What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Hate to say it but id have used trays to catch runoff lol.

I couldn't find some trays localy that would fit my needs, unless I was gonna spend a Lot more, then what I I'll end up spending on this. Besides the time, and minor frustrations.

In the end, I got way more time then money.
And im pretty sure this will work great, once it's done :dance013:

Hopefully the last layer have gone on, and is curing now, to seal all the fixes with a single layer.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The final layer of polyester have cured, with no problems and went on to the next step.

Installing the fedding system.

Made a manifold with ball valves, so I can drain the reservoirs by closing off the feedline and open the drain line valve.

Hooked it up to the feedlines and reservoirs

On to installing the drip lines, here is a little tip for thouse who might not know.

Dip the end of the drip line into veggi oil, before you push it onto the drip fitting.

And it slides right on with ease!

N

noyd666

pain in the arse getting those reservoirs out of there mate, cut and make it removable?

Palindrome

King of Schwag
pain in the arse getting those reservoirs out of there mate, cut and make it removable?

It's made to measure, there should hopefully be no need to cut anything

I don't need to take em out, unless I need to clean them.
Empty they slide right out, removing them is only a question about.
Disconnecting the pump, and lifting up the feed line.

Im sure I'll run into stuff I didn't think of, or turn out to be less practical then the idea.
Water test have so far shown, I didn't level the bottom in the lowest grow room correct.
I might have to add another drain in the other end. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Nice work

Nice work

I bet you are looking forward to seeing it full of green bushes at least as much as I am. It’s going to be one of the coolest closets on planet earth, honestly.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Thank you guys and yes, I am looking forward to getting done and fill it with green indeed.

Still got a little way to go, but it's water proof and haven't leaked over night.

The wick system works awesome, as I have placed a felt mat in the bottom.
It will move the water to the drain, so even the table isn't made with drain channels to the drain or level for that matter. Water will still slowly drain off the flow table, down into the reservior below.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Water testing is done, no leaks and no problems so far.

Moved the plants back from exile in the garage, back under some light.
In the garage, they have been across from a dirty window and had 3x 6W LED Spots.
They are 8 ft in the air, I don't think they have provided much more then keeping them in a steady light cycle.

Removed alot of the dead or dieing leafs, kept the "controll" leaf where I have been monitoring their recovery.
Folia fed them some Epsom salt, to give them a boost of mg.
That combined with some more nutrients, have made the recover very well.

Just filled the res, with the rest of the nutrient mix I made for them a few days ago.
Tomorrow I'll mix up a fresh batch of veg nutes, and bump the Ec up a bit.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Notes on the grow:

Flower room have started the flush, I have deluted the nutrinet mix down. And will continue, to delute it over the next week.

Final week before harvest, it will be running on pure tab water.

pH 5.6
Ec 1.2

Closet:

Drained the old nutrient mix of the new res, then flushed the plant with tab water for a few hours.
Drained and refilled with a fresh nutrient mix, made from pH adjusted tab water and my home mixed veg nute.

pH 6.2
Ec 1.5

EvergreenState

I think good old Skunk #1 is many times overlooked because it is such an old strain. It was used for so many classic crosses because it offers so much. Didn't Cheese come from Skunk #1? Regardless it is still extremely good and young bloods who don't even consider growing it are missing out.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Bumped up the Ec on the clones the other night, pH had risen and Ec had dropped.

So thats just how I like it, even tho the pH had moved back up to 7 the Ec had moved down to 1.4
Have lovered the pH down again, to pH 6.1 and kept the Ec at 1.4

Plants look like they are enjoying both the light, and the higher feed levels, the new growth looks healthy.

The flower room is rocking on, it's very clear that the flush have started.
Some more then others are showing clearly, that they are pulling in nutrients from the fan leafs to the buds.
Another 3 days and the first plants will go down, to see how they are at 8 weeks.
But also to give the rest some more air, the canpopy is pretty dence.
I can't get the humidity down below 60-63% during lights on, at light off I imagin it's a fair bit higher. I need to invest in a dehumidifyer, but on a budget here.

Harvesting a few plants, will bring down the respiration and
will give space for better air flow around the dence buds.
Im going on vacation, so the last week of flush will be unmonitored and I won't be able to act on signs of bud rot.

Cheese

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Closet Update:

Dropped the pH down to 5.7
Ec 1.5

Stared preharvesting a single plant, due to a small case of bud rot.
Don't look like a lot of damage was done, it was planned to go down tomorrow anyway.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Had to cut a Skunk#1 due to bud rot, not cool but I knew where it was heading with the high humidity in the room and dence buds.

Been running on a budget, but can't wait any more and picking up a dehumidifyer. Hoping it aint too late!

The plan have all the time beed to cut 4 plants today, to give room and air for the rest and to see whats the difference between 8 and 9 weeks for these.
I like my heavy body stoner smoke, but I don't want it too heavy either.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Great job! This first round just flew by.

What does 'hacked strip' mean on your LED test? Is it a combo of spectrums latched together?