What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hauling medium hasn't gotten any easier

IMG_20220404_135903478.jpg

onavelzy

Veteran
Unc, how long has it been that you haven’t been growing on your own as a full time thing? I guess that’s an awkward way of asking when did you last have to work for someone else?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unc, how long has it been that you haven’t been growing on your own as a full time thing? I guess that’s an awkward way of asking when did you last have to work for someone else?

short answer...i don't remember
longer answer,last job i had was working for a real estate appraiser,but i don't remember when that was either! but it's only been 2-3 years since i started making titanium bike money:biggrin:

LostTribe

Premium user
Yes, I use 10m on, 5m off. I don't use V&B dirty in my cloner, that would clog the mist heads. I use Clonex solution, 450ppm ph-6. V&B dirty is not used for hydro. It's made for soil growers. I don't use V&B in veg. Im still using the same PBP grow for veg. V&B dirty is only used for flower. It works great for me. Its not part of the problem. My cloner rarely gets above 70F.. I use my Mini fridge to keep the solution at any temp I wish. There's 25' of tubing inside the fridge. It works perfectly keeping the temps where I set them. I use a 4 bulb t5 24" light on 24/7.

I do everything right. It's why I'm so frustrated with it. Ive had this discussion with many. It seems I'm not alone with this issue. Most are using plugs.

My bad bro. I figured you were using the vb too since you said you had like a ton of it. That is weird. Are you using RO or tap with the clonex? Is it a DIY or the name brand one, i always do the diy. I change my 2 in cups and collars each time as they are cheap and the collars can and do get messy as I occassionally leave the cuts in there for up to 2 months if I am just going to keep a mom. I really don't even adjust the water just fill it back to where 5 gal goes to with proper nutes. hmmmm. So you have a coil in the fridge that recirculates to the res tub?

I always had problems with cuts taking forever to root in rooters. I think it was due to re using the trays and lids along with not caring for them daily. I just set the aero and forget it. You might try running some bleach dosed water through for a day. Oh you know what I put in there too that I forgot to say was 1 tsp / 5 gal DM Zone. I don't always but if its warmer I always do it keeps the rez good and dead. I know its hard to find now and they repackaged it but might be worth a try for anyone thats following along. I use it in hot hydro all the time. Its better than SM90 which I still have about a gallon of from before they took it off the shelf. You might not even be able to get either of those if you are in CA didnt think about that. Just trying to help you guys out its about the same as all the other aero posts I guess though....

🤨UNC, darned it I see you missed a spot on that top pot get back in there and clean up that mess!

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Using liquid hormex at 2-3ml/gal and clonex at 10ml/gal and ph 5.6-5.9 to soak plugs made it consistent for me with roots by 2 weeks every time. When i use the aerocloner i used the same recipe with great consistency but its been a couple years since i hooked up the cloner. With plugs i lightly squeeze them and put the dome on for 10 days and rarely have to add any moisture until the dome comes off. I try to take the dome off daily and fan them.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For plugs, I use Hormex#16+Foop.. I got HK to root using this a few times now. I like to wash plugs with RO when I get them. There squeezed out so they don't mold. I soak them in RO then stick dipped cuts.

My cloner is DIY. It's worked for many years.. The only thing I've not changed is the pump. It could be contaminating the solution?.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: mornin campers...messed up one thing yesterday...forgot to turn off the light in the 2x4 so i could shift those plants to the led room light cycle...still need to harvest the led room,so i guess a days delay won't hurt anything...thank gawd the led room run is done,the clones from the seed plants are like 14 feet tall in #1 pots,gotta be nothing but a mass of roots by now...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My bikes 25 years old & I can give you a hand hauling that but I don’t think I’d get farther than 10 feet (judging from my stamina today) We had light snow a couple days ago ..just melted

the tricky part is getting on the bike then getting the whole thing moving,after that it just sucks:biggrin:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:plant grow:done with veg and getting the chem d x runtz chopped,led room cleaned up and ready for plants later....just need to stretch a trellis net to tame the plants a bit...

Akss

At uncs favorite place even though I was just here last night...I can't live without paper towels...

Attachments

• IMG_20220406_191140205_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20220406_191140205_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 27

Akss

I don't pedal much so I always park in the back not much for looking for the closes spot plus I could use all the exercise I can get this time of year... And damn it's freaking cold had enough of this damn weather...

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Joe, that was the morning hammer asked whatever day that was. But now that I think about it that must have been an error on the website and I should have snagged a few even though not in need right now.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I noticed relentless trop cherry cut is at a clone shop now, maybe it has been for awhile and I hadn’t noticed cause I hadn’t requested a price list before and only looked at the IG posts. Price not much more than what some packs of seeds go for. fresh coast seed co latest drop was 350 for a pack of seeds :hotbounce

Latest posts

Latest posts