What's new

a too big closet tree - the tree hugger

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Awesome freaking show Foaf!

I've been lurking since ya started it, and you sure came through! Over 3.5 pounds - holy shit that's impressive!

great shot with the chainsaw BTW :D

Snot Poker

foaf, MIGHTY FINE GROW THERE!

For those of us just learning maybe you could posts a few pixs of how you made your cool tubes, also do you have CFL AND HPS in there?
I'm also looking forward to the oil thread, looks like quite a contraption ya got thar.

How many other grower get to use a CHAINSAW to trim with!!!
GROW WELL
Snot Poker

Hey foaf you done good. Haha thats an oz a week every week for a year with a lil extra to spare around the holidays and b-days. Weeeeeee. Not shit talkin or nothin, but all that would fit in 2 turkey bags or 3-4 oven bags. That shit is much more stink proof when you do it right in my opinion. Do what works for you of course. How long were you trimmin' for?

foaf

Veteran
thanks everyone -

Yes, I feel both success and failure. Success because I grew a big tree of tastey pot in a small space. Failure because growing is so much fun, and now I dont need to grow for a long time since this is all for personal/gifts. But, Ill get to do some experimenting with my hash oil making system, that should keep me busy for a while.

ciao

SpoCannabis

Absolutely amazing!! I am looking forward to a thread on how you constructed your area, and also about your oil!! Nice work buddy - k+!!!

Tarbosh

Simply Breathtaking!!!! Maybe you could give a little insight as to how you got her to grow so fast! and how much actual smoke vs. leaf/plant matter for oil? and I would most like to know how do you approach your trimming sitiation when your going for such large plants?

What a beautiful site that is!!! Well done job Foaf well done!!

Hey have a question for you..................................need someone to smoke with..

LOL

G

Holy shit foaf that is an amazing tree! You'll be swiming in oil it sounds like too.

foaf

Veteran
For those of us just learning maybe you could posts a few pixs of how you made your cool tubes, also do you have CFL AND HPS in there?

the cooltubes are made with 6" lexan, but acrylic works too. there are several sites on the internet to get it. I found it at a salvage place, and in fact, finding it is what gave me the idea. I initially was going to build some type of square tube with plexiglas and wood, but this was maybe easier. the fittings are standard 6" drain pipe, the clear pipe fits loosly so you stuff something in the gap like a spline, clothesline cord or something, then tape. I bought bare mogul bases and used mogul base cfls. some are 95 some are 105 some are 120. The 120s burned some of the buds that were up against them just a little, so Id stick to 95s in the future. Ive got a hps above but the cool tubes are all cfl. I wouldnt trust plastic tubes to hid lighting.

Maybe you could give a little insight as to how you got her to grow so fast! and how much actual smoke vs. leaf/plant matter for oil? and I would most like to know how do you approach your trimming sitiation when your going for such large plants?

all those things you already know, just pushed to the limit.
lots of light - 2400 watts, but at first I just ran 1200
lots of air in the bucket - 50 lpm with a big koi bubbler disk
co2 with meter - 800 ppm till mid bloom then 1500ppm
cool res temps - chiller kept at 68
standard nutes - gh flora nova
high humidity with afogger untill buds got somewhat dense, then very low humidity to avoid bud rot. high humidity in veg and early flower is a commonly overlooked point and is important.

trimming - this plant was easy to trim. very little leaf material relative to bud. I got 3l10oz of fully trimmed bud, and an unreported 3 or 4 ounces of crapola and popcorn buds that I stripped off of the lowest smallest branches, still no fan leaves kept, and Ill use that for oil, and some of the trimmed bud also for oil. It took me 2 weeks to fully trim, but I would just pick the most mature buds and go from there. they matured as I went and I dont think any of it was overripe.

need someone to smoke with..

always. next time your in Amsterdam drop in, or I travel home to deep south US a couple of times a year :) Thats one reason I make oil, its easy to mail home (gotta cross to Germany to mail, they watch mail from here close) to a safe addy Ive got so I can give to friends and family. Katrina victims all lost their connections and are badly in need of a fix.

brooklyn

I bought bare mogul bases and used mogul base cfls. some are 95 some are 105 some are 120. can u explain this to me?? i'm not electrically fineseful, whats holding the sockets steady in the tubes??? peace and thanks!!!

foaf

Veteran
figured someone would ask :joint:

well, heres a diagram. Im sure that there are a bunch of ways to rig it, but this was pretty easy. mogul base is a standard size socket, its the size that HID lights are, and some of the big cfl come mogul, some come standard which I think is called midsize. since the lamp is heavy and cantilevers on the base, the larger mogul base size is needed with this particular setup.

brooklyn

peace foaf, nice diagram, makes the layout go alot easier, what kind of fan are u using to move the heat thru the tubes? r u also staggering between blue and red lights in the tubes???

foaf

Veteran
I have two panasonic 110 cfm bathroom fans, one supply and one exhaust. they are expensive but they are very quiet and reliable. with the full 2400 watts running, and with a room temp of 90, the duct air temp just past the 1000 watter is 125 degrees. You probably shouldnt go above 140 for air going through a fan. Its all metal duct at that point. the air temp in the lexan portion is about 100 at most.

I did stagger the 6500k and the 2700k lamps.

Latest posts

Latest posts