What's new

A talk about sourcing proper hoses

Roji

what are the advantages to using to using ss hose?
ptfe lining ? or is everyone here running "cryo"?

tried distilling for the first time yestrday. i 2 had ss 1/4in hoses running from my mt-69 and the one from the mt-69 to the liquid valve on rc tank. as soon as i opened the valve i had a massive leak on the rc tank connection .then i could hear the mt-69 hissing too kus it was in a bucket.

switched them over to cheap harbor freight hoses and the leaks stopped. i feel like before everyone switched to ss hoses, people were using yellowjacket and justbetter. are these safe to run or will i corrode the interior to quickly?

also having a problem finding 3/8 jic fittings, really surprised rsd didnt have anything.

You need a gasket of some sort inside the 1/4 connections.

Permacultuure

Veteran
what are the advantages to using to using ss hose?
ptfe lining ? or is everyone here running "cryo"?

tried distilling for the first time yestrday. i 2 had ss 1/4in hoses running from my mt-69 and the one from the mt-69 to the liquid valve on rc tank. as soon as i opened the valve i had a massive leak on the rc tank connection .then i could hear the mt-69 hissing too kus it was in a bucket.

switched them over to cheap harbor freight hoses and the leaks stopped. i feel like before everyone switched to ss hoses, people were using yellowjacket and justbetter. are these safe to run or will i corrode the interior to quickly?

also having a problem finding 3/8 jic fittings, really surprised rsd didnt have anything.

Did you wrench tighten all connections? With YJ and JB rubber hoses finger tight was enough but with the metal JIC and SAE you need to wrench tighten every time, otherwise it'll leak

G.O. Joe

Veteran
This all sounds like it would be so much easier if copper tubing, brass, and some flaring (and maybe swaging) was acceptable.

cauldron

Thanks for the heads up on ProcessHose, roughly half the price than that of my local swaglock, and a couple bucks less than Hose Master on amazon.

Fucking ACME adapter is proving to be the toughest to locate.

i had the same problem for my CPS pump's 1/2" ACME inlet, but i had an extra 1/2" M x 3/8" FPT Swagelok adapter laying around i tried that worked out. here is a decent price for the same fitting on eBay: http://goo.gl/E8hmAB

3/8" NPT and 1/2" ACME (with PTFE tape) are close enough because i'm consistently reading -29.5 inHg.

hobb3s93

Did you wrench tighten all connections? With YJ and JB rubber hoses finger tight was enough but with the metal JIC and SAE you need to wrench tighten every time, otherwise it'll leak

ok ill give that a try . its weird kus the one from my ecogreen tank was good finger tight. YJ and JB arnt ptfe or atleast lined with something like it?

am i wasting my time trying to distill with my recovery at 1/4in? , thinking i should just wait to get the 3/8 but at the same time trying to get the ball rolling on my investment hahaah

hobb3s93

I found a 3/8 JIC (6) to 1/4 JIC flare to flare adapter, but only in carbon steel, not stainless.
This would let you go from your 3/8 JIC hose to a 1/4 JIC hose to an SAE fitting on your pump / drier, but I am not sure if carbon steel is good to go

im going through the same shit man. been to rsd, not to mention lowes and home depot. cant even find it on amazon
really wishn terpp sold it hoses by them selves kus im at the point of paying 90 bucks for one sae 3/8 hose rather than keep looking for the two fittings i need. didnt see ss 3/8 sae on amazon either

Pangea

Veteran
i had the same problem for my CPS pump's 1/2" ACME inlet, but i had an extra 1/2" M x 3/8" FPT Swagelok adapter laying around i tried that worked out. here is a decent price for the same fitting on eBay: http://goo.gl/E8hmAB

3/8" NPT and 1/2" ACME (with PTFE tape) are close enough because i'm consistently reading -29.5 inHg.

Sounds sketchy, but if it works it works. Thanks for the tip:tiphat:

What CPS pump are you using that has 1/2 ACME? The TR21 needs to adapt the opposite way, 3/8"M flare x 1/2 FNPT, tough to find in SS as well.

Dab Strudel

4CM6-316 is this what we can use along with a double sided female 3/8 npt adapter to go from 3/8 hose to 1/4 in filter drier?

edwok

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been answerered. But it is literally the last thing I need in order to complete my assembly of an MK3.

What do I use to hook up my vacuum pump's 1/2" ACME x 1/4" MFL inlet fitting into my 3/8 JIC Female Hose? I can't find ACME fittings anywhere. If someone can provide a link I'd be forever grateful.

Latest posts

Latest posts