What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Nup

I'v been quietly enjoying this grow/build. Have to give kudos where its due tho!
Great build and super to see it in action, looking forward to seeing things will out ;)

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I'v been quietly enjoying this grow/build. Have to give kudos where its due tho!
Great build and super to see it in action, looking forward to seeing things will out ;)

Thanks Nup, much appreciated.

Will be interresting to see what unexpected turns it will take, once we get that far into the grow.
Still got a few things I need to fix, a few minor light leaks. That won't affect the veg, as it's dark outside.
The analog thermostat I ordered in China, have proven to be crap :biggrin:
So I have ordered a few digital thermostats, that I hope works better.
Only issue is they have a large red LED display, that I will need to cover or simply mount the unit in the attic above the room.

Goldslug

I have started LSTing the cheese plants, started on the larger one some days ago.
This morning the rest started their training, with a simple press n bend the stem.
I try to avoid bondage, and tieing down the plants if possible.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75985&pictureid=1843917&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75985&pictureid=1843918&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75985&pictureid=1843919&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

The cheese seems to like the LST alot, I will let the OG Kush grow a little more, before I deside how to train them.
Might top one of them, to see how it do and LST another one.
I know cheese loves LST and it have a great structure for it.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75985&pictureid=1843920]View Image[/url]

From the looks of the OG Kush, it looks like it will do very well in a single cola SOG or small christmas trees.
I'll let one or two grow without training, to give me a better indication of how it does best for a future monocrop. (If I keep it)

:smoweed:

Good luck man puf puff

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Epsom salt Mg Folia feed

Epsom salt Mg Folia feed

Thank you Goldslug :tiphat:

To fight the Mg deficiency, I have brought some epsom salt (magnesiumsulfat)
After giving up on memory, I had to read a few threads about foilia feeding Mg.
As always the internet will give you answers real fast, lot's of different once in east and west.

I ended up with mix-match'ing, me up to a mix of 1 gram of Epsom per Liter.
I estimate this should make a solution around 45 ppm Mg, might be a little off but in the ballpark.

Only mixing 500 ml (that's the size spray bottle I had)
0.5 gram epsom salt

Mixed the Epsom salt into 250 ml lukewarm RO water

Finally I mixed in 250 ml boiled tab water, into the spray bottle.
I boiled the tab water, to remove some of the bicarbonate.
My tab holds 336 mg Hydrogencarbonat per liter, but used tab water.
To add some of the micro elements, my RO water removes.

Now it's spray time!

meltybubble

:tiphat: Hi bro, great to see you back online.
I remember your skills well from tagging along back then. Sorry to hear about the bust bro, never a good thing.
Looking forward to tagging along and telling you what your doing wrong :biggrin: jk bro!

Lit wee room, bet it rocks.

Anyways man upwardand onward!

peace, hydro

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Hi bro, great to see you back online.
I remember your skills well from tagging along back then. Sorry to hear about the bust bro, never a good thing.
Looking forward to tagging along and telling you what your doing wrong :biggrin: jk bro!

Lit wee room, bet it rocks.

Anyways man upwardand onward!

peace, hydro

Hey mate, and thank you.
Nice to be back, and looking forward to some dank green.
We'll see if I can live up to the old days :biggrin: got to say my water source, clone quality and 10 years out of practice, have been a rough return.

It's like they don't grow as fast as I remember :canabis:

Slowly as it goes, I remember more and more of what I used to do.
Why did I change this into that, and im sure I will get there at some point.
When I have made all the beginner mistakes, all over again!
But when I double check the solution, for my problem, for the most part I remember somewhat correct.
There is hope for me yet :woohoo:
And id rather you tell me, if I do something wrong, then you don't hehehehe.

For the room size, im sure once I get it dialed in. I'll be able to crop plenty of bud, for me and the misses.
To not having to grow year round, but maybe do a few bud crops and once the breeding is up and running a seed crop.

If not I can make a extra room, just got to sell the idea of bunk beds to the misses - gg eazy!

My cheap LED hard strips have started to arrive, so I it won't be long before I start building my veg/breeding/playground closet.

Cheap LED's and Hash, what can go wrong?

Palindrome

King of Schwag
@noyd666 yeah it's great, can hardly wait to start pheno hunting again. To secure some elite genes for my playground :)

@bsgospel Yeah im also impressed with the LED's, they have changed a lot over the years. When I left the game, LED was for clones only. I saw and tested some poor fluffy buds, that wasn't really worth the time and effort spend.
It sure look like that have changed, even tho I did not buy the hyped Samsung chips. It's 3 years old, so I wanna see where the no name chips are today. Before I spend 4 times the money on, what could be a technoligy that china copied last year.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Changed indeed! I once saw a commercial facility try to run everything on near first generation LED's and it gave me a bias for a long time. Quality seemed okay but I knew they could never keep up in numbers. And it's still not there commercially but a home grower could do far worse for their buck.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I have seen and talked with a few people, who have some very nice results with both stips and COB lights. But they still use a lot of watts, as they did with HID setups. But with a lot less heat, so the GPW goes up and your able to use less head space.

My plans for LED to start with is Veg, then maybe buy SamSung LED's for the other part of the closet. And run them side by side, and compare them with the cheap LED's.
Just for the fun of it!

BusyB

Long time no see my ole mucker !

Working out how to use forums to send you a pm.

Fantastic to know you are still about.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Long time no see my ole mucker !

Working out how to use forums to send you a pm.

Fantastic to know you are still about.

Hello there BusyB, it's fantastic to be back around again too. Thanx for stopping by :tiphat:
Meeting loads of very nice people, and reconnecting with old friends. (Many with new nicks)

I think you need 50 posts to use the PM system, Chat and a few other features of the site.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I little update on the garden

Continuing the LST on the cheese'

The OG Kush is not much for bending and staying down, but she' bending slowly and getting up quick.
So I have to be over her, morning and evening to keep her down.

Then I topped a single OG Kush to see how that will react, if thats a better way to go for a lower multi cola Scrogy monster

Snip Snip!

And it's a top shorter, and ready to become a pretty bush.

This is almost like Pokemon go, collect some young genetic speciments.
Train them and let them evolve, from clone to plant. And then train it some more!
Take good care of it and let it evolve yet again, into a huge flowering stickymon!
But without running around like a lemming, with the risk of getting hit n killed by on going trafic.

With this game I only risk jail ..... hmmmm .... anyone know if you can smoke a pokemon?

Palindrome

King of Schwag
@badfishy1 Thanks mate!

Spring season is here, the sail season is here. Got the boat in the water a few days ago, and the forcast for this weekend was looking great.

The boat have been wintering at a dock, getting a new bottom coating. A few islands south of us, not that far by boat. Could be done in a day, but we like to cruise.

Finaly after getting the mast in place, all the wires tightend and trimmed. We where ready to leave the dock, and sail into the fog.

It was nice, a bit cold and a little rain. But nother you can't handle with a few joints!
The first evening we got to our destination, after some terrible sushi we got back to the boat to toke

Next morning ... well maybe I should be a weather man/meteorologist.
Imagin a job, where you can make up shit that never holds anyway. And you won't be fired, for doing a shit job and being wrong 300 out of 365 days a year.

starke

I'd say you have made a triumphant return. TA DA!! Girls are looking great. Looks like the weather guys down under are no better than here in "sunny" Florida.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Hey starke, thank you very much!

Yeah I think the weather guys are pretty much the same all over, tho I have seen some video of mexican weather girls. Much more entertaining to watch, not that I ever needed a forcast from mexico but still ...

Here is a small montage from the sail trip, had company following the boat for 10 min.

https://streamable.com/9jp1q

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Notes*

Changed the light cycle from 20/4 til 18/6

pH 6.4
Ec 1.1

Plants are doing okay, still fighting some def. It don't seem to be Mg def. as they haven't reacted much to the Mg spray I have been giving them. Still yellowing odd and canibalising the lower leafs.

Might be a Cal def.

Im planing to starting to add 20 % tab water, to my rain or RO water.
Then I'll see if that changes anything, but also planing on changing veg nutrients. But one thing at a time!

Latest posts

Latest posts