What's new

a little help with the og's please.

guy fawkes

Veteran
Just had to say FYI and all.. 2 degrees removed is close enough to have seen and smoked it first hand.. Not for the faint hearted :)The closest I got to it before was a really good LA con and I thought yeah kush bla bla and carried on oblivious.. I'm on a whole other side of the world so I cannot claim to be any authority. But. Maybe a year ago.. without saying too much because there are heavies involved at the top of the kush..and maybe these kats that know who I know aren't supposed to have it. I saw this bud which just set new benchmarks for me. Not a single leaf trimmed off and you wouldn't want to. Look at the pics of decap. Yeah I just hear stories and pass them on. But that is all I gotta say haha just I have seen it, it is real..

heavies?? are you trying to say youll get beat up or shot if you share any details..so far youve justy given me load 'gangsta' ramble. its kush not crack.. lmao
no offence ment mate

Smoking Gun

Maryjane, are these like what you saw from a friend of a friend?

There are lots of people on IC with the real thing. Have you ever thought since only your friends friend had that one variety it may not be the real thing?

Attachments

• IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 13

headimonster

Maryjane, are these like what you saw from a friend of a friend?

There are lots of people on IC with the real thing. Have you ever thought since only your friends friend had that one variety it may not be the real thing?

Num Nums!! - i miss the real deal....California is full of imposters, people breeding into OG to try to increase bulk, but damn near destroying OG...people here seem to have forgot what OG really is like...oh well - their bad, i miss it, but cant stand the cali bs either....

Smoking Gun

Num Nums!! - i miss the real deal....California is full of imposters, people breeding into OG to try to increase bulk, but damn near destroying OG...people here seem to have forgot what OG really is like...oh well - their bad, i miss it, but cant stand the cali bs either....

I miss the real deal too. I no longer have that or any other strain as I am in an involuntary hiatus from growing. I cannot wait to start growing again, I will do anything to get that baby back. While she isn't that big a yielder the yield really isn't all that bad. But what she doesn't have in weight she more than makes up for in the smoke. I can assure you those pictures are of the real deal OG Kush.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
picture.php

The kush my friends' freinds' has. Its looks a splitting image of this pic of Fiveleggedgoat's friends bud , and no doesn't yield well at all. Liberated it is. Say no more..popped its head far from Cali it has..in a league of its own.

BTW your bud looks dank, don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy with that myself. But it doesn't quite look that the above. And the kush, og, bubba, whatever, 'the kush' apparently looks like this above decap no matter how it is grown. It is old. They have hoarded the genetics since before 2000. And I just say apparently, I am far from the action..

Zdub7k

cheers mate, some great input there, tbh up untill a year ago i only thought there were larry, sfv and tahoe, i used to think bubba was part of the og family to:wallbash: lmao. im looking forward to one day trying some fire and larry hybrids as these seem top be the one's that keep popping up

Bubba is part of the oG family brotha...its lineage is bubblegum x OG....as far as the two mentioned cuts, the fire is much better than the larry in my experience ( my larrys were seeds from CC (swerve)) but anything from OG Raskal blows it away IMO....Im currently running his White Bubba

Zdub7k

You sure do have a way of speaking for me...I've never claimed to be a pro on Haze's and never once insulted them or called them crap...I said that IMO they dont compare to Chem lineage strains...I think most people would agree with that statement....I also stated Im not a big fan of Haze's ....or any sativa for that matter....I obviously havent cam across a good haze from yalls description...either that or your experience, culture, and tolerance is severely less than mine. TO EACH THEIR OWN...AS I BEFORE STATED...EVERYBODY LIKES DIF STUFF...your from the UK...so I would expect you to have little to no experience with real OG (hence the reason for the thread) and was trying to relate on your terms how impressive the true Chem/OG strains are...IM SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANY OF YOU HAZE LOVERS....its just not my cup of tea

this wasnt a comparing thread mate i just stated to Zdub that hazes arnt to go over looked and he went on to tell me how crap they are.. the guy obviously hasnt smoked a good haze..

