What's new

a Lone Wolf.... in the ATTIC with 4000 watts!

Lone Wolf

Veteran
OK, Here are some pics... ill try adding some captions eventually..

OK, Here are some pics... ill try adding some captions eventually..

OK, here we go now.. just uploaded a shit load of pics... plants are at about 3 weeks (should be 4 weeks, but my timer was fucked up for about a week before i replaced it)... just now starting to form some TRICHS on some of the plants (cloned the SHIT out of the ones that formed quickest trichs!)... below is a picture of the POWER BOX that I just hooked up.. I love it because it has the AUBE timer built into it... its a quality piece of equipment... http://www.powerboxinc.com/ ...(tellem lone wolf from ICMAG sent ya, lol)

picture.php

as you can see below, i swapped out the 1k's and put in some Lumatek 600w Dual Digital Ballasts... these ballasts are EXCELLENT... they have a knob on them, which is on the other side of the ballast (ill get a pic up eventually of the other side).. anyways, the knob has a super lumens switch...(ill put a pic up below my pic that i found on the net..)... anyways its pretty excellent.. the super lumens switch really does crank up the brightness on the bulb... it doesn't seem like it could be good for the bulb, but hey, what the hell to i care? I believe new bulbs should be purchased every 3 months anyways... so why the hell not get the most out of them while ya got'em? I really think these 600's can compete with the 1k's if you use the super lumens switch... we shall see! I took out the 1k's and sold them off because I figured why not use less electricity and get the same amount of bud? hopefully that turns out to be a good move on my behalf... I also picked up 2 more hoods and bulbs... I am going to attatch the flip box (from powerbox) to one of the lines coming off the dual.. I will do this to both duals and have them flip on about 6 hours into the 12 hour lighting period... i intend on putting these extra lights on light rails/movers on each side where there currently is not any light... do you understand what im saying? when i get some extra funds together I am going to be buying the light movers and making this happen... i want to get FULL use out of my space.. so eventually it will be 6 lights/3600w w/ 220v plugs... ill have more light coverage and less electrical consumption with the lights then i did in my winter run with only 4 lights... im really using A TON of juice right now especially with the bad ass 22000btu ac running 24/7 keeping the room at a cool 75 with lights on and off... oh by the way, the ac is splurging out TONS upon TONS of h2o... i have a plastic container under it, and after not checking it for 2 days, it overflowed and spilled out and leaked through the ceiling below... fucked my shit UP BAD!!! i have tons of patch work to do and thats for damn sure... learned my lesson though! CHECK THE DAMN AC WATER BUCKET EVERY DAY!... im sure you guys don't have to worry about that kind of stuff, but I sure do and its no fun... I need to figure out how to add a hose or PVC to that container and somehow run it to a larger reservoir... or maybe i can add one of those on/off float switches.. not sure what they are exactly called, or even how to install them for that matter.... ok done with the rant...

picture.php

more copy and paste info for y'all...
* Dimmable - Ballast can be dimmed to 50%.
* Multi-Wattage - Power different wattage lamps on the same ballast.
* Super Lumens - Up to 10% more light at the flip of a switch.
* Dual-Voltage - Will operate on both 120 Volt or 240 Volt power.
* Can strike lamps up to 65’ from ballast and even at longer distances when used with a Lumatek long range igniter.
* 3 years full + 2 years pro-rated warranty.
* Internal resin coating protects components for long life.
* External breaker system protects against power surges.
* Completely silent.
* Compatible with Smart Volt™ power cords.
* 600 Watt Ballast Powers 400 & 600 Watt Lamps
lumatekballasts.JPG

here's the ghetto wall.. i installed some recepticles to their own dedicated breakers so that I can run some fans and other things without poppin breakers...

picture.php

3 prong dryer recepticle
picture.php

here are the 4 hoods, and the canopy below is REALLY getting close to the lights.. i have been bending them and doing whatever i could possibly do to keep them at ease... i believe i can keep them tame before they hit the lights... i waited too long to stick them into flower, that's for damn sure... oh well, i KNOW i can finish flowering them here... also, i will be installing those other two lights to the left and right of these lights... so imagine, another hood on the left here on a light mover, and another on the right on a light mover... easy as abc simple as 1-2-3
picture.php

picture.php

here i have the carbon scrubber big boy laying on its side... the heat from the lights is all brought to this scrubber... the AC is to the right of it and instantly cools the hot air and the whole room as well...

picture.php

3 weeks in. pic taken with bberry
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ok this is really freaking me out... i noticed some mold spores brewing up on the vent where the AC blows out the cold air... HOW THE HELL is this happening? ? ? i sprayed it all down with bleach... i'm really lost with figuring out how this is happening... doesn't mold HATE cold air? weirdness..

picture.php

my fave NUTES... dutchmaster GOLD... as well as some liquid carbo load... i also use flairform silica, and some pk13/14 about 2 weeks before flush.. pk13/14 is some crazy stuff that will SURELY increase your yield (if you use it right)...
picture.php

should i use it? ? ? eh, maybe on a couple i will... i read bad things about it...

picture.php

picture.php

Lone Wolf

Veteran
3 weeks in.... about 5-6 to go!

