Veteran
cherry cookies

IMG_20240331_193614173_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240331_193605480_HDR.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can't dick around when it comes to parts!

Besides you trim 16 hrs a day so a few extra lbs ain't nothing lol

I want to see those rims...the purple ano
yeah,i have learned it's cheaper in the long run to build what i want from the start,and buy parts that will last and you know,not break under the massive wattage i throw down!

yeah,in an insanity inducing build choice i'm going all purple...like all purple,right down to the bolts holding everything together...so i've kinda backed myself into a corner on parts choice...like the crankset/chainring...there's like 3 companies that even make purple cranksets,there's one i like from germany,but they use a obscure chainring interface pattern,or the hope option which is the cheapest and has an oval option for the chainring,but is impossible to find,another company is out of stock for some undefined amount of time...so naturally it leaves the most expensive option...made in cali,stock no problem as they can cnc a set of arms in 5 hours,in house ano lab so quick,and they are super nice and very sharp,easy to find chainrings as well..
and the hubs,i'll go with industry9 at 700 bucks a set simply because i have 3 other sets of wheels so the freehubs will all be compatible and easy to swap,maintaining them is simple,and of course you can get any small parts easily,and made in north carolina...

i'm bike babbling...

it turns out that the specific sizes of parts and color choice means it's a lot of made in the usa parts,and they ain't cheap...but they do offer outstanding performance,durability,ease of service,part availability,and of course,good looks...

yeah,this bike is going to be insane,even Prince will be like."don't you think it's a bit much?"

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I admire the planning you've done for the build. Too many folks wing stuff. A good project is planned out and a goal achieved. I dig the purple man!

I have been planning a race car build for a couple years now but I hesitate as I am a complete asshole when the helmet goes on lol.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
✂️best get crackin' here,i want to start ordering parts for the new frame asap so i think i'll grab a couple bags of ice and run some more bubble while i'm trimming...the last batch was worth a Paul tall and handsome seatpost and seatpost collar:D
and i have enough trim in the freezer to pay for a klamper and love lever on top of that...and more...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
✂️
not really getting anything fully trimmed today,everything is still pretty wet...but getting it all pre-trimmed at least