guy fawkes

Veteran
You sure do have a way of speaking for me...I've never claimed to be a pro on Haze's and never once insulted them or called them crap...I said that IMO they dont compare to Chem lineage strains...I think most people would agree with that statement....I also stated Im not a big fan of Haze's ....or any sativa for that matter....I obviously havent cam across a good haze from yalls description...either that or your experience, culture, and tolerance is severely less than mine. TO EACH THEIR OWN...AS I BEFORE STATED...EVERYBODY LIKES DIF STUFF...your from the UK...so I would expect you to have little to no experience with real OG (hence the reason for the thread) and was trying to relate on your terms how impressive the true Chem/OG strains are...IM SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANY OF YOU HAZE LOVERS....its just not my cup of tea

you went out of your way to slag of hazes how they dont compare to og chems ect in term of effect or quality, as in they are crap.. 'move over euro crap' ..dont go back peddling mate , it dosnt look good.
im not here to bicker ,right can we can back on track?:)
also how do you know its not your cup of tea if you havnt tried it.. seriously mate grow out a good haze, just once, youll never forget it.

Zdub7k

here is a helpful hint...the CC gear is mostly crap...Its good for a beginner to get fimiliar with the strains....but their are other breeders that usually offer the same strains ( most of the time the original versions as swerve knocks off a lot of peoples stuff)...if you want good OG seeds look into OG Raskal, MotaRebel, Cabin Fever, or many of the others at cannacollective ...IMO swerves crosses arent nearly as good as others....and theyre all very similar. Im speaking form first hand experience as Ive been thru them all over the years...I still have his Chem Valley Kush and His Julius Caesar...but thats it...the DeadHead and the CVK were the best weve seen from him.

ive never stated i dont like the og or chem mate, il always have some of there genes in my seedbank it just gets up my nose when folk slag euro genetics off when there is some superb herb to had from the real 15+ week haze hybirds, not as practical as a chem of og but to say they dont compare in terms of quality is nonsense imo,
my last crop was ogiesel by cali conn and it was very good , the sfv phenos more so , i even made f2's and cross's from a nice male sfv pheno x eugenics genetics pak99 kush and have sol blue sat x sfv ogk on growing now .
not dissapointed at all by them mate just sticking up for my belovied mind warping hazes :)

guy fawkes

Veteran
Bubba is part of the oG family brotha...its lineage is bubblegum x OG....as far as the two mentioned cuts, the fire is much better than the larry in my experience ( my larrys were seeds from CC (swerve)) but anything from OG Raskal blows it away IMO....Im currently running his White Bubba

im pretty sure bubba isnt bubble gum x og mate, after reading and looking at her id say she ALMOST deffo la affie x nw paki kush.
just an educated guess, i dont know og but know about afgan paki waziristan indicas

guy fawkes

Veteran
here is a helpful hint...the CC gear is mostly crap...Its good for a beginner to get fimiliar with the strains....but their are other breeders that usually offer the same strains ( most of the time the original versions as swerve knocks off a lot of peoples stuff)...if you want good OG seeds look into OG Raskal, MotaRebel, Cabin Fever, or many of the others at cannacollective ...IMO swerves crosses arent nearly as good as others....and theyre all very similar. Im speaking form first hand experience as Ive been thru them all over the years...I still have his Chem Valley Kush and His Julius Caesar...but thats it...the DeadHead and the CVK were the best weve seen from him.

ive never done any from the breeders you mention (i will though) but do rate cc well, ive seen grown and smoked some superb herb from them, there ogiesel was very good! frosty floral piney fuely skunk that yielded well and made awesome red full melt dry hash..i quite fancy his chem4 as ive heard its better than the chem D , but again thats just what ive heard.
lets forget the haze debate eh??

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
bubba isnt bubblegum x og,, it doesnt have any bubblegum traits whatsoever for one thing,,

bk is the only one ive seen that should even be called anything like kush..

guy fawkes

Veteran
bubba isnt bubblegum x og,, it doesnt have any bubblegum traits whatsoever for one thing,,

bk is the only one ive seen that should even be called anything like kush..

