What's new

A hydro room is born, resirculating system my first growlog.

A

arcticsun

thanks man it is something special indeed, i feel very priviledged living here and having all this. the plains are very humbling tho, i become an ant out there under the stars, and i love it. gives me strenght and reassures me that i dont need all the shit they are trying to sell me nowadays. i wish i could share this with everyone in the world out there, it gives me great pleasure when i take friends from other places down south with me out into the mountains here and show them what is there. they are all gobsmacked in awe of mother gaia. so am i :D

Y

yamaha_1fan

hehateme19 said:
Yamaha: WTF is that, I know your just playing about that one dog. If your really in the dirty dirty then I know you have some better local stuff than that, as far as lakes go.

Crazy though , where does it all go?

Oh yeah and if you are really out there with Luda (and the Underground) just wanted to let you know that I just heated up a bowl of collard greens with some neck bones in them (for real Im not even playing) they are the bomb. What you know about that?

Oh yeah we have some better ones than that. I think Lanier isnt as bad.

Its the draught, Then they open the lake to feed some waterways in Alabama and basically empty the lake. A few months ago, the governor (I think) sued the army corp of engineers and tried to stop it but couldnt.

We drive by that part quite a bit and its weird driving by seeing it bone dry.

I dont know about them neck bones but I know we'll be having some greens with some ham for the new year, Its tradition. We did it last year and I thought it would be nasty but it was pretty good.

Hey Yamaha: Just wanted to say that the all the neck bones are is pretty much for flavoring not much meat on them, but they make for some good flavoring.
I like to add a smoked turkey leg to my greens when cooking them, (you can buy them at wally world in the meat section) just put it on the bottom and cover it with greens and then let it cook for a while, take the meat off of the bone and break it up into the greens. I love it :pimp3:
Yeah we are originally from Savannah Ga and every New Years my mom makes Black eyed peas (for good luck in the new year) collard greens (more money in the new year) and corn bread (to eat with the other stuff..he he) :joint:

Sorry arctic, I'll let you have your thread back some other time. :bashhead:
:laughing:

A

arcticsun

lol please... you see the offtopic stuff i write :D

please feel free to talk about anything here in my thread, have a good old rant. whatever :D

T

TylerDurden

Damn, I dont come to your thread in just a couple of days and Im already waaaaay behind (by 2 pages! hahaha) just got caught up though :D Awesome haul on those trout my friend, and that brown... damn thats nice. I love making trips up to the Rockies. We climb mountains and fish for our food and I dont think that there is any better experience in the world. Being able to see Gods great creation and live off the land like he intended is wonderful! I gotta agree about running water being one of the most relaxing and soothing things, although I would have to say the sound of the ocean is just as good cause thats what Im around most of the time. Not much fly fishing around here but I sure do love to go out to scuba dive and spear fish, some of the best fun Ive ever had. Everything is lookin great in your garden bro, keep it up. I love all the pics and descriptions of your area its so interesting, I think Im going to have to make a trip up there sometime. I love being in and around nature. Anyways Id love to see some more pics of the girlies when you get the chance. Hope everything is going well for you and yours, take it easy bro.

Mr. Durden :joint:

A

arcticsun

TylerDurden said:
Damn, I dont come to your thread in just a couple of days and Im already waaaaay behind (by 2 pages! hahaha) just got caught up though :D Awesome haul on those trout my friend, and that brown... damn thats nice. I love making trips up to the Rockies. We climb mountains and fish for our food and I dont think that there is any better experience in the world. Being able to see Gods great creation and live off the land like he intended is wonderful! I gotta agree about running water being one of the most relaxing and soothing things, although I would have to say the sound of the ocean is just as good cause thats what Im around most of the time. Not much fly fishing around here but I sure do love to go out to scuba dive and spear fish, some of the best fun Ive ever had. Everything is lookin great in your garden bro, keep it up. I love all the pics and descriptions of your area its so interesting, I think Im going to have to make a trip up there sometime. I love being in and around nature. Anyways Id love to see some more pics of the girlies when you get the chance. Hope everything is going well for you and yours, take it easy bro.

