What's new

a touch of jungle fever !!!!!!

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful garden wally, you've been hard at it mate, very nice selection you have to choose from,,, hmmm decsions decisions, lol
I hope the weather stays good for you,,, good luck!

G

guest123

cheers maffe ..
thanks kayaman hope the luck shines for most of the harvest , although its the 7th day of goood solid rain ,, on and off the last 2 but theres plenty more coming .. just unavoidable in the tropics ....
hey hamstring , yep have been harvesting a bit the past few weeks , it comes on pretty fast with the rain around ..
hey waffle , thanks for dropping by ...
hi smurf , man id love the weather u guys are getting now ...

J

JamesChong

Hey Wally,

Nice to see things are moving along. I bet your working your ass off. After talking to you in chat. It sounded like you and your new helper. Was working hard to trim those buds up. I've always enjoyed following your threads. You never know what your going to post for pictures. Super large pots, Killer Bud pictures, Snakes, Roo's, HOT Women, lol. You get my point,lol.

I was rereading through the thread and wanted to ask you about this fence. How many volts is it and could you give us a little info on the setup. I would think this would be a good setup for those in the states. Keeping out Deer, rabbit, and other aniamls that might kill a crop.
726-10-07_1314.jpg

Thanks for sharing your grow with us. Take care and don't work to hard. Tell those boys to behave, but i'm guessing they are. Since they got a new Boss around these days, ;)
Later,
BG

G

guest123

hehehe , thanks for dropping in uncle billy ..
yea that fence is real handy for keeping critters at bay ,, ohhhh actually i stepped over it once thinking it was off ,, it wasnt , booted me right between the ,, well u know where im goin ,, lol ...
its just 12 volts ,, some can even be run with d size batteries , and yes i can tell u they put out a fair boot ...
most of the batteries are for running the water pump .. they fence unit takes very little ...

J

JamesChong

Hey Wally,

Nice to see you and sorry to hear you got Zapped, lolol. I bet that was a funny site. lolol Sorry, I got zapped by a cow fence once and I know the feeling. I just did a search on google and there are all kinds of those 12 volt units. Not bad pricing either and weather proof. Might have to pick one up and keep the deer away.

Thanks again for sharing the grow with us. How's the trimming coming along?
Take care,
BG

G

guest123

man i hate trimming .. lol ... been harvesting quite a bit out of there lately ,, mostly assisted by rain unfortunately , but the herb it still looking quite ok for it .. the perils of the tropics i guess ....

J

JamesChong

I'm the very same way. I love growing it. I love smoking it, but i FUCKIN hate trimming it. I don't mind a small grow, but larges ones. GOD, do I even hate thinking about it. I don't trust anyone, so you know what that means. About a week or two of full time trimming.

So, your getting all the rain about now? Sorry, to hear the weather is giving you issues. I'm sure you'll be done soon enough.

rexamus616

Veteran
Lookin pretty solid there Wally! You could beat someone up with those buds!!!! hehe.

About them electric fences, you can run them off one car/truck battery & a small solar panel (roughly as wide as the battery, but only an inch thick). Apparently all cost around 200 smackeroos. (battery and solar panel)

I grew up on a farm, and the fence around the bull's paddock was extra strong, especially nearest to the power source..... when i was a youngen, i remeber old man had to rip me off the prick of a thing because it made my hands griponto the wire and i could get away!

And just recently, i was playing guitar (electric) and i got a zap through the strings, and as I swore (it scared the christ outof me) i heard thunder roll.... Needless to say I don't play guitar in thunderstorms anymore.....

(thunderstruck!! haha)

hamstring

Veteran
Wally
Trimming does suck. Time is so compressed when harvesting spending 8-10 hrs a day trying to knock it out and always looking over your shoulder. It’s unnerving because that’s the only time you spend around the patch for long periods of time. Otherwise water and ferts and get the hell out. It will be nice when its dried and done though.

Good luck to ya

G

guest123

JamesChong said:
I'm the very same way. I love growing it. I love smoking it, but i FUCKIN hate trimming it. I don't mind a small grow, but larges ones. GOD, do I even hate thinking about it. I don't trust anyone, so you know what that means. About a week or two of full time trimming.

So, your getting all the rain about now? Sorry, to hear the weather is giving you issues. I'm sure you'll be done soon enough.

hey uncle billy , yea the trimmings the worst part for sure ,, i usually take all the leaf i can when i pick it and its just fresh and green ,, makes the job a little easier anyhow .. and the remaining left to trim is worthy of bubbling normally ...

G

guest123

hey wafflehouse , thanks for dropping in mate ..
rex , yep i think ill dedicate a small solar panel for the fence , doesnt take much to run them really as long as they arent leaking ....

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely outdoor garden wally! :smile:

Congrats for the excellent harvest! Keep up the good work! :respect: dubi

G

guest123

hamstring said:
Wally
Trimming does suck. Time is so compressed when harvesting spending 8-10 hrs a day trying to knock it out and always looking over your shoulder. It’s unnerving because that’s the only time you spend around the patch for long periods of time. Otherwise water and ferts and get the hell out. It will be nice when its dried and done though.

Good luck to ya

its pretty comfy out at the patch actually hamstring ,, ideally id trim all the herb there , theres not much chance of anyone dropping by out there ... yea i agree nice when once finished ,,, just the darned rain is really spoiling play at the moment ..
when i went to visit a few days ago everything was fine ,, it began to rain when i arrived ,, and after around 3 hrs of non stop rain ,, things were not so fine ... plants that had been standing proud just hours before were practically laying on the ground ..

i really hate growing this time of year ,, one day can spoil 4 months work ..

G

guest123

hey real supreme , thanks for coming along to say hey mate ...

ahoy dubi , thanks mate , really hoping for better sooner though here ,, kinda got the next lot mostly planned already ,, hehehe ,, gotta be better organised next time , this run has been a bit disappointing really ..
i think when u are saying to yourself "im so sick of the site of weed" , then u are about half way through a good crop , hehehehe ...

hanfiking

Does it really matter how deadly a snake is? 1x or 20x yer only get f####d once.
But it's all worth it with a plantation like that. just be careful! lots of good varieties in there wouldn't want to see them go to waste.

G

guest123

hamstring said:
Wally
You must be sitting back smoking a big one by now. Hope all went well. :rasta:
actually i am hamstring ...
though the harvest hasnt been easy this time ...
we have had heaps of rain , up to several hundred mm on some days .. not kind on maturing cannabis as we all know ...
i managed to get some major bits out before the rain ,, but we have lost a little and had to pick some immature rather than loose it to mould ...
i think its time to look toward the next season and try and forget about this one ,, hahahahha
heres a pic from before ,, this sativa was a lovely smoke ...