What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

TheMan13

Veteran
Spring has Sprung my friends!

"Spring is nature's way of saying: "Let's party"." Robin Williams

Spring Tulipas 2.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant:about time to play garden...

ordered a couple of small bits and bobs for the purple monkey build...getting to the point where everything is gonna be expensive,like 5-600 bucks at a shot...pretty much have all the small stuff now...guess it's a good thing i still have a bunch of weed to trim,and more getting chopped this week...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...off to home despot in a bit to get cooler stuff...fun!
need to get an idea how big the box for the mastercool media is and whether i can safely strap it to the trailer...HD is on a busy road,not a very friendly spot to ride a bike...might need to wrangle up a ride to get that,the rest of the stuff is easy enough to deal with...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: :toohot: alrighty,it's gettin' hot out...back from lowes,almost 200 bucks worth of cooler stuff but no mastercool media...not gonna be able to haul that with the trailer...won't fit between the rails...i could probably do it but i would need more long bungie cords and it would be seriously top heavy...so feasible,just not very fun...at least i can use the bike path and not be in traffic...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:toohot:gettin' it done...both coolers cleaned out,new float valve on the mastercool,got some spraypaint out to spray one pad holder dealy...about to put new pads into the workshop cooler...then time for new water lines...easy but often frustrating to get everything leak free...then i need to fill the water on the mastercool and run some clr through the medium just to salvage that until i can get a ride...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:toohot: that's enough of that for the day...both coolers are more or less functional,just need the water lines hooked up...used the hose to wet the pads on the workshop cooler,took 15 degrees off the room temp in like 10 minutes...filled the water tray on the mastercool and added a crapload of clr and ran that through the media...holy crap it foamed up like crazy!...got the media pretty clean,got it running now and it's pumping out air cooled by 20 degrees so working good...snapped a retainer bolt for the belt tensioner...had to drill it out and replace it...only real snag...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow free cooling season doesn't last long around your neck of the woods um er desert.

What's the temp there this time of year?

We are going from 29 at night to 77 day temps this weekend. Gotta love the Finger Lakes.
no it doesn't...indeed the coolers will be on until october probably so half the year...didn't really have a winter this year,my heating bill was essentially zero...at least swamp coolers are cheap to run,maybe 80 bucks extra a month to run them...my bill mid summer is like 450,my neighbors with a/c more like 800....and they ain't growing weed!