hey durden everything is nice and quiet and holiday'ish and all good for now. i dont scuba, think i alrdy said im more of a mountain man :D i have huge respect for the sea, its wild up here, very dangerous most places because of incredibly strong currants. but they go hunting with harpoons here for some huuge friggin fish, they anker themselves and float with the currants. supposedly thats a wicked experience, i said no thank you my fam has lost too many to the sea my mom would freak out haha.

dude you know what i just heard on the radio? the warm gulf currants has taken several shark species up here these last decades. not all the way up to the arctic but all the way up to the north sea and the norwegian coast.

with the global warming and the poles melting the move further and further north. and this is where all the food is. we have some deepsea sharks here but they never go close to the coast but now they have cought several different species around.

mate you should totally go see the northern regions sometime, its not far at all up here really we have a good infrastructure and flights like 5 times a day down to the capitol. 4 hours from london due north :D all accomodations within walking distance from the airport and even busses to take you in any direction out into the wilderness or out to the islands. quite a comfy modern holiday i should suggest if one wants it, or rugged oldschool on your own hiking or snowmobiling or fishing if you want.

the germans and the english has totally discovered this and come here in flocks in summer. the japanese and the americans usually come in the winter for some reason to see the aurora borealis. i know why its just a long story ill save it.

they are arse lazy tho and cba walking, you gotta walk to the best spots, so they crowd the closes spots and catch only loads of little ones and they are happy with that while the norwegian dudes walk around the bend and come back with huuge ones :D time is of the essence also, cant expect to see much in a week or two. a full summer tho could make your life change, some incredible things to be seen, like a blood red sun at midnight. go to alaska maybe and see it there, or greenland.. whole new tourism industry growing out in west greenland. they have some amazing arctic charr fishing oppurtunities there. or north canada, also i am reading alot about it sounds fucking fantastic. gotta go see one of these arctic frozen places they are disappearing mate.. your kids wont have the chance to see this. do it for them!

if one is abit oldschool and know how to ruff it outdoors its not expencive, flight only. live in tent and fish for food its awesome i go around all over the north of scandinavia all year round in my trusty old wagon :D

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I've got a little Norwegian in me, always wanted to go see it/fish it.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...........Where you live is so nice and where we live sucks (well not where I live, but I to am blessed) Thanks for continually reminding all of us about that ARCTIC. Im gonna ask that you be banned for trying to bring those of us in the U.S. (where we are better than EVERYONE else) down with all your nice pics of sunlight all day (thats gotta kinda suck, for real though) fresh caught fish, tents set up in the wild. HeHe

Actually I just checked plane fares and its not really that crazy really. You can fly from the middle of the U.S. to Oslo (ride a donkey from there to destination, right?) for between $500 and $840 USD (do i have to say USD when I put the $ on it, I dunno seems a bit repetative) Of course the $500 is SAS airlines (isnt that some special unit of the british army) which means there are extra stops.

Either way travel is pretty affordable at this time ($1.55 gallon of gas I saw yesterday) so I figure Arctic probably has some extra space for about 5 or 6 of us so lets book a flight. Im on my way

Last edited:
T

TylerDurden

Dude thats pretty crazy about the sharks, Ive heard about it before cause I plan on studying sharks after graduating college and Ive been diving with a few too :D Its pretty exciting... our planet is definitely warming up. I cant say for sure how much its gonna keep going but it sure doesnt look to good right now. I hope I can make a trip up there sometime. I love being in the mountains too, Id have to go oldschool and camp out in the wilderness while I was there. Its the only way to do it in my mind, of course Id drop by and say hello though arctic :rasta: As soon as I get $500 count me in hehateme19 :D Sounds like the fishing is excellent to so Im sure Ill have to try it out when Im there. I love traveling, lifes too short to spend in just one place. Hope to see some more pictures soon, I just smoked a little test bud of the Hashberry and Im fuckin stoned so Im gonna take off. Later bro.

