What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A question for the growers using Jacks 5-12-26

p0opstlnksal0t

I add .5 ec of si and .5ec of fulvic to my Jacks mix I don't notice anything coming out of the nute suspension. I do keep a recirculation pump running 24-7 in the 275g tote though

Hookah79

Iam currently giving the girls 400 ppms of jacks and 300 ppms of calnit in 150 ppm tap water.I usually taper off week 6 for calnit.I am thinking to stop calnit at week 4 but to increase jacks by 50-100 ppm,that way my phosphorus and potassium levels go up and i still have some calicium and nitrogen thru flower????.

jidoka

Iam currently giving the girls 400 ppms of jacks and 300 ppms of calnit in 150 ppm tap water.I usually taper off week 6 for calnit.I am thinking to stop calnit at week 4 but to increase jacks by 50-100 ppm,that way my phosphorus and potassium levels go up and i still have some calicium and nitrogen thru flower????.

That right there ain’t no bad idea

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran

Well you would still have some nitrogen from the pro hydro but I don’t believe it contains any calcium on its own.

Hookah79

Well you would still have some nitrogen from the pro hydro but I don’t believe it contains any calcium on its own.

Ha! Completely forgot that there’s no calcium in jacks!!!.

Well there are other forms of calcium without the nitrate but iam not even sure if they would interfere with the solution.

Calcium EDTA chelated 9.7%

https://customhydronutrients.com/ca...47_452&zenid=7fd86ecf98b9e2eadfdc49d8706f20a7

A gram of this gives you 25 ppm

Calcium Chloride

https://customhydronutrients.com/ca..._47_86&zenid=7fd86ecf98b9e2eadfdc49d8706f20a7

At 94% pure, Vitro anhydrous calcium chloride prilled is 34% Calcium and 60% Chloride. One gram in one gallon of water yeilds 90ppm Calcium and 159ppm Chloride.

In hydroponic solutions try to limit the chloride to less than 100 ppm or better yet 50 ppm depending on crop.

This is from customhydronutrients.com

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
I've been top dressing my coir with gypsum, which adds calcium and sulfur. Then using just enough calnit to keep them green.

caljim

Veteran
Does gypsum break down quick enough to be useful?

People use it in peat and soil based mixes all the time, so I would think so...but i'm not a soil scientist.

What I can say is that my plants are showing me they like it with thicker/ stronger stems, and heavier flowers.

At the very least it has caused no harm.

I take the prilled stuff and turn it to dust in an old coffee grinder. Top dressing at the beginning of flower and again at week 4.

YMMV

beta

Veteran
People use it in peat and soil based mixes all the time, so I would think so...but i'm not a soil scientist.

What I can say is that my plants are showing me they like it with thicker/ stronger stems, and heavier flowers.

At the very least it has caused no harm.

I take the prilled stuff and turn it to dust in an old coffee grinder. Top dressing at the beginning of flower and again at week 4.

YMMV

Awesome, thanks for the advice, I'll try it out! How much do you generally top-dress with?

Why don't you use it during veg? AFAIK calcium is an immobile nutrient so it's needed from day 1.

caljim

Veteran
Hey Beta...A heaping tablespoon or so to about 2 gallons of coir. I try and scratch it in some or it can become hydrophobic and clump a bit just laying on the surface.

In veg the plants are getting a lot more calnit than they do in flower.

So its an attempt to keep lots of calcium available while using just enough calnit to keep them the right shade of green for where they are in flower.

Drop That Sound

Trying to load up my cart finally, here's what I meant about the difference in bags, both sets come out to the same price on amazon.. the 79030 product code on both the light blue bags doesn't seem to be listed on JR peters main site..

I would rather get new bags than ones that have possibly been sitting for years is the main reason I was asking..

I'm also really interested in some of the other professional line products, and what they have to offer... trying to make one good purchase now that will cover all my plants and veggies needs both.

If i were to get one more 25# bag what would you guys pick? All purpose 20-20-20, 20-10-20, oasis (formerly Hydro FeED?), etc.. there's so many types...

http://www.jrpeters.com/who-are-you/professional-growers/jack-s-professional.html

Guessing the 3-2-1 would cover all my fruiting/budding type plants, and oasis for greens? Or should I just get the 5-12-26 and 15-0-0 and call it good for now?

I'm probably way over thinking this, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 81-r9MhwNPL._SL1500_.jpg
    81-r9MhwNPL._SL1500_.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 81TarQPnv8L._SL1500_.jpg
    81TarQPnv8L._SL1500_.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 49
  • jacks1.jpg
    jacks1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 40
  • jacks.jpg
    jacks.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Drop That Sound

Trying to load up my cart finally, here's what I meant about the difference in bags, both sets come out to the same price on amazon.. the 79030 product code on both the light blue bags doesn't seem to be listed on JR peters main site..

I would rather get new bags than ones that have possibly been sitting for years is the main reason I was asking..

I'm also really interested in some of the other professional line products, and what they have to offer... trying to make one good purchase now that will cover all my plants and veggies needs both.

