What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are shopiing? hps all the way if the ceilings are 9’ or higher. Run them for a year or two and replace a row at a time with whatever led is the best then. grandmasterleds are the best I see on the market right now and I have tried a few. Double ended hps will be a big upgrade from the single ended and they are cheap right now. View attachment 18796563
And bang you done! 50 lights for 14.5 all you need is one run !

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
If you are shopiing? hps all the way if the ceilings are 9’ or higher. Run them for a year or two and replace a row at a time with whatever led is the best then. grandmasterleds are the best I see on the market right now and I have tried a few. Double ended hps will be a big upgrade from the single ended and they are cheap right now. View attachment 18796563
If they throw in enough air conditioning to keep up with the heat that would be a great deal.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Plenty of people switchover & for a reason it’s just that the industry is forcing us to move over also I can tell an LED grown plant versus an HPS growing plant
There is a difference. I think most of it can be fixed by keeping temperatures, humidity, co2 and par just right. The hps creates a more tolerable leaf temperatures.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...got woken up by the doorbell this morning...luckily it was a set of titanium handlebars and not someone i needed to yell at!
got a bunch of errands to run today and a tray of cuttings to stick..otherwise an easy day in the garden...got two HLG blackbirds coming,so some fun dealing with hanging those in a room full of plants and trays and the like...

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The thought of having to run a heater in winter in a grow room is a tad disheartening.
If folks are having to run heat with the lights on id say they need to insulate their room better. Although my AC's don't runs as hard in the winter, they still do. The heat off the dehumidifiers keeps the temps up with the lights off so no need for heat then either.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:coffee: almost done with coffee time...need to make a list before i head out to run errands...at least it's warming up...gonna need to make a home despot run soon and get some new yard tools...both my rakes are dead,and i need a hayfork type of dealy to get the compost piles stacked better...always something that needs done i don't really want to do...two hours of yardwork yesterday had my back aching...and not even really done...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
:coffee: almost done with coffee time...need to make a list before i head out to run errands...at least it's warming up...gonna need to make a home despot run soon and get some new yard tools...both my rakes are dead,and i need a hayfork type of dealy to get the compost piles stacked better...always something that needs done i don't really want to do...two hours of yardwork yesterday had my back aching...and not even really done...
Two hours that's brutal. Maybe you should hold back on the trimming today and recoup.