A

arcticsun

hehe first of all.. hehateme19 let me just say i am sorry for my rant in the russian/ukraine bride thread. i just live very close to the russian border, i know how incredibly arrogant that must have looked from my sida lashing out against americans, twas a low blow. i just felt abit hurt about the things that was said there. dont worry i dont attribute any qualities to the general american, did i say i have lived in chicago? i have love for the old u.s of a. the shit in that post just got to me. meh you know me by now mate, nvm

deft: well brother, in that case i wish you welcome twice. my home is yours, i have 5 bedrooms and nothing but time and heart for you. that goes for the rest of you guys aswell. u wanna come fishing with me and smoke some of this shit come on over :D we are bored here, would love the company. infact we have quite a few friends from around the world who come here to see this stuff. u know its the heritage of legends, deft would i love to tell you the norwegian stories for you to tell your kids and friends.

have you heard of the trolls? they come from right here where i live, the story goes that these islands are really trolls sleeping, and one they they will awaken to shake all the people off them. dude legends, i could go on for days. get this we have a place called the var-anger peninsula here, ill not go into detail but we spawned the words war and anger out of them.

id love to put a picture of my house here but id better not, if you watch this short youtube vid you get a clue what its like here. imagine a little white house with a little red boathouse clinging to a windblown rock at the foot of one of these mountains. just on a small rocky shelf just large enough to hold a house, a boathouse a boat and a man :D quite romantic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa92n2Qgv8g&feature=related

A

arcticsun

TylerDurden said:
Dude thats pretty crazy about the sharks, Ive heard about it before cause I plan on studying sharks after graduating college and Ive been diving with a few too :D Its pretty exciting... our planet is definitely warming up. I cant say for sure how much its gonna keep going but it sure doesnt look to good right now. I hope I can make a trip up there sometime. I love being in the mountains too, Id have to go oldschool and camp out in the wilderness while I was there. Its the only way to do it in my mind, of course Id drop by and say hello though arctic :rasta: As soon as I get $500 count me in hehateme19 :D Sounds like the fishing is excellent to so Im sure Ill have to try it out when Im there. I love traveling, lifes too short to spend in just one place. Hope to see some more pictures soon, I just smoked a little test bud of the Hashberry and Im fuckin stoned so Im gonna take off. Later bro.

my friend once you get here you could stroll 50 meters from the airport, set up a tent and fish dinner right there. would take you about a minute to catch a huge ass cod right by the airport. summertime i would totally just go tenting. and the fishing is something you could only imagine, the schools of fish the come to land here is just unbelievable. ive seen huuge areas of sea appear to be boiling because there were so much fish. we use 20 hooks on a line here and just drop it straight down, pull that shit up again after 5 minutes with 10 fish on it, rince repeat.

far out fishing program from north norway, these guys are clueless but this is what the tourists can catch. get the right local and he puts this all to shame :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGjsrFU67iM

P

perakko

hehey, lotsa cool rambling in here, gotta read through. i kinda missed this and kinda was lazy too ;)

P

perakko

damn arctic you should be hired as some travelpromoter to the arctic or something.. i mean, what a salespeach!

those rivers full of trout sounds so crazy. we have some troutfishing scene surely here in finland but its mainly in the north like Kemijoki etc. anyways norther where i live.. havent done that yet myself but damn i would want to! love to eat them too but what you can get here is almost solely some massproduced-shitfed-trout.

