What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
✂️ time to get to work...went for a very windy ride...windy enough to almost bring me to a halt riding into the wind...but a serious free push as a tailwind...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
no...but i've long suspected i have asperger's,which is sort of like being a savant
high functioning Aspies do frequently wander into the savant arena. there was serious consideration given at one time for reserving air traffic controlling jobs to Aspergers because of their single-mindedness when doing something they like. apparently, being a ACT is much like playing video games. some now believe that Einstein was on the spectrum. (WAY the hell up it, lol) utter lack of care about ones appearance, wearing different colored socks, inability to ride a bicycle. myself, i think we are all on the spectrum somewhere, a condition called being human. :good:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So today i grabbed the rest of my tools off that steep job I have been doing. Then went and papered the two new house this afternoon. Small houses. Roofs are only about 17 square. So now all set to build my drying room and chop this week end. Just have to go and get a shingle count on the roof I papered in last week. Should be able to get all three roofs done this week.

Then it is trim hell time. Cant do the unc trim schedule. Got to get it done. So in about 13-14 days I will be holed up trimming. Because 4 days after that I need the drying room for the next set of plants. So going to be busy over the next 3 weeks.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gmo

IMG_20230330_185238560.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got hit by a car last year and wrecked my flay bar I had for at least 15 yrs. Just bought a new flat bar this year. I am 57 yrs old and just found out about the Jones bar and I love it. Looks like you have something similar?
the jones bars have too much sweep for me,those are custom made titanium bars,more like a 35 degree sweep rather than the jones 45 degrees....easier on the wrist

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
So today i grabbed the rest of my tools off that steep job I have been doing. Then went and papered the two new house this afternoon. Small houses. Roofs are only about 17 square. So now all set to build my drying room and chop this week end. Just have to go and get a shingle count on the roof I papered in last week. Should be able to get all three roofs done this week.

Then it is trim hell time. Cant do the unc trim schedule. Got to get it done. So in about 13-14 days I will be holed up trimming. Because 4 days after that I need the drying room for the next set of plants. So going to be busy over the next 3 weeks.

wow Ichi's doing a lot of roofies this week... :)

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
wow Ichi's doing a lot of roofies this week... :)
Yeah well you know. Someone has to.

Found out today the last roofer this guy had didnt install the flashings correctly. Plus he had 5 guys and still took the same time as me. His guys would show up randomly and work like a hour and a half and leave. Kind of strange.

Also this roofing company showed up to roof a trailer across the street. Took 5 or 6 guys 3 days to do the roof. It is like 10 square. Takes me about a day and 2-3 hours the next day to do that. I would never make any money if it took longer than that. That size job pays about $15-1700 to do.

These 3 roofs will get me about $5000. Will take me about 8-9 days total to do.

LostTribe

Premium user
So still not sure about all things coco and led.

Veg is a mess again but I was away and light was issue plus cold root zone. Now I read a few times about higher ec with led to throw another wrench into my old ways. I have been running .9-1.1 ec in veg Bloom 1.2-1.5ec I tested my runoff and its 1.5 on the veg and 2.5 on the bloom.

I have runoff so not sure what the heck is going on?

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah well you know. Someone has to.

Found out today the last roofer this guy had didnt install the flashings correctly. Plus he had 5 guys and still took the same time as me. His guys would show up randomly and work like a hour and a half and leave. Kind of strange.

Also this roofing company showed up to roof a trailer across the street. Took 5 or 6 guys 3 days to do the roof. It is like 10 square. Takes me about a day and 2-3 hours the next day to do that. I would never make any money if it took longer than that. That size job pays about $15-1700 to do.

These 3 roofs will get me about $5000. Will take me about 8-9 days total to do.
A crew came in to the village on one of the historic, lovely old, elegant homes, and they rip the roof off and put a new roof on. It only took two days…

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
A crew came in to the village on one of the historic, lovely old, elegant homes, and they rip the roof off and put a new roof on. It only took two days…
So imagine how long it would take them to do a 70 foot long trailer. The thing is only 14 feet wide. %-6 guys 3 days is a incredibly long time.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So imagine how long it would take them to do a 70 foot long trailer. The thing is only 14 feet wide. %-6 guys 3 days is an incredibly long time.
I have to admit, I was pretty amazed at how quick they got it stripped and then reroofed. It must’ve been an easy job and then the crew come the next day to clean up but it was a very large job I was impressed

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
They came and replaced the roof on the Clubhouse at my golf course and the building is huge, flat roof with stone. One day tear off one day install and done. Just amazing! Crew was about 15 strong and those guys didn't stop for anything.

140k job