I dount there is any og in there either mate, the lack of streach that all ogk's seem to have is none existant in bubba

Smoking Gun

Ok, so we have established there is no OG in Bubba. I do have to agree with 7dub on the fact that Raskal offers better OG than CC, but that is because Raskal uses his Fire cut to make most of his crosses. As I said earlier I personally think the Fire cut is the premier OG. I am not bashing CC just giving my opinion. I will admit though, I have never grown out either of their seeds.

As far as the Chems I would go in the direction of the D. I grew out the 4 a few times, and had a few friends who grew it out, and I had no problem removing it from my garden. It is a pretty good yielder and looks real good, but I always found the flavor and effect lacking. The Chem D and Chem 91 always were better in the flavor and taste department. I had to shut down before running the D, but from the samples I have had it was always the clear winner.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i think i'd take 4 over d for taste,, not sure about 91 just run a few crosses with it in so far..

what about chems sister?

Zdub7k

Absolutely....Im not here to cause problems, just trying to help you understand where Im coming from...Chem D is by far the best out of the Chems Ive grown...Ive never got my hands on the 91 skunk va cut which is regarded as the best...it is the original. Everything I find on the original Pre-98 Bubba that I can trust, is that it is bubblegum x og.....If you cant smell similarities in them...think broader....Its like two brunettes having a red headed child.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bubba is not related to OG, no effin way, any of you genetic pros ever self any of um at all?

There's no bubba phenos in a population of selfed OG, no matter what OG your lookin at. Ann's there's no OG phenos in a population of selfed Bubba.

None knows the make up of either, I'd say bubba is closer to DeepChunk then anything else out there, coffee, dark chocolate. How in the hell anyone can say there's bubblegum in bubba is off there rocker.

There are many cultivars that taste and smell like a OG, from full blown sativas to stumpy Indicas, that means nothin as far as bein related.

Bubblegum is just some halfassed attempt by someone relatin it to the Bubba name.

Bubblegum x OG is Bubba......bullshit......we're do you guys come up with these retarded Assumptions...the only Mf that's has a clue to the make up of these cultivars is the guys that did the crosses, and they don't seem to be showin up over the past 10 effin years to tell the story.

CBF

Big City

Ok, so we have established there is no OG in Bubba. I do have to agree with 7dub on the fact that Raskal offers better OG than CC, but that is because Raskal uses his Fire cut to make most of his crosses. As I said earlier I personally think the Fire cut is the premier OG. I am not bashing CC just giving my opinion. I will admit though, I have never grown out either of their seeds.

Unfortunately, the Fire cut is not very dominant in the Raskal crosses I've grown.

Blaz3

Lol at Bubblegumxog...doesnt arjan get alot of shit for saying that in his description of bubba kush haha..

I for one,dont know SHIT about og kush..apart from that I know its

EXTREMELY hyped

So for those looking to find a true og kush ..either s1..ibl..bx..doesnt matter..but if one were to be looking for a og kush from seed..where would he go?

I havnt really heard many good things about Cali Con..maybe Og Raskal...conniuser genetics..?

guy fawkes

Veteran
Lol at Bubblegumxog...doesnt arjan get alot of shit for saying that in his description of bubba kush haha..

I for one,dont know SHIT about og kush..apart from that I know its

EXTREMELY hyped

So for those looking to find a true og kush ..either s1..ibl..bx..doesnt matter..but if one were to be looking for a og kush from seed..where would he go?

I havnt really heard many good things about Cali Con..maybe Og Raskal...conniuser genetics..?

i had some phenos of cc ogiesel that were very og dom looking and smoked with thick piney lemon funk, very thick smog, very(VERRY)frosty and potent, ive got some f2's i plan on running aload out, i think theres some killers to be had in there, rascle gear i on my to do list but so far cant say a bad word about CC,his CVK is another killer with some nice og lookings phenos but my nest stop i reckon is rare dankness, that guy has a hole og menu and all look epic, wont brake the bank either :canabis:

Latest posts

Latest posts