What's new

a little help with the og's please.

Blaz3

Yeah,Iv been leaning on CC...what are theyr MOST og kush similar strain..not crosses..but which of thei lineup most closely resemble a true og ...

also what are the main types of og kush..Iv heard of 3...sfv...and I forgot the rest..

guy fawkes

Veteran
Yeah,Iv been leaning on CC...what are theyr MOST og kush similar strain..not crosses..but which of thei lineup most closely resemble a true og ...

also what are the main types of og kush..Iv heard of 3...sfv...and I forgot the rest..

thats what im trying to find out mate lol,
CC tahoe and larry are both rated highly from what ive read mate, if you try ogiesel or cvk i can tell from experiance you wont be sorry ...but.. how they comapare to clone only og i dont know

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran

Well you got sfv, legend, triangle, tahoe, larry and honey badger.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
fire,poison,ghost,pestilence,skywalker, HA etc etc etc

larry and tahoe seem pretty similar to me,, i know ghost and fire are some of the best from what ive seen,, sfv is really good.. havent smoked anything with pestilence,skywalker or poison in yet though.. the hells angel influence on sfv,when i ran some lucifers as a test grow, seemed garlicy but better structure..

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
Absolutely....Im not here to cause problems, just trying to help you understand where Im coming from...Chem D is by far the best out of the Chems Ive grown...Ive never got my hands on the 91 skunk va cut which is regarded as the best...it is the original. Everything I find on the original Pre-98 Bubba that I can trust, is that it is bubblegum x og.....If you cant smell similarities in them...think broader....Its like two brunettes having a red headed child.

its just so unlikely mate,, bubba just doesnt throw anything in in crosses that looks like bubblegum or any of the ogs ,, nothing about the structure or high or anything let alone taste.. its offspring dont show any random throw backs of og or bubblegum and never have,,

you could excuse any theory by saying "its like two brunettes having a red headed child" but that red headed child would then go on to have some brunette children and bubba doesn't from what ive seen it breeds true to its own locked traits..

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Shit yeah there we go again.. Now which one is the.. no I give up LOL.. For another thread haha
Ok a candied, creamyness to add to the pine, lemon in-your-faceness..Yum.. I dont like icecream thats my problem, I like icecream with berries, and chocolate pieces haha and frozen yogurt with mixed flavor swirls..hmmm Never satisfied :)
BubbleBubba , I'd smoke some..hmm?

Zdub7k

its just so unlikely mate,, bubba just doesnt throw anything in in crosses that looks like bubblegum or any of the ogs ,, nothing about the structure or high or anything let alone taste.. its offspring dont show any random throw backs of og or bubblegum and never have,,

you could excuse any theory by saying "its like two brunettes having a red headed child" but that red headed child would then go on to have some brunette children and bubba doesn't from what ive seen it breeds true to its own locked traits..

Ok,Ok,Ok.....I've never grown out a good bubblegum...so that was just my understanding was that it was bubbleum x og....I stand corrected...It sounds some of you folks with more experience growing bubba and bubblegum have sorted that one out for me...I was just trying to help....no body can ever prove any of this stuff....so take it for what its worth

Zdub7k

when I say nobody can prove it...I mean with stories and info from SWIM....Obviously you could do a dna map and trace its lineage but you would have to have original versions of everything and that could be impossible in itself.

Smoking Gun

i think i'd take 4 over d for taste,, not sure about 91 just run a few crosses with it in so far..

what about chems sister?

I never got my hands on Chem's Sister. I would have liked to, from what I understand it is fantastic, everything wonderful about Chem but just slightly different.

Like I said my experience with the Chem's is that 4 is a great yielder not much on the flavor. Now with that said, I have personally seen a lot of mislabeled cuts. Very often people would grow the 4 and the D at the same time, and when they gave out cuts they were accidentally mislabeled. So I know there are people who grew out the D and thought they had the 4 and visa versa. So I am a bit intrigued by the difference in our experiences. I had the 91 in veg, also never got to run her though. Again from samples I received of it it was really tasty, but the buds were smaller than the D or the 4.

Unfortunately, the Fire cut is not very dominant in the Raskal crosses I've grown.

That's a shame to hear because it is such a wonderful cut of OG. I know the Fire does show its face in his White/Fire cross. May I ask which varieties you have grown?

I for one,dont know SHIT about og kush..apart from that I know its

EXTREMELY hyped

So for those looking to find a true og kush ..either s1..ibl..bx..doesnt matter..but if one were to be looking for a og kush from seed..where would he go?

I havnt really heard many good things about Cali Con..maybe Og Raskal...conniuser genetics..?

It is incredibly hyped, but with good reason, OG really is just that good. It is so full of flavor and even the "weak" cuts are damn strong. So while it is majorly hyped it is well deserved.

As for finding a "true" OG from seed is damn near impossible. I know people have created S1's of the most hyped cuts, but I have always felt they were not the best representations of the actual cuts. As for where to find reliable seeds for OG dominant crosses I would try, as I have already said, Raskal, but Connoisseur would have good crosses, OJD has always done great work. I almost forgot about Karma. He seems to be really good about selecting special plants and then using them to breed. I have not ever really seen anyone complain about his work. He does have a really nice stable of genes that he is working with and this gives him a very nice offering of seeds.

Well you got sfv, legend, triangle, tahoe, larry and honey badger.

Ok, I have never heard of the Legend cut or the Honey Badger cut. In fact given the name I would assume the Honey Badger cut is rather new; that is unless I missed something along the way.

fire,poison,ghost,pestilence,skywalker, HA etc etc etc

larry and tahoe seem pretty similar to me,, i know ghost and fire are some of the best from what ive seen,, sfv is really good.. havent smoked anything with pestilence,skywalker or poison in yet though.. the hells angel influence on sfv,when i ran some lucifers as a test grow, seemed garlicy but better structure..

So I open this post and end with disagreeing with you, sorry man. I am not trying to troll you we just seem to have very different experiences with the same varieties. I have always found the Larry to have much rounder chunkier nugs that are more lemony and piney than the Tahoe. The Tahoe has much longer more slender nugs that have a much more pronounced earthy, dank and fuel flavors. Again I am not going out of my way to argue with you, we just are having very different experiences.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
we arent disagreeing because i didnt specify what i thought was similar, i just felt that the lemony qualities of the taste of both tahoe and larry was quite similar.. ive run crosses of both and didnt like them that much.. not saying they are the same at all it just seems that some of these "ogs" have a bit more lemonyness of certain types to them.. no need to apologise..

:smoke out:

izzybud

guess ill see how my chemdog and bubba kush turn out. then try and find some authentic shit to compare them to.

I heard the sister is pure head stash !! Give her a squeeze homies in peace

picture.php

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
Gotta bump for aesthetics... The og's should be rated by rank factors as long as the potency is consistent.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Absolutely....Im not here to cause problems, just trying to help you understand where Im coming from...Chem D is by far the best out of the Chems Ive grown...Ive never got my hands on the 91 skunk va cut which is regarded as the best...it is the original. Everything I find on the original Pre-98 Bubba that I can trust, is that it is bubblegum x og.....If you cant smell similarities in them...think broader....Its like two brunettes having a red headed child.

parents have black hair and very dark brown hair, I have red

so.............................:huggg: do I win something?

Latest posts

Latest posts