What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As a kid, I was nine & was expecting total blackness was more like a cool twilight .. >>> from the link >>> “1970 (March 7): This is probably the last total eclipse that anyone reading this blog in the U.S. might remember. The path of totality came ashore over the Florida panhandle and marched up the Atlantic East Coast before going offshore over Norfolk, Virginia. It provided 90% totality to the big East Coast corridor cities from Washington D.C. to Boston. Charleston, South Carolina was in the 100% totality zone, as it will be again this August. This eclipse may have served as the inspiration for the line “Then you flew your Learjet up to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun,” in Carly Simon’s #1 pop hit “You’re So Vain,” which was written in 1971 and recorded in 1972 (although Nova Scotia also experienced a total solar eclipse on July 10, 1972). “ https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/historical-perspective-total-solar-eclipses-us

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Cherry Cookies

20240403_124703.jpg
20240403_131050.jpg
20240403_130934.jpg
20240403_124921.jpg
20240403_130929.jpg
20240403_124736.jpg
20240403_124937.jpg
20240403_124744.jpg
20240403_124756.jpg
20240403_124709.jpg

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
have you seen one? it's pretty awe inspiring...to have a moon just the right size and distance from earth to even allow it is pretty mind boggling...and to be present while it's happening is pretty darn neat...like the world is holding it's breath for those moments...
last one from 2017 was a partial but still cool i was in garlic patch workin when it hit we scoped it out through welding mask got a feeling its gonna be cloudy when this one hits in afew days

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:🌒 kinda cool? c'mon man,the odds of all the bits and bobs coming together to have a moon just the right size at just the right distance is well,astronomical!
mornin campers...off to the grow store in a bit,then home for garden chores...got all but two plants pre-trimmed yesterday and they should be dry enough to manicure now,so working on that today and tomorrow...almost caught up on trimming again...all an illusion though since there's 9 plants hanging and 9 more to chop in a few more days...
should be ordering some parts this weekend(y)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:coffee: just about time to get going,lots to deal with today,and somehow need to go grocery shopping again so i don't need to leave the house tomorrow so i can power through as much trimming as i can stand...really want to get some parts ordered...i'll need to double check with the bike shop to make sure i order the right headset,the one part i can't install myself...so i get to strap the bike to my pack again and take it to the shop...exciting to have parts on the way,can't wait to really get the project going...gonna be hella sick!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:covereyes: yikes! the things you see these days...
so i'm almost to the grow store and there's a dude clinging to a lamp post squatting down and pissing his pants and no doubt shitting himself as well,either so drunk at noon or just drugged out...right on a busy street...by the time i got done at the store he was lying passed out in his own piss...

drugs are bad kids,stay in school and stick to pot!

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
:covereyes: yikes! the things you see these days...
so i'm almost to the grow store and there's a dude clinging to a lamp post squatting down and pissing his pants and no doubt shitting himself as well,either so drunk at noon or just drugged out...right on a busy street...by the time i got done at the store he was lying passed out in his own piss...

drugs are bad kids,stay in school and stick to pot!

How far from the local wal-mart was this?