What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I also would like to design a cylindrical or hex/octaganal array with a fan drawing the heat up the center from the cooler floor for a vertical set up. Maybe like 6-8 saber style lights back to back on an aluminum cylinder or frame. I like the qbs for sure, but if you can get 360 degrees you can nearly quadruple your canopy with the same watts.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the electric company doesn't care as long as you pay your bill,and by the time the cops have a warrant to pull your records you're probably fucked anyway...and they really don't care about home grows on a small scale,there's no profit in busting them...they want big rooms and stacks of cash...

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
I got a rosin press 30 ton and shit is driving me nut when I press buds the parchment paper gets crisp and brakes apart I have the temps set to 170f and psi on a foot peddle that dont make any f#cking sense .the gage has like oil or filled with water and I can't seem to figure out the psi .I really can't believe the gage I've been at 2000 psi and not much pressing going on I been as high as 15000 psi and I finally ended up with some rosin .I'm pressing kief next time thinking it will be much easier I made 2lbs of dry ice kief so want get on right track already .im load pics later of what the press looks like.

redlaser

Veteran
I got a rosin press 30 ton and shit is driving me nut when I press buds the parchment paper gets crisp and brakes apart I have the temps set to 170f and psi on a foot peddle that dont make any f#cking sense .the gage has like oil or filled with water and I can't seem to figure out the psi .I really can't believe the gage I've been at 2000 psi and not much pressing going on I been as high as 15000 psi and I finally ended up with some rosin .I'm pressing kief next time thinking it will be much easier I made 2lbs of dry ice kief so want get on right track already .im load pics later of what the press looks like.

I would verify the temp your getting with a second thermometer, like a cooking type one and g e n t l y bring the two plates together
and see what it says.
If the parchment is separating or splitting it indicates more pressure than necessary but it can, at the same time be that the plates are not 100% vertically contacting each other, a little uneven contact.
Definitely could be just one of those issues though.

I don’t use a pressure gauge, need to get one, so no help there.

I’ve gotten split paper with my 3 inch circle plates using 10 ton, but not in the 4x7 rectangle ones with 20 ton , manual bottle jack presses

cold pressed pucks are ideal before the heated press, can press them twice and still use the pucks for butter or coconut extraction. Second press results are runnier and less desirable but sometimes better than some first runs of lesser quality flower.

hayday

Veteran
I also would like to design a cylindrical or hex/octaganal array with a fan drawing the heat up the center from the cooler floor for a vertical set up. Maybe like 6-8 saber style lights back to back on an aluminum cylinder or frame. I like the qbs for sure, but if you can get 360 degrees you can nearly quadruple your canopy with the same watts.

Like this Aero? I used 4 Sabers but wouldn't mind a couple more on the array. So far I'm getting my weight from them. I still have the old Honeywell fan blowing up the middle even though there in not really any heat to speak of.

picture.php

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Dude, exactly, hayday! What are those, the 100w sabres? How far do you have them from the plants? Nice play, buddy! Great minds think alike, lol!

Dominican- are you giving the material time to heat up before any seriously hard pressing? I've blown out parchment with just a hair straightener and clamp, by going too fast. Also I found out my soldering/hot air station is measured in degrees C, that explained a lot, are you sure your plates being measured in F? What was the color/consistency of your rosin?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read a conversation it cost about 800$ or 30% of the run. Most just pay the $. 30% can end up being allot more $.

the deal is for a % of total yield ...so 30% of return is pretty standard out there ..?

Solvent alone can cost up to $40 per one pound of material per run
all expense on the extractor?

hayday

Veteran
yeah Aero 100watt Sabers,they're supposed to power to 120 watts. I run em W.F.O. and my
plant center is 15" radius. I try to keep 10" clear. A few more days and I will have run a full cycle with them. Three more plants to harvest and these have already beat a g. p. w.
I want more...Periphial is 120 degrees so 4 bars is adequate and a couple of Ickybud3000s on the side and I should be golden.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
back from riding...short ride but there was a wreck and a dude broke his collarbone so we had to deal with getting him out...pretty fun aside from that...

I broke mine on a bike too. Very painful. Doesn't hurt anymore. My dogs saw a cat while pulling me very fast on the old Bianchi. The leash caught on the handlebar and slammed me on the asphault. Took me 40 minutes to walk one block back home. I don't let them pull me anymore

After riding my road bike cross-county in '75 with no injuries, I came back home to to east coast.

I was haulin' ass one day on a small road I was familiar with, on my way to the beach..

A giant, wheel-eating pothole had appeared in it since the week before, and I didn't see it in time, doing about 25+ mph...

My front wheel went in it, almost up to the axle, and I went over the bars..

