What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I’m trying to clone my S1 too late in the season. But she’s starting to beautify.

picture.php

Still a bit angry from the 46+C and even today at over 35.

picture.php

I’m thinking this weekend to unleash the frozen F-13 pollen and see what happens.

picture.php

If we are 6 weeks or more away from finish, seems the right time.

picture.php

Oily and woody.

picture.php

I’m feeling this plant overcoming the intense heat and getting ready to explode. Already warning people to keep small farm animals away.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I gave her a small addition of fertilizer but looking at the pictures those curled leaves make me question. Been hot as hades as well. Would love advice before I water again.

OZZ_

Veteran
I gave her a small addition of fertilizer but looking at the pictures those curled leaves make me question. Been hot as hades as well. Would love advice before I water again.

That “taco’ ing” of the leaves looks like heat stress to me rather than nute burn, but wouldn’t mind hearing what others have to say about it ;)

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
That “taco’ ing” of the leaves looks like heat stress to me rather than nute burn, but wouldn’t mind hearing what others have to say about it ;)

Ass fuck hot as it’s been, I suspect the same OZZ but I’d listen to any other thoughts. We’ve gotten as high as 46C and it was almost 41 again today. Quite silly. I only hope we cool down for the prime of flower to make sure this beauty gets her due.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great Ur Humbl Nr8tor, she already showing the Killer flowering traits this strain is well known for ;)

musigny23

2020 grow

2020 grow

Here's a couple pics from today. Malawi from fem seed. I'd say fairly mature for early October. Looking like not much longer to go. A week maybe?

Finally a nice normal clear sky after some days of haze and smoke.

zL6yEnY.jpg
[/IMG]

Kj5HKUc.jpg
[/IMG]

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Here's a couple pics from today. Malawi from fem seed. I'd say fairly mature for early October. Looking like not much longer to go. A week maybe?

Finally a nice normal clear sky after some days of haze and smoke.

View Image]View Image[/URL]

View Image]View Image[/URL]

Looks great musigny.

My S1 today with the Purple Haze x Malawi in back.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Unfortunately the bud worms have exploded since I checked her last about 10 days ago. There’s unfortunately a fair amount of damage. I killed at least a half dozen worms and have to inspect and cut out a lot of the damage. The plant needs another week or two I think, so hopefully she will hold on. I planned to cob a lot of it, so I’m not overly concerned about the aesthetics of the buds...but those buggers have been viscous this year in every grow I’ve seen.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Here’s another shot of this beautiful Malawi specimen. I’m not seeing the huge ovaries purported to go with this strain, but she’s still very nice. Maybe a bit longer?

picture.php

I’ve picked off another 6-10 caterpillars. They certainly like this plant a lot. I’m going to try and give her a few more days at least. I had to harvest a nearly broken top so, I’ll get a quick and easy taste in a week or so.

I have to say, the aroma has a slightly citrus note behind the wood and oil. Somehow like it’s got a little of the sister of the New Killer ‘Malawi-fruity’. Looking at the glands on the tiny bud I chopped, I could have taken the entire plant today but I’m hoping for another window. Glands themselves are small but plentiful. I guess she waits until Tuesday minimum because that’s likely my next visit.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely musingny23 :dance013: Looks like she will be perfect for chop time around this time. Hope you are enjoying there friend!

Lookiing very advanced as well Ur Humbl Nr8tor! Malawi Killer phenos usually inflate the ovaries in final stage of flowering, then it's the right time to harvest in order to get its maximum potency.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Lovely musingny23 :dance013: Looks like she will be perfect for chop time around this time. Hope you are enjoying there friend!

Lookiing very advanced as well Ur Humbl Nr8tor! Malawi Killer phenos usually inflate the ovaries in final stage of flowering, then it's the right time to harvest in order to get its maximum potency.

If the caterpillars don’t beat me to it, I’ll happily let her go a bit longer to see if I get some swelling. I am surprised by the mild citrus notes. They seem to have developed in the last 10 days or so.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
New Malawi Killer P3 mother finishing indoors from clone, grown organically from clone :tiphat:

Attachments

• New Malawi Killer indoor cola finishing.jpg
    New Malawi Killer indoor cola finishing.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 48
  • New Malawi Killer indoor cola finishing2.jpg
    New Malawi Killer indoor cola finishing2.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 47
  • New Malawi Killer indoor cola finishing3.jpg
    New Malawi Killer indoor cola finishing3.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 50
  • New Malawi Killer indoor clone finishing2.jpg
    New Malawi Killer indoor clone finishing2.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 53
  • New Malawi Killer indoor clone finishing.jpg
    New Malawi Killer indoor clone finishing.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 55

b8man

Veteran
I'm really impressed with Malawi! Extremely nice, clear, strong sativa high that lasts forever. Extreme mood lifting qualities from my fave pheno. Wish I'd kept a clone.

Good work all at Ace seeds!

olday

Veteran
New Malawi Killer P3 mother finishing indoors from clone, grown organically from clone :tiphat:

Looking fantastic, I have 4 seedlings from your Reg line just breaking the surface this week. How long did you veg her for?