What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Clone? Clone? Did someone say clone?
I have more Malawi clones than I know what to do with!
This is a fantastic plant all the way around.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Here’s the New Killer Malawi S1 finishing up

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I’ve got to get a scope on her, but I’m not sure if there’s much amber yet.

picture.php

Still has a tinge of citrus along with wood and oil can.

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Decided to chop her. Trichomes mainly deep cloudy with just a few amber on certain flowers. Seems a good point to take her. Some flowers were browning out.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
How are the pistils color % red?

Well over 90% and some of them very deep red almost auburn brown. Nice to see you, Tangwena. I’m about to head to your cob thread and review. I’m going to try my first Tang style cobs with this Malawi S1. Cob. Vacuum seal and heat for somewhere between 12 and 48 hours in my dehydrator. Go from there. Hoping to get 2-3 nice cobs.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your New Malawi Killer S1 harvest Ur Humbl Nr8tor :)

Probably not so good yielding like the mother due to being a S1 seed and due to thin stems and too much topping so the plant distributed all the flower potential in smaller flowers.

Nonetheless the strong resins of New Killer are there! ;) Hopefully her potency too. Enjoy!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Congrats on your New Malawi Killer S1 harvest Ur Humbl Nr8tor :)

Probably not so good yielding like the mother due to being a S1 seed and due to thin stems and too much topping so the plant distributed all the flower potential in smaller flowers.

Nonetheless the strong resins of New Killer are there! ;) Hopefully her potency too. Enjoy!

Sincere thanks for giving me the opportunity to run these S1’s. I agree with your assessment on yields. Luckily, I have 4 more S1 seeds, so the next go around, I will perform less topping and see if I can get a larger yield. Still, as I plan to try Tangwena’s cobbling technique...this Malawi seems perfectly suited. And I do expect potency to be quite nice. Beautiful resin on this plant.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Yes, She’s a light yielder, but I’d guess there’s heavier in the remaining seeds.

What is impressing me the most is the beautiful resin and that a quick squeeze of the flower brings a very subtle yet sharp essence of citrus like mandarin. Actually very much like. And then immediately overtaken by the oil, wood, sweat.

I may get two cobs, maybe only one. I have to keep a few choice buds aside for a jar cured comparison.

chusss

Today i had the chance to see and smell 2 malawis with about 5 weeks in bloom stage, and i was really really surprise with the smell of one of them, the smells was hazelnut and sweet, and was exactly the same as this candy bar, anyone else has a malawi with that smell???

Attachments

• descarga (7).jpg
    descarga (7).jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

TP-grower

Realy a interesting tread here.
Today i will start 3pcs of ACE s Malawi,3pcs Hashplant D(=Chem D x 88 G13 HP/=Bodhi) and 3pcs Power Glue(=GG4 xG13HP/ New 420 Guy)
-Can t whait to see how they perform ;)
-I m searching for the old +new Killer Malawi Phenos to make some nice F1 s

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi chuss,

Nutty/cereal terpenes are quite common in Malawi and in non fruity African sativa strains, also earthy, woody aromas and scents. The sweeter Malawis are usually also citric, like the fruity Malawi explained in our Malawi's Breeders Pack.

Best wishes with your 3 Malawis TP-grower ;)

TP-grower

Hola + thank u Dubi ;-)
Today i will buy a cam for some nice pics + a own growreport .
I m a only Reg s & organical(-Terra-Preta-Soil) grower and so i go with 3+3pcs of your Malawi Regular Seeds(thx:for the 2+ Beans!)3 sprouted yesterday fast/-other 3 i start germ yesterday,3+3 of Bodhi s Hashplant D(=Chem D fem x 88G13HP male)F1,2pcs sprouted/1 till now not ,+3pcs New420Guy s Power Glue F1 (=GG4x pre2000 G13HP)-all 3 germ and 3pcs of N420G s Tajikistani HP F3 (=Reefermans Tajikistani ) I put in yesterday.
-can t wait to see how this plants will perform,-especial your Malawis (Old+New Killer Phenos!) and maybe the Tadjikistani-HP too!?
-sorry for my bad english

-Saludos i buenos tardes,- Terry Preta

olday

Veteran
High hopes for this girl

High hopes for this girl

Stretch has been more than reasonable with just topping

Attachments

• 40D7C052-B10B-46AD-8306-BC9C66DE44EB.jpg
    40D7C052-B10B-46AD-8306-BC9C66DE44EB.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 37

HappyHawaii

If available I would love to have a seat and try some of these seeds. I am looking for a real Malawi Gold experience, and then to cross with a couple of indica strains for a great elevated, uplifting, relaxing experience. With the tutilage of Mr. Wizard here, I am excited to see what these produce.

HappyHawaii

IF there's still a seat and seeds available, I say please Sir, may I have a chair, and a bag. I am wanting a true, Malawi Sativa experience, and will be crossing them with some heavy hitters as I enlist Mr. Wizard to assist me in this effort. Excited to see real, old school seeds and strains like this. So much potential.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
If available I would love to have a seat and try some of these seeds. I am looking for a real Malawi Gold experience, and then to cross with a couple of indica strains for a great elevated, uplifting, relaxing experience. With the tutilage of Mr. Wizard here, I am excited to see what these produce.

I’ve got a jar of Ace’s Malawi. Haven’t sampled yet. A little humbled because it’s suppose to be strong. I have an old old pack of Afropips MG. I grew one female a while back and it’s very different. Not sure if Ace Malawi is even in same boat. Good luck.

Thesearch

Hola + thank u Dubi ;-)
Today i will buy a cam for some nice pics + a own growreport .
I m a only Reg s & organical(-Terra-Preta-Soil) grower and so i go with 3+3pcs of your Malawi Regular Seeds(thx:for the 2+ Beans!)3 sprouted yesterday fast/-other 3 i start germ yesterday,3+3 of Bodhi s Hashplant D(=Chem D fem x 88G13HP male)F1,2pcs sprouted/1 till now not ,+3pcs New420Guy s Power Glue F1 (=GG4x pre2000 G13HP)-all 3 germ and 3pcs of N420G s Tajikistani HP F3 (=Reefermans Tajikistani ) I put in yesterday.
-can t wait to see how this plants will perform,-especial your Malawis (Old+New Killer Phenos!) and maybe the Tadjikistani-HP too!?
-sorry for my bad english

-Saludos i buenos tardes,- Terry Preta

that tajikistani hashplant is very nice. when I tried it it had a very nice sweet cheesey taste and a very euphoric laughy vibe high. excited to see how they turn out too, let us know!

spider

Am growing a few of ACE's offerings this year for the first time, starting with the Malawi!. Will add some pics here at some point. :thank you:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great olday! ;) Please, keep us updated with her progress.

Welcome HappyHawaii :) Thanks for your interest in our Malawi!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor, guess your New Malawi Killer S1 must be reaching its recommended curing time to start with the sampling :D

Thanks for your support spider :thank you:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
dubi,

I’ve only smoked a small bowl so far. Woody and a little oily smoke. It is strong. Very much head heavy. I’m sure with a larger toke, it would be narcotic and debilitating. I only got about 3 1/2 oz’s in pure sunshine. I suspect of the remaining 4 seeds, there will be even stronger and better yielding plants.

I just got around to trimming what was in the jars...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php