I flew headfirst about 10 feet and came down on my right shoulder.
Doc said I had a total separation..(where the collarbone joins the shoulder bone..all the tendons were torn.)

It hurt like a bitch for a long time while my arm was in a sling.

Doc said that after it healed I wouldn't be swinging a hammer before the time I turned 40..
Sure glad I proved him wrong..

But you can still see the the lump on my shoulder where the bones didn't line back up perfectly...

Here's a pic of me on the bike trip, getting ready to enter the most boring bicycle riding state in this country...

Attachments

• Kansas 2.jpg
    Kansas 2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 6

hayday

Veteran
Im a proud member of the Broken Clavicle Club. I never saw it coming and was wondering wth just happened. Sounded like cracking a baseball bat. Skateboard tho and not bike.

Goats

the deal is for a % of total yield ...so 30% of return is pretty standard out there ..?

Solvent alone can cost up to $40 per one pound of material per run
all expense on the extractor?

everyone around here wants half. not a bad trade when they are the ones who had to spend hundreds of thousands on equipment i guess :biggrin:

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
I would verify the temp your getting with a second thermometer, like a cooking type one and g e n t l y bring the two plates together
and see what it says.
If the parchment is separating or splitting it indicates more pressure than necessary but it can, at the same time be that the plates are not 100% vertically contacting each other, a little uneven contact.
Definitely could be just one of those issues though.

I don’t use a pressure gauge, need to get one, so no help there.

I’ve gotten split paper with my 3 inch circle plates using 10 ton, but not in the 4x7 rectangle ones with 20 ton , manual bottle jack presses

cold pressed pucks are ideal before the heated press, can press them twice and still use the pucks for butter or coconut extraction. Second press results are runnier and less desirable but sometimes better than some first runs of lesser quality flower.

I haven't press much the plates are 4×8 hydraulic with an air compressor and foot peddle and it reads in farenheit. But I did turn my buds into kief and wondering best temps and bag size they are by microns I have 70micron and 90 that i have at the time

Dude, exactly, hayday! What are those, the 100w sabres? How far do you have them from the plants? Nice play, buddy! Great minds think alike, lol!

Dominican- are you giving the material time to heat up before any seriously hard pressing? I've blown out parchment with just a hair straightener and clamp, by going too fast. Also I found out my soldering/hot air station is measured in degrees C, that explained a lot, are you sure your plates being measured in F? What was the color/consistency of your rosin?

No I dont give the material time to heat up I put in and press right away for about a minute and do a second press all at 170f .I'm take a look see if the plates are aligned and get a temp reading with a temp gun lazer beam ..I will post later once I get to it I can't believe f#cking thing weighs 180 pound press shit is over killing my back when moving it from room to room

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

late night...up until like 3am last night...after the dude who wrecked got picked up there was only like 8 people around and the ride leader dropped the hammer...i hung for a couple miles then got dropped but it still ended up being a fast ride home...too hyped up to sleep...

gotta get up early tomorrow,volunteering at a running race out at the trails...then sunday going out to meet up with some local riders coming into town from a bike trip from tuscon...should get my 100+ miles in easy this week...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:plant grow:best get to work here...got a bunch of cleaning to do and plants to take care of...gonna need another bale of medium right quick...and more 5 gallon pots...that's 2 trips to the grow shop...might be able to get that down to one trip if i go back to smart pots...

big stack of pots to wash too...good times...my favorite task...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I had to spray some cologne out on the front bricks near the door. I only have about 8 giant colas hanging in the garage, and you can smell it all the way down the driveway. Im going to hang the plants in the grow room with the carbon filter drawing and scrubbing the air. It smells like this run is absolute fire. Ill be harvesting more in a couple days. I probably could pick almost half the plants now, but I love to take them to dead sweet ripe, then super slow dry them is a cool room. Mold isn't much of a problem here usually, because its so arid. A real slow dry and cure and this stuff will be as sweet as candy

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Star 30% is a good deal. My favorite guy takes 35% and charges me like a dollar a gram if I want it packaged and labeled in glass jars by the gram real professional like.
A lot of extractors want half.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I had to spray some cologne out on the front bricks near the door. I only have about 8 giant colas hanging in the garage, and you can smell it all the way down the driveway. Im going to hang the plants in the grow room with the carbon filter drawing and scrubbing the air. It smells like this run is absolute fire. Ill be harvesting more in a couple days. I probably could pick almost half the plants now, but I love to take them to dead sweet ripe, then super slow dry them is a cool room. Mold isn't much of a problem here usually, because its so arid. A real slow dry and cure and this stuff will be as sweet as candy

Man, that sounds nice!:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts