What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When riding all these miles how hard do you push yourself? Full power the whole way or more leisurely? I notice I tend to push myself a bit harder when riding alone than with friends.
kinda in the middle,in the morning i try and get there as fast as i can without killing myself since i do have to work all day,on the way home it depends on how i feel,some days i hammer it the whole way,other days i'm dragging ass...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Does this look like forum to you guys?
It’s been a while since I’ve ran her but I’m not convinced.
014CAE80-5506-456E-88AC-2A978F3A2F35.jpeg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...taking a break from work,getting burned out from not having any real free time so going to renegotiate my deal to have more time off...all work and no play makes unc a dull boy...having to spend the weekend running around to be ready for the workweek and basically only having a few hours a night during the week to deal with everything is getting to be too much...at least for now...and if i'm having to stay until 5 each day then spend 2 hours riding home i'll have very little time to actually relax and recover from working and riding 43+ miles a day...just not getting enough sleep during the week,falling behind on taking care of stuff at home,had to trash a bunch of buds because i had no time to get it trimmed,and i miss hanging out with friends and going for bike rides just for the pleasure of riding bikes...
going from 100% free time to next to none is just too much...need to re-balance the whole work/life thing

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When you even started this job in describing what was involved I was wondering when this was going to happen
i forgot i was a crotchety old man for a while...it's been good in some aspects,but others not so much...physically i'm in much better shape,but my motivation was crashing hard...this whole outdoor nonsense thing has been far too draining,and not what i signed up for...just one crisis to another...on top of the physical stress of working outdoors all summer

Akss

We've been having some terrible weather for the outdoor finish..can't imagine trying to do it out in the desert.. you have been at it pretty hard core for a while now at that job unc. Maybe time for a little vacation...I think you've earned it how long you been doing it now?

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Offer to work Saturday and Sunday, somebody will have to check things once its all up and running. 3 12s would be a great schedule to offer and if they say no offer to be on call for after hour emergencies. Paid by the hour if you get called in.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tell you one thing if I’m going to stay in this business and I’m going to scale up I need to learn how to automate just about everything

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Renegotiate. Tell them your brain will grow them better herb if it had a few hired backs to take care of physical tasks.
already like that,i work with two other guys who do the bulk of the actual work,and they hired someone to deal with the bulk of the biotrack stuff,so i kinda don't have enough to do to actually fill a day

Latest posts

Latest posts