What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you don't like the weather in colorado wait 5 minutes!

i remember a day in boulder where it went from -20 to almost 80 in the same day...

calientecarlos

Veteran
Colorado weather is def ridonkulous. Saturday I harvested da outdoor in the 70's and next day I am putting 2 friggin heaters in drying shed to keep it all from freezing. Last 3 nights single digits but should be back in 60's this weekend.
Saturday
picture.php

Sunday
picture.php

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Fucking freezing rain still. Lost power at grow for almost 8 hours today. Temps only got down to 65 so I think we're good as long as it doesn't happen overnight.
Been looking at a generator again. Cheapest one I've found so far is 40 grand. Waiting on tinker afb to have their sale. Maybe find a deal on a 50kw.

Generators are like all diesels, you want an older model. A low hour non electronic perkins or cummins diesel is the way. Craigslist is no more and as bad as it sucks facespace matketplace is the place to look. I picked up a 30kw on a trailer and it helps me sleep. This one looks about right in arkansas.

Attachments

• 9C1D563C-B721-47E8-8DB9-E7F0A2A4F1B7.jpg
    9C1D563C-B721-47E8-8DB9-E7F0A2A4F1B7.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 11

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I get the impression your are a bit south..AZ/NM? Man I still can't get used to Colorado weather. Went over to pick up my kid from school and we were all walking around in t-shirts...still have a good 6 inches on the ground* and it was single digits most of the day...but sun came out so it felt like 60 or whatever. It is both nice and really frustrating.

*yadda yadda dick joke goes here

*more like 6" from the ground, is what she said!

I'm certainly not too proud to scavenge dick joke carcasses from the side of the road:) :deadhorse

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I've got a 7.5kw propane powered with an 8 circuit manual transfer switch in the northeast that will be available if someone doesn't follow through. It's good to be able to start it up and transfer from indoors, but full auto 18kw is way better.

Star is going in today. Send the good vibes.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Wow, that's a slamming deal! I paid more than that for my 4K Champion brand. Japanese anything is the shit, cars, bikes, atvs, woodworking tools, etc. They are a people dedicated to quality. I'd choose heirloom over disposable any day.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I have a tiny 4 stroke 700 watt generator that runs up to 13 hours on a gallon of gas. It is set up to plug in to a cord in a patio vent, that lights up a charger outlet in the garage, that maintains my Battery bank (along with the solar panels). I could run like that for weeks in an emergency

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:afternoon campers...

backache today,my wonky disc has shifted,i think because of the cold...when it's chilly in the house the tempurpedic mattress is not as smooshy which i'm pretty sure is the technical term...and i can't find my dang back brace...

anyway,almost all the snow is melted off already so maybe i can get up on the roof and put the damper in the duct...gonna warm back up this week but only to "open the windows" level and not swamp cooler levels...

got a bunch of stuff to deal with...a stack of pots and cleaning in the grow rooms,and i have a tent sitting in the living room to set up and fill with plants...but that requires a bunch of cleaning to get the area ready...and a trip to get more insulated ducting...and i need to buy two 4x4 trays to get ready for firing up the gavitas...probably need another big stack of pots too...

so many things to do....so lazy!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:mopper: not a good day to have my back go wonky on me...getting stuff done though...just slowly and with the occasional stabbing pain...

much warmer today...sun is out,actually a nice day...too bad i'm stuck washing pots and cleaning the house...grow rooms are much warmer today,just hope i watered enough yesterday,i went light due to the cold,and it will be chilly again tonight...

back to it...

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:afternoon campers...

anyway,almost all the snow is melted off already so maybe i can get up on the roof and put the damper in the duct...gonna warm back up this week but only to "open the windows" level and not swamp cooler levels...
Something I just learned! Wtf?!?! Sister on way over to show me wtf this whole thing w switching some duct over so my furnace blows instead of AC?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Something I just learned! Wtf?!?! Sister on way over to show me wtf this whole thing w switching some duct over so my furnace blows instead of AC?

i'm guessing you have a conversion a/c on the house from a downdraft swamp cooler so yeah,you have to slide a metal plate into the ducting to stop the air from being blown out that way,same thing with the furnace,the swamp cooler/ac would be blowing through the furnace...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I can't believe you guys got snow down there, Unc! Ours didn't even stick up here. It all burned off by 7am.

Congrats Star on getting your shoulder back in:) Does it feel any better yet? Maybe you can use it to bitchslap the doctors that blew you off for so long, ass-hats.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
earliest snow on record...yeah,it's strange enough to see snow here,much less in october...

pretty sure every single local i know on insta posted snow pics!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Im actually trimming my weed this year. Two days trim jail so far. Im getting some of those giant Mason jars filled up. Theres nothing like taking a sniff off of a fresh cracked 4 gallon jar of bud.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
It’s still pretty warm and humid over here in the dirty south. Of course we don’t really get 4 seasons. Only summer and winter. If I wanna see fall, I gotta drive up to the Smokey Mountains around Asheville, NC

Latest posts

Latest posts