What's new

A perfect cure every time

rrog

Veteran
I used to to the 70% Rh at 70F for 7 days, but have since backed the humidity down to 60% or so. The humidifier is on low and this maintains a nice environment. I measure everything in the room from 4 locations, just because I have a crapload of thermometers and hygrometers

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
every room has a Caliber III, both flower rooms, 2 in the veg/lung room; I cure in shoeboxes now, and headstash goes in mason jars for the 2+ week cure.

i'll admit it thought;its easier to cure my headstash if i got other weed to puff on.

if i lived in a Med State, i would go 70% humidity for the perfect burn and best product.

RBDF

BudToker

Veteran
I dry at 65-70% RH for 7 days and the buds are ready to be jarred. Thanks again Simon for this solid tecnique!

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
well, my hygrometer should be here soon, so I will cut down my 4 plants when it arrives.

I took a container of water and put it in the dark room with the plants..seems a lot cooler, more damp in there now..I hope it helps slow down the drying process a bit.

So I know it's harvest time since the trichs are cloudy and amber..I will know the perfect Rh for the jars for curing...seems like i'm missing something..

oh yeah..how to hang the buds to dry...string/wire plus a clothes hanger with a clip on it? I dunno...

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
the plants are hanging in the drying area now...I have a small fan next to a container of water to add a bit of humidity and keep the air from getting stagnant..the fan and water are in the corner of the small area...I did not trim any leaves off at all..the room is totally dark and a steady temp. of around 70 degrees, and a little cooler at night..I wonder how fast they will dry out with the little fan going in the corner?

rrog

Veteran
No idea. That could dry out really fast if you're relying on an evaporating pail. I'd strongly suggest measuring the Rh.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
@rrog - the Rh of the house is close to 30 right now..inside the dry room, I'm guessing it's a tiny bump above..? still haven't got my hygrometer, but it should be here today.

well, the 4 plants are not drying as fast as I thought they would...I kept all the leaves on though and did no trimming to slow down drying...all 4 plants were chopped at the base lastnight and hung to dry...12 hours later they seem to be slowly drying :)

I'm just going to turn the fan off if the plants dry too fast..then switch it on for only a few minutes at a time after that to keep the air moving.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
okay, update..just got the hygrometer...room temp is at 69.1 degrees and the Rh is at 41% right now...seems like it's just right for now...plants are still very moist, stems have lots of flex still..buds are very nice formed...you can smell it from the outside of the door, but not bad.

Should I make the humidity higher with some more water in the room or is 41% ok?...I'd like to dry them as slow as possible..

the small fan I have going in the corner is blowing air over the water and keeping the room from getting stagnant air...seems to be working perfect right now...

thank you peeps for all the help :) I totally love you guys

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
Your product will be good drying at 40%, but as a rule, the closer ya get to that optimum 70% humidity the slower the plants will dry, resulting in a smoother, cleaner and less harsh puff.

RBDF

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
niiice..thanks redbud :)

so do you think adding another smallish container with water will increase humidity more...just don't have any extra $$ to throw down on a humidifier at the moment..seems like the water is working though to some extent.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
I don't have any experience with the water idea, but it seems to me if u had a little fan to blow across the waters edge, that would help.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Rh is now 49%, temp is stable at 68 degrees

small fan blowing over the 2 small containers of water...seems to be keeping the humidity in a good range while moving the air around.

this seems to be working good

St3ve

If you lay a rag or towel (depending on how big the bowl of water is) half in the bowl it will speed up evaporation. Or better yet.. hang a thin towel up draped over something with the bottom down in the bowl. Then aim the fan at the towel.

I would at least shoot for 55-60%. 65%rh even better.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
been about 39 hours of drying so far...the humidity peaked at about 51% in the night, but now it's back down to 49%...the temp. is still staying right around 68-69 degrees.
the stems still have flex in them and the buds are not yet dry to the touch.

I'm gonna have to try that rag thing right now..

Finally got a caliber wannabe. Its a hand me down from a friend whose got lizards and all kinds reptile. Hey money is tight and yes 15 on a hygro is no go right now. Damn obama. Lol jk. Anyways i dried some my stuff for one day at 40% rh 76-78 temp. Too high of temps so i put it in the basement this morning and its been there 18 hrs 71-73 and 60-70% rh have not fined tuned the min max yet. will have better data after 48 hrs. But anyway im looking at prob 5-6 days in basement right? At that high of rh. I really need to move This bud for cash in next few days. But i kno for optimum taste closer to 70%. Luckily this piece was 24g wet was a branch that bent over and never healed right. The rest of the BBxWW plant is nanner central so i think im going to cut it in next 48 hrs . So i guess its all how fast u need it ready and how well u want it to taste. I will be stopping back by to record my info. Smoke on stoners! View attachment 172537 View attachment 172538

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rrog

Veteran
I agree with previous posters that 60%+ RH is a better target zone. The rag is a good idea. Worked for me once. Check the locak salvation Army / Good will for a small humidifier

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
about 69 hours on in the drying process and the largest plant is is starting to feel dry to the touch now with the stems still able to bend some..the other three plants do not feel dry to the touch yet, the stems are still pretty flexible but the leaves are really dry now.

i've got some jars that are waiting for them once they're taken down and trimmed. the room temp. is steady at 68 degrees with 51% humidity.