What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
couldn’t help but notice After 25 years of loyal patronage the downstate grow shop radically stopped responding (I suspect they wanted me to switch over to LED)

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
couldn’t help but notice After 25 years of loyal patronage the downstate grow shop radically stopped responding (I suspect they wanted me to switch over to LED)
My buddy from the grow store told me hortilux went under and will not be shipping after December. I'm guessing the were pretty dependent on everyone replacing bulbs all the time.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i won't be surprised to see hid/led conversion bulbs at some point using the old digi ballast as a driver...of course i know nothing about electronics so i could be very wrong

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I sure don't miss shelling out dough for HID lamps and blurples every year when they inevitably shit the bed. L.E.D.s have come a long way, I think you'd like them, Star. Super dense buds, low heat, and higher light levels per watt. No threat of glass and mercury vapor explosions from the smallest drop of water is nice too, or scorching the back of your head/hands/arms if you back up into it! I'll still never throw any of mine out, we had too great of a time together.

Akss

getting ready to order two HLG blackbirds....good to be getting the pro bro price...only need to get less than a half pound to pay for the lamps out of a 4x8 tent....should be doable
You still running the Mars lights? What are your other hlg lights the rspec? I forget.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You still running the Mars lights? What are your other hlg lights the rspec? I forget.
yes to the mars,fc and fce 4800 in main flower, 2x sp300 and 2x sp250 in the led room,and i have 2x sp250 for a 4x4 tent...
yeah, rspec 600 2x in main flower,but i'll pull those out when the blackbirds get here and use the 600's in the 4x8 tent...veg tent has a scorpion diablo

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
If you are shopiing? hps all the way if the ceilings are 9’ or higher. Run them for a year or two and replace a row at a time with whatever led is the best then. grandmasterleds are the best I see on the market right now and I have tried a few. Double ended hps will be a big upgrade from the single ended and they are cheap right now.
D0AC0EE2-9EFF-4211-8421-E4949E278AE8.jpeg

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i won't be surprised to see hid/led conversion bulbs at some point using the old digi ballast as a driver...of course i know nothing about electronics so i could be very wrong
Hid runs on ac voltage and led runs on dc voltage. They would need a power inverter to do that

Latest posts

Latest posts