picture.php

notice the no pest strip? im not sure if the thing is working well... i see a few lil stupid flies every once in a while... i cannot stand the damn things AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL..... they just seem to never want to leave me... oh well.. they dont do shit to the plants, they just fuck with ME, and ruin my mental health instead...
picture.php

picture.php

notice my elaborate numbering/classification system? ... ive been tracking these ladies since their birth... i have shit loads of clones a brewin' also so i can sort out my keepers for future breeding and budding expeditions...

picture.php

i like lightly spraying this stuff on the coco as a safeguard against any sort of mold that might want to start forming... i always let the medium dry out on top, but ya never know what can happen.... especially when i had mold spores growing on the damn AC Unit...
picture.php

picture.php

ok heres whats going on in the veg room... i have some nasties that didnt qualify to enter the flower room... they are on the left in the rubbermaid... im gonna try and get them looking nice again then they willl eventually make the cut... to the right I have more plants that I started from seed, as well as some other clones from plants the are currently flowering...

picture.php

god bless the guy who thought of the walmart worldclass cloner! I searched 3 local walmarts to find these trays and none had them... then i went deep into a hood walmart and they had tons of them... i went ape shit and loaded my cart up... i am just getting SICK of the aerocloner... just too big and bulky and a pain in my ass... these ice cube cloners are small, easy, and I can stick as many cuts in them as i want... they work well too... just a bit of rooting hormone, coco, and some water, and VOILA!... im trying to figure out the secret to getting a nice and quick clone... it seems as if you need to pack the coco in real well around the stem, and make sure to keep them moist all the time... the clones that root get transplanted into the red cups, and placed below my T5 light... here they will root more, get bigger, get more nodes, and eventually graduate to a white square pot and a big bright metal halide light... ah, the circle of life...

picture.php

some bubblegum my brother in law grew last year that i have been smoking on recently... this ganja was cured for 8 months- brother said he has enough jars of this stuff to last him a lifetime! FUCKING FANTASTIC! I believed him because he gave me 2 jars to keep! an ounce per jar! Did not even ask the guy, he just gave them to me! You can bet your balls Ill be getting him back... im sure he knows this ;) mmm
picture.php

kickin back and relaxing at the cottage....TONS of carp in this lake for all of you UK'rs who love to carp fish! here in the states we HATE carp!

picture.php

Lone Wolf

Veteran
here are some bugs I found.. anybody know the name of them?

here are some bugs I found.. anybody know the name of them?

any bugologists out there? Ive been snapping some bug pictures... these things have been all around the grow house... all but the spider were found on the outside of the house under a light... the spider is in the grow room... i keep him in there as a pet... i play hide and go seek with him... sometimes i find him, sometimes i don't... i bet if i had spider mites he would have a FEAST... he's gotta be eating SOMETHING tho or else he wouldn't be hanging around there, nor would he be alive...thought id add the pics to my thread to give it some life..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Looks like you've been staying busy this summer man. Everything is looking great.

B

Bazarocka

What Can I Say??? Sweettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
Keep up the Outstanding work my brother, OVERGROWTHEWORLD.:ying::ying::ying:

IamNug

tight ass bug pictures!!! i dont know what they are. Really loving your electrical details. I skimmed through your thread again and found many more neat pictures and details. Thanks for sharing!! Keep it up bro!

:friends:

Lone Wolf

Veteran
lap, baza, nug,

nice to see ya guys! thanks for swingin on in... sorry i dont have nice juicy nug pictures up just yet... that will be in about a month!

Lone Wolf

Veteran
just went and checked them out and it seems like all of them just got their first trichs! my little ladies are growing up! happened practically overnight....

dybert

Lone Wolf,

Your garden looks great! We have a lot of equipment overlap... I'm running 6 Lumatek Ballasts (4 600s, and 2 1ks) a powerbox, and 6 air cooled xtrasun hoods. I'm glad to see it working as well for you as it is for me :)

Lone Wolf

Veteran
Dybert! nice to meet you friend... the whole equipment overlap is freakishly scary... i even looked at your pics and noticed that we are both running aero cloners... correct?? I recently shut down the operations with the aero cloners because of heat issues.... too much heat really fucks the aero's up! went ahead and bought some water bottle ice cube makers and transformed them into cloners ... there is a thread titled "world class cloner, available at walmart" somewhere here on ICMAG (EDIT: found it and linked it) and its where i got my idea... 3 bucks for 27+ clones its a good deal if you ask me... plus it doesnt need much attention other then making sure its moist, and all dead clones are removed before they mold spore up...

i think i have 6 of them going right now... already pulled out 15 or so clones out of about 160sa+ ive had going for about 7 days now... ive been checking them for roots and pulling them out of they have the slightest appearance of white roots.. i used some roottech cloning gel on about 85% of them... they are all looking healthy... the clones that i used olivias on are mostly dead... so with that being said, i do not condone the use of olivias! im sure many people love olivias... its just not for me...ive probably pulled out about 15 dead clones from the "world class" cloner as well... who knows what happened to the ones that died? i guess they just didnt have what it took to keep the genes going STRONG!... the clones that develop a shit load of roots have and will be thoroughly documented for future breeding programs...

anyways, i had one too many double deucers tonight so I am OUT for now! hopefully my words make sense...

