants I hope he gets mrs d9 a bonsai hero.
Or "mommas gonna throw ya in the wood shed" as my 70 year old cancer patient would say.

oh, we'll trim it alright! i don't know if it will all be done wet or not.

what are the best trim scissors? i've used those fiskars for years but they seem to be losing quality or something. none of them are very good. they don't hold up. a few thousand buds and they shit on you.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
I like bonsai scissors, fiskars are my least favorite.
I use to love fiskars, now I prefer bonsai with out a spring.

As for the bonsai hero that I mentioned earlier....
I was at the growshop the other day and saw one of these. Personally after holding one in real life, I would use hold the trimmer in the top of My hand with my index finger pointing towards the bud. Like holding a gun I suppose. Anyway, when I saw your walls of weed yesterday I instantly thought of one of these....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0FGyngJ2F0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

bobblehead

Veteran
I hold my bonsai hero with the handle pointed up, first 2 finger above holding the handle and 2 below propping the trimmer, with the blades coming out the middle of my fingers like an extension of my hands. It's the shit... Except for more sativa leaning strains cause unless you wanna chop all the foxtails it's just not as precise as micro-tip scissors. Anyway... Just wanted to say that mine saves me hours of work. I still go back and do a second trim, but that's what my market demands. I bet D9 could just call it good after the bonsai hero... Get the replacement scissors and a 12v power converter from ebay.

i'm an old acid/shroom head and i have never had weed that trippy. i got pretty fucking high on some in the past though.

reactions are very subjective. my wife and i smoke "the dope" in the mornings and she gets A's in school and i read research papers and build shit, take care of plants, whatever. it's a pleasant adjunct to our lives but doesn't make us non-functional. but we have friends that have taken perhaps two hits each and then retreat into the corners sitting in a catatonic state for hours.

i'll probably try the c-99 again some time but i'm really liking these big strong hybrids.

The complex interaction of a person's psyche and the make-up of different strains fascinates me. It factored into a career choice over 30 years ago. Weed is like some funky substance where spirit and matter intersect. Strains around the world seem to mirror the dress, art, and temperment of the cultures they grow around (or is it the other way around?)