What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive been looking at getting a swamp Cooler for the flower room for Summer use. I have a large portable AC but its so inefficient and cost way to much to use. Swamp coolers don't use much AC.. Its mostly a big fan that blows through a wet soggy mesh. The reviews say they can reduce hot days from 100f to 70f?. This model is what im interested in. I can hook up a garden hose to keep it full all the time. It can handle 950sqf. Im curious if this would raise RH%.

https://www.amazon.com/Hessaire-MC3...0MYWQL96/ref=psdc_13397451_t1_B07GBG1GY8?th=1

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Ive been looking at getting a swamp Cooler for the flower room for Summer use. I have a large portable AC but its so inefficient and cost way to much to use. Swamp coolers don't use much AC.. Its mostly a big fan that blows through a wet soggy mesh. The reviews say they can reduce hot days from 100f to 70f?. This model is what im interested in. I can hook up a garden hose to keep it full all the time. It can handle 950sqf. Im curious if this would raise RH%.

https://www.amazon.com/Hessaire-MC3...0MYWQL96/ref=psdc_13397451_t1_B07GBG1GY8?th=1
I swamp cool my grow room. You need the kind that pull outdoors air in. The kind you are looking at will swamp your room with humidity in no time. They are effective if you live in a relatively dry climate. If your climate runs on the humid side don’t waste your money.
https://www.alloutcool.com/evaporative-cooling.html

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cali is a dry climate. It can get down to 10% where I live. It's 33% in my flower room right now. My dehuy rarely ever turns on.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

Swamp cooler is what most people use to cool their homes in Pueblo colorado. And other dry places. They work great until there is a hot and humid day. If the air is already saturated they do not work very well.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Swamp cooler is what most people use to cool their homes in Pueblo colorado. And other dry places. They work great until there is a hot and humid day. If the air is already saturated they do not work very well.
Yeah, my home and grow room are both swamp cooled.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya it says none work well in high humidity areas. I'm in Cali so that's why I'm looking at these. Ill keep looking. Opening windows ain't gonna happen. If any have a model in mind post it. It looks like there called non evaporative air coolers

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maybe look at a side draft model hammer,master cool is what you want,a little more expensive but they work so much better than the rest...and keep in mind the air also needs to be able to get out of the room...in my case i leave some windows open and the sliding door or in the case of the grow areas and exhaust fan/filter...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its just for a small 12 x 10 room. Anything super large will not work. I cant find any that don't require open windows and doors.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its just for a small 12 x 10 room. Anything super large will not work. I cant find any that don't require open windows and doors.

for a side draft you would need to cut a hole...

an exhaust fan would be enough...

the portable units that would be big enough likely cost more than a side draft unit would...or not as i see...

i have a portable unit,does pretty good but cooling a grow room i think you will need extra capacity like at least 2x the square footage rating...but it looks like you can get one for a few hundred...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:better get rolling here...not very warm today,might need the leg warmers for the ride to the grow shop...

dammit,the bookstore is closed...should be an essential business but i keep forgetting how dumb america is now...

at least the grow store is open...

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran

For that price id give it a try. Yeah it's probably gonna boost your humidity quite a bit but as long as it's not too much it could be a win for you. Get the vpd more in line. Worse case is you sell it on Craigslist if it doesn't work out.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:shucks: looks like it's about time to replace filters on my ro system...gonna need to do some searching...possibly buy a new unit if i can't find the filters/membrane...

need to check while i'm at the grow store...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Winter again!

Have you seen Milwaukee's headlamp Unc? I'm a DeWalt guy, and I still had to buy one. My buddy had one, and I was blown away. Naturally, I looked for Dewalt's superior version, which surprisingly yielded no result this time. It runs off of an 18650 Lithium, is rechargeable, and has a range of modes from blindingly bright, to reading at night(sounds like a Billy Mays catchphrase). It also has a charge indicator which is pretty handy.

Attachments

• IMG_20201202_154713.jpg
    IMG_20201202_154713.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20201202_154845.jpg
    IMG_20201202_154845.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20201202_154742.jpg
    IMG_20201202_154742.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 10

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Here's the lamp, and my hat for size comparison, it's the cat's meow. With that, and a Leatherman Wave, you too can rule the world!

Attachments

• 1606943664703217640330.jpg
    1606943664703217640330.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 18

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:dunno: well,they had the three filters i need,the bad part is they cost more than a brand new higher capacity ro system would cost...

had them put the filters aside,i'm gonna go ahead and get them since i have no complaints about how the system i have functions...and i would need to get a whole new pex fitting plumbing kit and i hate messing with something that's working fine...

just need to order the tall boy pre-filters online...

Latest posts

Latest posts