What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
This is an astute group, I’ve got a growing question. I’m on week 10 of some polyhyrbids (think hype exotic cookie cuts) and when looked under a scope, they’re zero amber trichs. What gives?

It’s important to note these ladies were flowered 6 weeks from germination. I believe I remember reading somewhere that sexually immature plants from seed usually take a week or so longer to finish up. Clones don’t have this problem because they’re the same age as the mother.

It’s also why breeders these days don’t guarantee their work unless vegged for 60-75 days. I’ve seen these warning on packs more often recently

It can throw the plant for a loop when you switch to 12/12 before 8 weeks or so. The plants aren’t pre flowering yet that is part of the what the transition takes a bit longer. Food for thought

My plants are showing all other signs of ripening:

Water consumption slowing
Pistils retracted into calyx
No new growth, no white pistils

Can you fine folks weigh in with your big brains?

It can be genetics!

I've grown varieties that never go amber, they just turn a milky color from a "clear color". This can be a phenotype or strain related trait. Or you have something that is a longer flowering type.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...i should be 3 hours into a nice ride in the forest now....darn kids,i keep telling my buddy he needs a basement with a locked door...no more worries about the kids! did you know basement is german for free babysitter?😆

as usual,errands and chores today...

looks like we have some still too goddam warm days coming...probably going to need to water the dang yard again this week,monsoon has been a no show really,the irrigation ditches are dry,the river probably isn't far behind...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...i should be 3 hours into a nice ride in the forest now....darn kids,i keep telling my buddy he needs a basement with a locked door...no more worries about the kids! did you know basement is german for free babysitter?😆

Wow... That sound like Unc got cock blocked. But that is a bad analogy, to be blunt... When Unc's riding partner's life gets in the way of his bike obsessions....

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20230902_143532393_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230902_143734623_HDR.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: it's not 109 out,otherwise not much to say about the weather here...

yikes! that was an annoying trip to wallyworld,forgot it was foodstamps week,so everyone in line was especially slow with multiple payment sources

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Meanwhile - over here in southern England - after a mostly wet and drizzly August - we have a warm and sunny start to September - enabling a lovely cycle ride for my son and I around Bushey Park yesterday - he's back to school after the summer holidays next Wednesday - so we still have a couple more days to enjoy the weather outside -

Latest posts

Latest posts