i dunno but i was always thinking about moving more south, now when i think it, for what? i mean southern finland is one shitty hellhole of massdepression and alcoholism if you ask me! and no wonder why, the capitalism is starting to take its toll on peoples psyche. its a little USA in here where healthcare is going to shit and the pressure for people to gain succes and money is staggering. we had a huge national discussion going after the last schoolshooting about what needs to be done in the society to get kids feel better, but after the financial crisis settled in suddenly its all about the economy again. what our leaders are saying now is: "consume as nothing has happened, that'll get this country on right path again" thats headminister matti fucking vanhanen in his newyear-speak. anyways.. north, that's where im going. i could get pretty close to yours whereabout within my country, that'd be damn cool. gotta do some research...

oh yeah and i like snow, it's crucial when the day gets so short 'cause it reflects the little light we get. i know you know this but many dont.. i like it and the snowline in is moving up north year by year. these days hellsinki doesnt really get any snow at all in the winter where like 50 years ago there was plenty. the warming definately is real, good for outdoorgroving tho!

so whats the plan for newyear? fishing and a campfire? ;)

Last edited:
A

arcticsun

dude my friend perakko you need to forget about going south. all the jobs are up north now. gazprom and statoil are building some sick mega oil structures up in varanger by the russia/norway/finland border. there are loads of jobs up there now, im thinking about heading up with a truck to run some transport business some day, i know people all over thanks to my smoke contacts.

the north passage is melting friend its new times up here now, money on trees. they are opening up all of this shit for oil and gas drilling now and ppl are all money nuts atm. im hanging back doing some fishing and chilling atm, waiting to see whats happening. doing some half ass courses at uni, which i totally give a fuck about. when the markets turn and the shit hits the fan again come newyears its gonna be crazy up here. all the big companys are up here now lurking around.

SkunkyDemon

*Pulls up a chair*

*Pulls up a chair*

:rasta: Damn Bro' I love the hydro, I so far have made most of mine. I havevt put any to use yet ( Looking for some sweet seeds on SeedBay) but I have three different sizes of DWC from one quart to 3 1/2 gals. All just have a 3 1/2 inch net pots that way I can control the tds and ph to eact pot. I ll post a thread when I start!

Deft

Veteran
arctisun said:
have you heard of the trolls? they come from right here where i live, the story goes that these islands are really trolls sleeping, and one they they will awaken to shake all the people off them. dude legends, i could go on for days. get this we have a place called the var-anger peninsula here, ill not go into detail but we spawned the words war and anger out of them.

Yes indeed, my grandma (I'm only 20 something still) took a trip there to see where her genetics come from and brought back a little model troll going fishing for me, its a touristy thing but I like it. Also there was a kids story book that had a bunch of the troll legend mixed in and I love that sort of stuff.

This is what its like where I call home. Temperate forest and wet weather.

A

arcticsun

GOD that looks good to me just about now.. thanks for that one hehe.

its pitch dark and stormy here, constantly switching from frosty to rainy atm which makes the weather complete hell. with the southwestern ocean winds hitting hard right now. going to snow heavy tomorrow at newyears eve.

the trolls come from senja. tell your grandma that, you can tell her i know where they sleep and i live on one.

here is a local family resort and tourist attraction. the troll in senja. the largest troll in the world. (this thing is huge)
senja00006.jpg

00027_104630_0_m.jpg

there are loads of living folk tales here, and the old folks love telling them. all the mountains are alive and there are underground creatures everywhere :D

deft: this one is for you, a cartoon from 1986 about the norse gods and norse mythology. its wicked about odin and thor and all those guys, you said you liked stuff like this i hope you enjoy it :D odin was a king...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfDNBHvI4n4

Last edited:

Deft

Veteran
Thanks for the vid I will watch it, the animation style reminds me of when I was a little kid in the 80s lol. I love it. The guy who says he's Thor looks exactly like my 'little' brother red beard and all!

Its not great weather here, few days ago it was 65 and the 2 ft of snow and ice melted in one day, now today it froze again and there was a dusting. But at least we get some sun!! I don't know if I could cope up there, my mom lived in Finland for a while when she was escaping Vietnam turmoil in her college years and has stories that make me shudder at the thought of so much darkness, I get Seasonal affective disorder even here in New England!

Last edited: