What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Dry trimming doesn't mean the flowers are 100% dry.. Only the leaves that are being trimmed off are dry. Once trimming is done then I dry it to 55% RH. No idea how your wet trimming has a better bag appeal than dry does. I get the opposite. Wet trimming smears all the heads. Scissors last maybe 5 min. Flowers will have a flat side from where they site.. Dried doesn't do any of that. I could swear this was talked about before.

I agree

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Dry trimming is what I prefer, seems easier. But honestly the bugman method works out great. Time saved and I like the smaller sugar leaves rolled into my doobies

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I might just not have the proper technique down. I have been trimming wet way longer than dry though, and it is a bit different. Instead of the leaves sticking straight out where I can get them, they curl up around the buds sometimes tangling the trichs of the leaf and the bud. The trichs also seem to be less pliable/forgiving and just snap off. I am always left with a pile of dust that I can't clean up, instead of hash on my scissors. Maybe they were just too dry when I started. The leaves also seem to shrink into the flower when drying from a wet trim. If you were to wait until after, they cannot shrink and will be level with the flower. Just my opinion though, more than one way to skin a cat.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Are they still leathery when you guys are dry trimming, or do they snap off? Mine were snapping like fish food flakes.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When your sniping off leaves you look for the petiole base. Cut off as close to the main stem as you can. This is why we love plants that are not leafy. With leafy plants you end up with allot of half cut leaves..If your hanging plants to dry the outer leaves should lie flat making easy access to the petioles. Remember your not letting the flowers dry completely.. It takes me 2x longer to trim wet flowers. The scissors don't last long with frosty plants. Even dry they still get coated quick..

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Here, put this rope around your neck, I'll pull you up! Lol!

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 12

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Leaves are dry, the petioles will still have some moisture in them. I buck off all the larger fan leaves before harvest.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Up-potted the wife's house[plants that needed it, weeded one of the veggie beds, caught a quick shower so I could tend to the indoor gals for a minute, and have now ate. :woohoo:

Gonna smoke...and then go outside again. Perfect weather right now if one can stand the pollen.

picture.php

picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:got in a good little ride...38 miles...kinda farther than i wanted to go but i missed a turn and had to double back on top of kinda not knowing where i was...i knew where i was just not how to get to where i wanted to go...

anyway...i did end up getting krispy kremes,i fugured i earned them...plus i was hella hungry when i stopped and i swear they were calling my name!:)

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Just got back from driving to Tennessee to pick up the grand daughter ..

She's here to visit Granny for a week.. Looked at the odometer... it was 420 miles for the round trip!

(OK, well actually it was 426 miles, but I rounded it off..):biggrin:

Stopped to get gas about halfway there... It was $1.45/ gallon...