What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was right,i went for a bike ride

IMG_20220407_151807460.jpg
IMG_20220407_152151650.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Someone will have what you are looking for free of charge. I've never paid or sold a cut. I'll find my own rather than buy someone else's.
I just took down my Destiny with F2 seeds. If anyone wants to run some you know the drill.

I have the cloner and plugs going trying to get cuts rooting again

M

member 505892

Mr. Fishstick- I have a Trek hybrid bike from 2014 that i like but the gears seem cheap and not very smooth.... can i just upgrade the gears if i want to keep the bike or is it not worth the trouble?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mr. Fishstick- I have a Trek hybrid bike from 2014 that i like but the gears seem cheap and not very smooth.... can i just upgrade the gears if i want to keep the bike or is it not worth the trouble?

impossible to say....maybe? it's not too old,but parts are hard to come by and the bike mechanics are swamped....take it to a bike shop,expect to have a long wait,but they can give you a realistic estimate...but usually bike problems are solved with wads of cash

M

member 505892

impossible to say....maybe? it's not too old,but parts are hard to come by and the bike mechanics are swamped....take it to a bike shop,expect to have a long wait,but they can give you a realistic estimate...but usually bike problems are solved with wads of cash

Wasn't looking to pay 'wads' tbh.... just wondered if i could buy an upgraded set and fit it myself?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
After two days of rain the sun is out. Birds are going nuts. Still only 40 but for around here that's warm weather, just too wet to do much. Exciting time of year. I love the change of seasons!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

You might just need a good tune up. Cables stretch, things get bumped. Even a lightly ridden bike can use a good once over every springy.

And it is also possible it's equipped with cheaper parts that just do not shift as smoothly. But I would think most Trek bikes would have at least acceptable quality components for most riders.

Akss

We been having some shitty weather to cold and rainy but suns finally out now looks like a high of around 62 ... Soaking it up ..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:afternoon campers...off to run errands in a bit,pretty much just regular garden chores today although i suppose i could empty pots and wash them,there's only 15 to do,hardly seems worth the effort of washing them then bitching about it....i suppose i could just wash them and skip the bitching,but where's the fun in that?:biggrin:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Unfortunately, nope :(

I honestly don't think it would be worth it. Get a newer bike. I had a bad accident on an old badly maintained bike where the brake thingy (is that the right term?) came apart, got jammed in the front wheel and I was catapulted straight over teh handlebars onto the path on my back. I bought a newer Trek a few years ago and there have been significant improvements, especially brakes! Also tbh, there are probably better bikes around than Trek (just ask Uncle). I'm surprised he was so polite about your bike make. :D

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I honestly don't think it would be worth it. Get a newer bike. I had a bad accident on an old badly maintained bike where the brake thingy (is that the right term?) came apart, got jammed in the front wheel and I was catapulted straight over teh handlebars onto the path on my back. I bought a newer Trek a few years ago and there have been significant improvements, especially brakes! Also tbh, there are probably better bikes around than Trek (just ask Uncle). I'm surprised he was so polite about your bike make. :D

yeah,what he said! but any bike in good working order is fine if you're just putzing around,no reason to spend money until you're outriding your current bike

M

member 505892

I kind of imagined that Mr. Fishstick wouldn't be a Trek guy, preffering everything top end custom stuff, but he's a LOT more into bikes and riding than me.... i only go for a ride now and then....

I knew Trek was a 'good' brand with some pretty expensive models but i only have 2 cheapish models.... wasn't looking for anything top end, just a step or 2 up from the cheap junk at K-Mart, the one hybrid bike i got is this one-

https://archive.trekbikes.com/ca/fr/2014/Trek/8_2_ds#/ca/fr/2014/Trek/8_2_ds/details

I have honeslty hardly ridden it but i really like the feel of it apart from the gears.... i might call the local bike shop to see what he thinks and what it would cost to get running smoothly, as there's no reason to upgrade at this point, i have taken good care of it and maybe it just needs some tinkering.

:ying: