What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
12 weeks on the 2nd LED test

I have misplaced my magnifying glass, so I can't check the trichomes but I will start the flush tomorrow. I have been leaching the res, the past week and it was already no full streangth of the recomended dose.

The Tohici99 have started to fade a little, but the majority of the BLB hermis are still looking very green. I hope the flush will change that a bit, and get them to yellow up.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
All right, it's been 3 weeks and figured it was a good time to check on the roots breaking down in my hydroton pots.

Not much change on the top, but they don't get the same soaking.

Poured them into a tub, to see how it's looking further down.
And at first look I think it's looking fine, there are still roots remaining, but they are clearly breaking down.

Found a pepple with a fair amount of roots stuck to it, but smurging it between my fingers. Some fibers remain, but a fair amount was also just mush.

They smell fine, ran my fingers thru the hydroton and little stuck to my glove and no bad oudors at all.

To early to concluse anyting, but im very comfortable with planting in this.
Another week and my clones should be ready, to be planted in the flower room.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Planted the rooted clones, from the Tohici99 and made room for them in the bottom veg closet.

Picked the best and most even looking clones

And here are most of them, wasn't able to fit them all in there. So a few have been put in the clone cabinet, we will see how they develop compared to these ones.

Top fed them with some pH adjusted tap water, and deluted the veg reservoir.
There is no automatic top feeding, I want the roots to seek down to the flow table. I will keep an eye on them, and top feed them if/when needed.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
A few days left, and these will be 13 weeks into 12/12.
The lower parts of the plants are still quite green, cant deside if I should flush them a bit longer or just stop the test.
Still no ambers, so there is that as well :tumbleweed:

Here we are at day 89

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Heat your hash up before you press it. It becomes softer and will press with less effort. And it will form to the shape of the press/mold

Thanks but no thanks and here is why - I do a long cold drying of my plants, to retain as many terps as possible.
So once I get to it, I will cold press my kief.

If your kiff takes effort to press, I would be bold and say you ran it to long and the quality is "too green" and contains too much plant matter.

IN that case, then it's time to wear your adidas tracksuit.
Put this track on sterio, bring out the bee's wax an old tire and PVC shavings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtVZbQkvk_Q

:laughing::laughing:

Pressing the scissor hash took no effort, the balls where already soft enough to squish em flat between two fingers.

Cheers yall!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Everything's on track

Everything's on track

Feeling good, when you have the feeling of being on track with your grow.

Went over everything today, getting ready to start a new flower cycle in the HPS room.
The LED Flower test is almost done, taken a bit longer then expected but it looks really great. Grown under China strips from Ebay, at 1.2$ + driver and heatsinks.

Veg is also doing all right, im not running them as hard as the flower test. 700 mA vs. 1400 mA on the flower test light 2.0

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Moved the Tohici99 "transplants" closer to the light, and upped their feeding a bit.

A week have passed, and they have turned fairly yellow. Mostly the "lunch pack" leafs, left there for rooting but I have not been paying enough attention I think.

starke

Think I'm going to give the pondzymes a shot on my next container of used hydroton and perlite. Based on your results so far I'm also leaning towards trying some of those LED strips for some edge lighting around the canopy to even out that area that drops off to about 500 umols. Thanks for being the mad experimenter.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Today was transplant day for the Tohici99 clones

Moved from the LED Veg closet

To the HPS flower room

Looking forward to do this mono crop, it's first time ever doing a mono crop indoor with a 14 week Satdom cross.

Im starting them up gently, placed the lights fairly high for them to adjust a litle to the new light.

pH 5.63
Ec 1.2

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I had planed to chop today on day 98 (14 weeks), but didn't get around to get started after planting the clones.
Getting the pH adjusted and dialed in the exhaust, as temps are no longer -10C outside.

I will chop tomorrow, if I get around to it.

Still no ambers on the BLB, I find it kinda odd with the genetics that should have been used for this cross. Anyway it hermied, each and every pheno. Not gonna waste more time on this, so this is good buy and soo long.

R

Rab.C

hey Palindrome sorry too hear about the hermies. the buds look great really like the 14 weeks today pic of all the buds.i am going to be using clay pebbles for my next run.can i ask what brand of clay you use i see there is canna,hydrocorn,plagron.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
hey Palindrome sorry too hear about the hermies. the buds look great really like the 14 weeks today pic of all the buds.i am going to be using clay pebbles for my next run.can i ask what brand of clay you use i see there is canna,hydrocorn,plagron.

I use the cheap stuff for insulating concreate floors, it's sold at the hardware stores here in large bags. They are uneven, but do the same and work the same as the expencive nice round hydroton.

So id go with the cheapest one you can find, and just wash it well before you use it. It is more dusty and will need to be washed and buffered before use.

I just wash it, then toss it into a barrel with pH adjusted water for a day or two.
A small pump with a hoze, makes sure water is pumped from the bottom and out over the top layer of floating clay pepples