What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20220428_123049556.jpg
IMG_20220428_141754630.jpg
IMG_20220428_161903698.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:afternoon campers...off to run errands in a bit,then back for fiddling with bike parts..got the two bikes that are getting parts swapped mostly taken apart,now for the frustrating parts...getting the cranks spaced correctly and hooking everything up and getting it operational...just 2 derailleurs to set up and adjust,but that can get mighty annoying...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...off to the bike shop in a bit to get the headset swapped out...aside from that just doing the thing today...sending out the bulk of the remaining trimming today...easy peasy lemon squeezy! i will be done with the cowboy runs next week,then dealing with the garden gets pretty darn easy...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dam uncle the guy in that bike shop must love you
nice bikes tho
unfortunately the bike shops main supplier sucks so i end up ordering most stuff online...and a lot of the stuff i've been getting is from really small companies that you can only order direct from

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Beautiful bikes, Unc! I'm sure they will see much more use when you don't have as many plants to care for. Is that new job going to keep you busy enough?! When I shut down for a week, I was going stir crazy. Good thing there was the outdoor and 4x4 to take care of. I swear, they keep me sane!

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
unfortunately the bike shops main supplier sucks so i end up ordering most stuff online...and a lot of the stuff i've been getting is from really small companies that you can only order direct from
:dunno: any brands or names, or are these small suppliers of bike parts to remain nameless or unnamed? :tumbleweed:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful bikes, Unc! I'm sure they will see much more use when you don't have as many plants to care for. Is that new job going to keep you busy enough?! When I shut down for a week, I was going stir crazy. Good thing there was the outdoor and 4x4 to take care of. I swear, they keep me sane!
nope,i move right into the job

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: mornin campers...nothing too energetic going on today,more or less caught up on everything,all the bike parts swaps are done,everything is working,just need to take the bikes for shakedown rides to doublecheck everything is right and tight...i need to invest in some higher range torque wrenches...mine only goes to 6 newton/meters...the fancy cranks need to be torqued to values in the 40's and 50's...very important for the titanium crank since it has a Hirsch joint...if that comes loose it's a 1000 dollar mistake...and tightening the 45 dollar titanium bolt that holds it all together takes a 17mm hex key,not something you really want to be carrying around...