What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20220425_144700757.jpg
IMG_20220425_144645622_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220425_144621848_HDR.jpg

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Hey fellas, what's up? Rainy and cloudy over here, with a snow mix predicted for tomorrow:/

I've got a tree hung up on my power line that I have to figure out. I cut it about eight feet up off the ground, thinking it might fall, to no avail. If I can't pull it down, I'll probably shoot the top off with the shotgun. That usually works pretty well, but sounds like a war zone to the neighbors, no doubt! It has taken a couple boxes of ammo before, and rains bird shot gently down onto our metal roof, with quite possibly the most satisfying pitter- patter. It's also much more sporting than calling a profe$$ional tree crew!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: afternoon campers... should have the buds i sent off with the trimmer back today,and i got another qp done myself yesterday...so,should be able to cash it out quickly,and i have the other half of the main flower room to chop tonight...hopefully the trimmer isn't too burned out to tackle the next batch,i have another guy as back up if that's the case...i still have a couple of smaller totes here to finish off...almost done with the last of the cowboy runs and down to my legal plant count...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Morning campers.....

I'm going to start a new primary grow journal. I have some some idea for a title, what do you all think sounds better...

Gano's New Adventures
The New Adventures of Gano
The New Adventures of Gano/Gano's Xen Garden
Gano's Xen Garden

I have been seriously dragging my feet (like Unc hit me with his bike, lol) in getting around to start this new journal. I was going to start it a month ago (4-5wks ago). In a way I'm happy I did drag my feet for a while, as site got an upgrade since then.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, I got 1 HK and 1 WT rooted.. Im still struggling with it.. I ant get any Destiny rooted.. The cloners cuts look better finally.. I was seeing the stems have these black spots on them. I now think it was a clear rez issue. I don't think that product should be used in a cloner with cuts. I think it's a cleaning product.? I've been changing the solution every 5 days those spots are gone. The plugs are at least giving me a few here and there.. I'm hoping the numbers will start to improve.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Well, I got 1 HK and 1 WT rooted.. Im still struggling with it.. I ant get any Destiny rooted.. The cloners cuts look better finally.. I was seeing the stems have these black spots on them. I now think it was a clear rez issue. I don't think that product should be used in a cloner with cuts. I think it's a cleaning product.? I've been changing the solution every 5 days those spots are gone. The plugs are at least giving me a few here and there.. I'm hoping the numbers will start to improve.
I don't ever change the water in my cloner (when rooting anything out.).

Hammer, if I recall from memory, you run your cloner for longer amounts of time then what I do in ant of mine. I also increase the duration of the off times the longer the clones are in there.

Hammer? Do you have any kind of ventilation into your cloner? Like a small air pump(an auquarium air pump) to push fresh air into it.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't ever change the water in my cloner (when rooting anything out.).

Hammer, if I recall from memory, you run your cloner for longer amounts of time then what I do in ant of mine. I also increase the duration of the off times the longer the clones are in there.

Hammer? Do you have any kind of ventilation into your cloner? Like a small air pump(an auquarium air pump) to push fresh air into it.
It's a Mist cloner I made.. Same principle as an areo but with a mist spray.. I've tried cycle timers with various settings. I've not seen much differeance from on all the time. Temps have a much greater impact. Most use cycle timers for that.. I keep it at 70f. It will creep up to about 75f on a hot day.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Hey fellas, what's up? Rainy and cloudy over here, with a snow mix predicted for tomorrow:/

I've got a tree hung up on my power line that I have to figure out. I cut it about eight feet up off the ground, thinking it might fall, to no avail. If I can't pull it down, I'll probably shoot the top off with the shotgun. That usually works pretty well, but sounds like a war zone to the neighbors, no doubt! It has taken a couple boxes of ammo before, and rains bird shot gently down onto our metal roof, with qpossibly the most satisfying pitter- patter. It's also much more sporting than calling a profe$$ional tree crew!

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran

I've got a tree hung up on my power line that I have to figure out. I cut it about eight feet up off the ground, thinking it might fall, to no avail. If I can't pull it down, I'll probably shoot the top off with the shotgun. That usually works pretty well, but sounds like a war zone to the neighbors, no doubt! It has taken a couple boxes of ammo before, and rains bird shot gently down onto our metal roof, with qpossibly the most satisfying pitter- patter. It's also much more sporting than calling a profe$$ional tree crew!
The electric company might cut it for you... Depending on where it is on the electrical line!

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Oops, thought I posted that this morning. IMG_20220426_093127.jpg
Here's a Super Skunk about ready to come down. Nice terps, albeit no 'skunk', but maybe more like sour wine... All have been pretty uniform donkey dicks, with an excellent up beat buzz, but nothing has come through loud enough in the smoke in terms of terpamines. I still have like 6 or 7 to go, so holding out hope!

My ridiculously large- for- the- space pheno hunt is well underway, with a few making it into flower every few days or so:) Nothing to report there just yet...

Hammer: I just ran pool shock through the cloner for a few days, rinsed it out and ran plain un- pHed with the first truly successful run in months. I've been cloning into pure flushed coco with domes lately with good results as well. 1651003978757358800801.jpg
1651004107952672927456.jpg

I think the new thread will be great whatever name you pick, Gano! Is it going to be a Sour- D grow?

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I think the new thread will be great whatever name you pick, Gano! Is it going to be a Sour- D grow?
At some point there will be some sour d. I just have other stuff I need to get to before I get back around to the Sour d again. Well, two of the three Purple Urkles have shown preflowers.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gonna call that a productive day...stack of pots washed,tray of clones stuck,a 2x4 tray scrubbed,and harvested half the main room and pulled down the extra lights,moved the trays and stands out to be cleaned and of course watered the what is now my more or less two over legal garden...ignoring the last two cowboy areas i have going...

IMG_20220426_195009212.jpg
IMG_20220426_195016928_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220426_195025705.jpg