What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i have a serious hate/hate relationship with wind. on a local river here, if i'm trying to drift for ducks in my canoe, the damn wind will ALWAYS be in your face blowing upriver. if i go below the steam plant dam to fish, the wind will ALWAYS be blowing the spray from the low-head dam downriver, soaking your ass... you can't win, it's not allowed! :dunno:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
i have a serious hate/hate relationship with wind. on a local river here, if i'm trying to drift for ducks in my canoe, the damn wind will ALWAYS be in your face blowing upriver. if i go below the steam plant dam to fish, the wind will ALWAYS be blowing the spray from the low-head dam downriver, soaking your ass... you can't win, it's not allowed! :dunno:
Must be Bidens fault or Trumps. One of those bastards is to blame. It has to be.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i suppose it's fairly obvious wind is the enemy most of the time...it's only rarely going the direction you want...today was pretty bad though...

IMG_20230111_152534199.jpg

standard size flag so blowing roughly 30mph here...naturally i was heading straight into it

IMG_20230111_150138769_HDR.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that's the top of the hill...1,800 feet higher than my front door...it's 1,200 feet just to get to where the "climb" part starts...and i live in a river valley so east north or west sooner or later you'll be going uphill

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Morning fellas, pretty warm out here too. 30 yesterday and today. Looking like rain tonight, snow on Friday, then back down to normal (below freezing temps) for a couple days and back up to 30s :(
Hey Dr. P! Long time no see!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...skipping leg day today...aside from a grocery run...i guess that sorta counts,but not really...probably should have gone for groceries yesterday,but the wind wasn't that bad in town...up higher it sucked,but i figured incorrectly that since i would be going downhill into it it wouldn't be so bad...i was very wrong...
just regular plant chores in the garden again today,about time to do some up-pots and get the next round ready for flower and get the tents full of plants and fired up...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
been chatting with a frame builder in colorado about getting a set of custom titanium bars made,just haggling out the details now...

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 19-13-02 (@unclefishstick) • Instagram photos and videos.png

they'll look something like this except instead of the front loop there will be extensions like bar ends...it's quite startling how much more comfortable ti handlebars and seatpost make a bike

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
first one is a crosswind and second obviously you've never been sailing...you have to tack into the wind by zig zagging back and forth...not very safe or practical on the road...

there's only one way to deal with headwinds...suck it up buttercup!
over the summer i got much better at dealing with headwinds...pedal harder,don't stop pedaling...basically the same as climbing hills

Reactions: zif

Latest posts

Latest posts