If i were to get one more 25# bag what would you guys pick? All purpose 20-20-20, 20-10-20, oasis (formerly Hydro FeED?), etc.. there's so many types...

https://www.jrpeters.com/who-are-you/professional-growers/jack-s-professional.html

Guessing the 3-2-1 would cover all my fruiting/budding type plants, and oasis for greens? Or should I just get the 5-12-26 and 15-0-0 and call it good for now?

I'm probably way over thinking this, what do you guys think?

NM, I found the right site at www.jacksnutrients.com, with the newer bags. I was originally just browsing jrpeters site, which only sells a few of the other products anyway.

Only paid an extra few bucks or so to buy direct, compared to amazon sellers with their free shipping and taxes.

Ended up going with A & B for now but might check out a few other products from the FeED line later;

- 12-4-16 RO

For the Purest in you. This one part nutrient blend is designed for crops grown in very low alkalinity waters such as reverse osmosis (RO) water, rainwater, and distilled water. Formulated utilizing the innovative raw materials to reduce pH crash while delivering all the nutrients essential for vigorous plant growth.

- 15-5-20 Tap

Prefer Tap Water? Allow your plants to drink up this formula designed to provide all the macro, secondary and micro nutrients in a one-part system. Specifically formulated for tap, city or well water types with slightly higher alkalinity & pH. This combination of nutrients will lower pH over time while including the extra soluble calcium, magnesium and the right balance of micronutrients.

- 10-30-20 Bloom

Need a Boost of Flower Power? Our 1:3:2 major nutrient ratio has been trusted by Jack's Professional growers for over 70 years. This soluble and available nutrient combination stimulates blooming, resulting in heavy bud and fruit set.

- 15-6-17 Clone

Like a shot gun start for your new plants - this formula will help promote strong, and fast root growth and expansion. Best used for fertilizing young seedlings, transplants, clones and newly set rooted cuttings.

- 5-50-18 UltraViolet

Get ready for a serious boost of available phosphorus. The primary goal of this formula is to assist in shutting down the strong vegetative growth stage of the plant and stimulate a switch to the reproductive or flowering phase of plant and flower development.

- 7-15-30 Finish

You've always been told to finish strong. This formula is ideally formulated for this purpose to provide your plants with a very low nitrogen, high phosphorus and very high potassium content to keep the whole plant happy to the end of its crop cycle.

MrBungle

The blue bag looks like it is for continuous feed programs... More like hydro applications.. The other bag is for more traditional feeding programs, at least that's how it appears to me

Hookah79

I thought those were just newer bags no?
I received jacks calnit that was the newer label ,the npk was 15-0-0 compared to the previous 15.5-0-0..I don’t know why they changed it.

I wish JR peters would add some silica and micros to their product.I basically wouldn’t need nothing but some mkp during flower.

balazer

According to jr Peters the max solubility on the pro hydro is 4 lbs a gallon. So at 880 you are only around half the limit.
The Jack's Professional 5-12-26 bag says the limit of solubility is 1 lb per gallon. It used to be higher, but it went down when they changed the iron compounds in the formula.

Peters Professional 5-11-26 has the old iron formulation, and its limit of solubility is 3 lbs per gallon.

Hookah79

The Jack's Professional 5-12-26 bag says the limit of solubility is 1 lb per gallon. It used to be higher, but it went down when they changed the iron compounds in the formula.

Peters Professional 5-11-26 has the old iron formulation, and its limit of solubility is 3 lbs per gallon.
I am looking at the label of a bag i bought 6 months ago and states 3lbs per 1 gal solubility limit.

Are you reffering to the new label?.

Drop That Sound

So whats the recommended amount per stock gallon for the new 2018 A&B formulations? 880 grams for the 5-12-26 still good? I usually hover around 5-600 ppms in veg so im guessing around 5-7 ml of each A & B per gallon will be plenty for my DWC systems. The new label only calls for the 3-2-1 or 8.6 ounces per 100 gallons, just wondering if there is any difference since the new labels earlier this year..

RB56

Veteran
I ordered a bag of part A directly from JR Peters on 5/13/2018. Not marked "new mix" or "2018 version", but limit of solubility is 1 lb/gallon, so guess it's the new stuff.

I noticed that my concentrate - 1 pound powder to one gallon RO water, was more brown than yellow. Previous batches definitely made an obviously yellow concentrate. I've been using this batch for about a month. Mixes identically to previous batches, same EC and pH.No issues with the plants at all.

Drop That Sound

I finally ran out of a 5 year supply of base nutrient sample bottles yesterday (Pretty much every brand from 5 years ago lol). Also I found my scale and it was throwing an error code.. So I just cracked open the 2 bags and tossed a few big scoops of each into two 1 gallon water jugs. Seperate jugs for each of course..

Then I found someone said to get the 3-2 ratio and use your .5 meter, and divide your target PPM level by 5, then multiply by 3 to get the level for 5-12-26, and also by 2 to get the PPM level for the CAL NIT.

I wanted 600 so I just added the jacks hydro until it hit 360 (395 to account for my 35ppm tap) and then finally cal nit until it was at 635. Hope it was the right way, the plants seem perky today :)