What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A newbs story of 4 Sour Diesel IBLs

Creeptic

Swerve said:
looks good man not bad if she grows like crazy just got to watch her cant wait for updates...

watching wont be a problem... considering i just sit and watch em grow sometimes...lol

ive been meaning to ask u swerve... do you trim your undergrowth? is it too late to do that since ive been flowering for about 2 weeks? i did some trimming during veg to allow light to get to the blocked budsites... but thats about it... i think i read somewhere about trimming ALL the undergrowth but i guess its one of those heavily debated issues

G

i trim all under growth i like to make her look like she has a skirt on and i can see under hahahaha. the screen is the skirt. everything under should be bare stems.. so start trimming. if there are big enough branches try and clone them. the reason for trimmming all undergrowth is because it allows the plants to concentrate all growth and energy to the budsites hitting the light and not waisting any energy under the screen.

Creeptic

Swerve said:
i trim all under growth i like to make her look like she has a skirt on and i can see under hahahaha. the screen is the skirt. everything under should be bare stems.. so start trimming. if there are big enough branches try and clone them. the reason for trimmming all undergrowth is because it allows the plants to concentrate all growth and energy to the budsites hitting the light and not waisting any energy under the screen.

sounds good... tomorrow i will take a long look under the skirt and get to cutting

Hilikus

creeptic, i salute you :smoweed:

I'm in the middle of my frist grow, kinda small and insignificant, but i hope to advance to where you are..scrogg is so sickkkk.

KEEP IT UP!

Creeptic

well day 19 of 12/12 and things are moving right along :wave:

canopy is a little more uneven then i would like, but still its pretty even... learned alot this scrog and next one will definitly be planned much better... but either way im pretty happy with the results so far... we'll see at harvest time i guess :joint:

here are the latest pics... im hoping/thinking most of the stretch is over... hope so... the smell is well contained suprisingly by my carbon scrubber that i purchased from ebay... $70 + shipping, and it came with 1 refill of activated carbon and it comes completely constructed with a fan and rubber mount... it was as simple as putting it in the room plugging it in and flipping a switch... ill get some pics up of it soon... working like a charm because these girls were stinking up the whole house in veg so im sure the stench would be even stronger now...

about 3 weeks in flower gone already! for some reason the time seems to go alot quicker on the second grow :woohoo:
only about 8 more weeks to go :badday:

8720day19_1.jpg

8720day19_2.jpg

8720day19_3.jpg

8720day19_4.jpg

Creeptic

Hilikus: Thanks! Good luck with your first grow!

And for now... here are some new pics... Day 27.. things are getting a lil bit frosty :yummy::yummy:

8720day27_1.jpg

8720day27_2.jpg

8720day27_3.jpg

8720day27_4.jpg

8720day27_5.jpg

8720day27_6.jpg

8720day27_7.jpg

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Very nice pics and very nice plants you have here Creeptic.

Those leaves are a beautiful shade of green...your girls look very happy.

Great screen fill for just 2 plants, can't wait to see what you harvest.

I'm on my 4th grow now and time goes by quicker each time.

Show them what the 250W can do!

W

WeldFlash420

For a 250watt grow your going to get damn close to a 1Gram/per watt! Great screen fill with just two ladies, and thx for the great show...Peace.

Creeptic

TML16 said:
Very nice pics and very nice plants you have here Creeptic.

Those leaves are a beautiful shade of green...your girls look very happy.

Great screen fill for just 2 plants, can't wait to see what you harvest.

I'm on my 4th grow now and time goes by quicker each time.

Show them what the 250W can do!

thanks TML16! Yeah this is my 2nd grow and things seem to be moving faster this time around... funny thing is its moving faster and i vegged twice as long and this is 75 day strain (my first grow was done in 55 days)

i think having all the bud from my last grow to smoke helps make things go faster :joint:

WeldFlash420 said:
For a 250watt grow your going to get damn close to a 1Gram/per watt! Great screen fill with just two ladies, and thx for the great show...Peace.

wow... that would be incredible... since its only my 2nd grow and my 1st scrog i have no idea what to expect yield wise... if i get 1g per watt im going to be an extremely happy camper :woohoo:

yourselfimage said:
very nice, keep up the good work

thanks!

bigjayworks said:
looks perfect.. cant wait to see how much ur harvest

yeah me neither... only about 50 days more to wait :badday:

took a nice pic today at lights out so i figured id share... nice and frosty :yummy:

8720day28_1.jpg

8720day28_2.jpg

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
looks good man! I'm waiting till the winter to pop some sour mist...but the IBL is what I really wanted :(

Creeptic

glock23 said:
looks good man! I'm waiting till the winter to pop some sour mist...but the IBL is what I really wanted :(

i hear u... i got these beans right when rez left... i just got them because i wasnt sure if they would ever be available again so i took the plunge...

now i wanna get ahold of Strawberry Diesel when thats available again

heard nothing but good things about the sour mist so im sure you'll be happy anyway

:joint: :joint:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
:yummy: Strawberry Diesel sounds delicious. The Kali Mist I smoked in the 'Dam blew me away completely so I have high hopes for the Sour Mist :joint:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi Creeptic

i wish to add my compliments lol. great job you are doing. i love to see a nice scrog being done. specially a sourD ibl scrog. i'm growing some sourdieselv3 as well as some basicdiesel trying to find some keepers. did you keep a mother? anyway once again great job, keep it up. i can't wait to see how things develope.

peace
gm

Creeptic

gaiusmarius said:
Hi Creeptic

i wish to add my compliments lol. great job you are doing. i love to see a nice scrog being done. specially a sourD ibl scrog. i'm growing some sourdieselv3 as well as some basicdiesel trying to find some keepers. did you keep a mother? anyway once again great job, keep it up. i can't wait to see how things develope.

peace
gm

thanks for stopping in gm :wave: ... ive been watching your v3+basic diesel grow as well... drooling over it infact :yummy:

yup, i took 2 clones from each plant for mothers... its my first time cloning so i was a little worried that they wouldnt make it... but its looking like things went well and all rooted and survived... so it looks like ill have some SD IBL mommas to play with :woohoo:

im still in shock that its going so well so far... i mean my first grow went well and i thought it was just beginners luck... and now for my 2nd grow i went with a sativa scrog and figured id screw that up... and then i cloned them and figured id mess that up... i must be one lucky noob because i never had a green thumb in the past... infact ive killed every houseplant ive ever had..lol

polak

Great job Creeptic!

Cant wait for the final result, good luck bro

ofcoure thread bookmarked!

Creeptic

polak and minds I thanks for checking in :wave: :wave:

im a picture whore so if you stick around you will probably get sick of the # of times i post new pictures :smile: ... just thought id warn u guys

a few updates today

firstly... the clones i took earlier in the grow all rooted and are healthy and happy in their new homes in soil... so i have my mommas now... ill take pics of em over the weekend

now the main course...

2 very distinct phenos (with pics included ofcourse)

plant#1 - stronger smell, grapefruit with a hint of fuel, tight nodes and dense bud structure and very very very impressive trich production (at least impressive to me :pointlaug ) :
8720day36.jpg

plant#2 - smell isnt as strong but its all fuel... no fruity smell to it at all... taller, lankier, darker green leaves with longer slender droopier fingers:
8720day37_1.jpg

and ofcourse the group shot... sideways view this time :smile: ... day 37

8720day37_2.jpg