Lone Wolf

Veteran
ok, the girlies are starting to look sexy...

ok, the girlies are starting to look sexy...

This baby below is for sure lookin like some sour bubble! anyone who knows their SB knows that this girly is SB dominant! she smells AMAZING and just got her trichs not too long ago...
picture.php

The next three pictures below this sentence that I am typing right here is the plant i numbered "44"... she is the most pungent, berry smelling plant in the whole room... she also just so happens to have some very shiny leaves and seems like she is going to be one of my nicest phenos..im pretty sure at this point that she is a nice mixture of blueberry skunk and sour bubble... the sour bubble crosses seem to be the quickest maturing out of all the rest... that is how they managed to get their own photoshoot before the rest of the girlies did... im gonna call them the kardashian girls... mmm mmm mmm...
picture.php

another pic of my "44" sexy kardashian biatch...
picture.php

and a closeup of "44"... about week 5ish.... man i cannot wait to see this girl when she is all grown up...
picture.php

below is another sourbubble dominant cross... she is numbered "25" ....
picture.php

not sure what plant number this gal is... ill figure it out and come back and edit this..
picture.php

picture.php

this beauty below is "103"... beautiful berry aroma
picture.php

Lone Wolf

Veteran
ive been scratching my head a bit lately and trying to figure out why my humidity is so high in the room... it has been at 80% the last few days.... it has also been very humid outside of the growroom also... im not sure if the outside humidity has much to do with the inside humidity, but i could be wrong... I have been pulling out about 5 gallons of water from a tub that I have under the AC unit every day and a half, and the humidity is STILL high... my ac unity has a dehumidifier option on it, but if I use the dehumidifier, then the ac will not be able to cool the air... If I end up getting mold inside my buds I am going to fucking lose it... I need to think this one out, and if anyone has anything to add, I would appreciate it... until then, time to hit the international cannagraphic forums and do a search on humidity and see what others do... Im not sure if i will be able to find many attic grows with humidity issues (not too many attic grows at all on here actually..) so maybe I will have to be a pioneer and come up with my own solution.... we shall see

LW

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
curious to hear how you feel the end product comes out under the 600s vs the 1ks.

love all the pics!

edit: hey man i would sometimes be battling high rh too,.. venting the room didnt really help, more airflow didnt help... i had to run a dehuey and my a/c at the same time to get things under control... not the most efficient means but thats the only thing that worked for me.

i will say that room i was using was not very well built/insulated... hows the insulation in your spot?

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Veteran
whats up my best icmag friend....

its pretty well insulated... minus my door/opening... its basically a piece of panda film with one of those zippers on it... that is the only possible way anything would be penetrating... outside of the room in the rest of the attic space, during the day it gets to be about 104 up there, and during night it drops to about 80-86, varies.. im happy with 104 during the day, considering that its been 100+ outside the last few days...

Im pretty sure that I will probably have to go grab me a dehuey and run the bitch... nothing like sucking up all that juice... I run my central air for the whole house, a window unit in my bedroom, and this 22k, all at the same time... my next house (that i will own outright) will for sure be outfitted with solar panels to help reduce my bill with the elec co... my meter has to be spinning out of fucking control... especially when the lights are all on... switching to the 600s was a smart move if ya ask me.... i love the super lumens switch on these new lumateks... it seriously increases the brightness on the bulbs, and i wouldnt be surprised if it cranked them up to resemble a 750w bulbs output...

THANKS for stopping by, always good to hear from ya brother greyskull...

LW

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those 750s have really caught my eye.... havent really seen too many folks running them though.

damn yo you got some a/c's running!!!! no wonder you went from 1ks to 6s geez...
thats got to be a hefty bill. bummer you might have to spring for another power sucker... at elast itll keep your buds good. damnit.

dtfsux

Are you running AC and venting the room? I saw some ducts on the lights but saw one hood where it was unducted on one side. If you sealed those up and cooled them with outside air, that would help the AC usage.

Are you venting the unused portion of the attic? To me it seems if you could remove the heat from the area surrounding the grow, that would help.

I think you have no choice but to use a DH. 80% RH can give you all sorts of problems

Lone Wolf

Veteran
hey whats up dtfsux.... how ya been bro?

anyways, im not venting the room.. i sealed off the vent that was in the room...

and the hoods are hooked up to an 8inch fan and they are ducted to the scrubber that is sitting in front of the AC... i dont have any fresh air coming in, i just have that fan running so that it can keep the heat off the lights from just penetrating down and burning the plants... so i keep it running... i originally took the glass out of the hoods because they were dirty, and i also took the whole duct system apart...about two weeks ago i hooked it all back up, but i hooked it up differently...

im gonn have to go get me a dh

dtfsux

Hanging in there. I sent a PM your way

So basically you are running a sealed room and not air cooling the lights with outside air? I would look into cooling the lights with outside air, even from the attic, it will help IMO

I would do everything I could to remove the heat because its cheaper to remove the heat then it is to cool it.