What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Well, I survived with just a quality hangover. Bought and paid for. We had a great time, though, awesome fireworks this year. That sucks about that kid fucking himself up with the roman candle. I probably shot off a few hundred of those things not thinking twice about holding lit explosives in my hand. I don't think I will be doing that again any time soon.
I must've time traveled into my tent, I woke up with no pillow, blanket, or girlfriend! She passed out outside with all the blankets and got eaten alive. Good times!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Doc how do you like the la confidential??? I e got some reserva Colorado Lucy beans and it's an og x la con.

I bet that will be wonderful smoke!

The LA Confidential I was growing some years ago was a favorite here. Thick Coffee flavored Afghani type that was sold before it was picked. Hard easy to clean buds. Wonderful taste all the way down to a finger tip burning roach. It had both body high and head high. It was super strong! There were some mocha overtones too.

I lost that plant by mistake, and there were a lot of people who were disappointed when I did. Cheers, and good luck with your plants

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Roman candles are suppose to be safe Fireworks. I see many misuse them when accidents happen. Many do not know there not suppose to be held in the hand. There placed into a pvc tube, the same used for mortar shells. It only takes 1 defective firework to lose limbs.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I got the 4 new HLG Saber 100 LED strips hung tonite. :good: They are so bright!! I only ran em for 2hrs before the light went out and temps so far, only went up 2 degrees than normal. Not too bad for adding 480 watts of side lighting. :yes: So now I’m rocking 2480w in this 5x9 tent. Hopefully the colas on the edges start filling in more.

Here’s a quick pic I took when I first got em fired up. This is before I Velcro tied up the loose wiring...so ignore that. Lol. On this front side, I had to space the strips overlapping a little because the duct work was in the way at the end. On the other side of the reflectors, those other two strips are end to end though.

picture.php

I was about to take more pics when the light shut off...I’ll try to snap some tomorrow for anybody interested. :tiphat:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very busy day today ... resin everywhere

very busy day today ... resin everywhere

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
That sucks, Dr., I hate loosing awesome plants. Among my many losses a cherry/menthol pheno of AK, Bubba Kush, Burmese Kush, and most recently a strawberry pheno of Russian Princess :( May they all rest in peace. Dead Unicorns.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
That sucks, Dr., I hate loosing awesome plants. Among my many losses a cherry/menthol pheno of AK, Bubba Kush, Burmese Kush, and most recently a strawberry pheno of Russian Princess :( May they all rest in peace. Dead Unicorns.

Ive got a couple AK47 x Strawberry Bubble gum plants going. First run. They look good. Im anticipating the terps Ill be smelling in a few months :woohoo:

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I love everything about the AK-47, the structure, the terps, the flowering time, and its resilience to my heavy handed advances. Those crosses sound like they will play well with the AK's subtle cherry skunk tones, I'm excited for you!

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I got the 4 new HLG Saber 100 LED strips hung tonite. :good: They are so bright!! I only ran em for 2hrs before the light went out and temps so far, only went up 2 degrees than normal. Not too bad for adding 480 watts of side lighting. :yes: So now I’m rocking 2480w in this 5x9 tent. Hopefully the colas on the edges start filling in more.

Here’s a quick pic I took when I first got em fired up. This is before I Velcro tied up the loose wiring...so ignore that. Lol. On this front side, I had to space the strips overlapping a little because the duct work was in the way at the end. On the other side of the reflectors, those other two strips are end to end though.

View Image

I was about to take more pics when the light shut off...I’ll try to snap some tomorrow for anybody interested. :tiphat:

I have often thought about adding in some side lighting with LEDs in a room with HPS or MH lights

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I love everything about the AK-47, the structure, the terps, the flowering time, and its resilience to my heavy handed advances. Those crosses sound like they will play well with the AK's subtle cherry skunk tones, I'm excited for you!

Remind me later and Ill show them to you.

Ive also got some plants growing from seeds Nevil sent me. Ill show those to you too. NH35 x Oax04

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The males are a day or two away from 2 weeks

picture.php

There are several males that have thrown female flowers. Two of them started tossing male flowers but then started producing female flowers. This is one of those two.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this one is way behind the others in flower production

picture.php

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have often thought about adding in some side lighting with LEDs in a room with HPS or MH lights

If it adds an extra zip per plant, it’ll be worth it to me. Right now I’m running 8 plants and get an average of 8 zips per plant. Wattage wise, I should get an extra two zips per. But I’m trying not to count the chickens before they hatch! Lol. :biglaugh: I just know the outside colas have a lot of room for more growth. :tiphat:

hayday

Veteran
I am on the list to get some Sabers when they restock. It looks like l. e. d. is finally coming around. I want to use as primary lighting if I can but my room right now might be too small. Time to upgrade:biggrin:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Everyone seems to like those HLGs. They make some 65 boards that look good for vegging.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I woke up to 80%rH, boooo! You have to chew the air before you can breathe it. Now it's thunder storming. Hopefully this shit will subside, and give us a cool dry fall. On the up side, I don't have to hand water 50 plants outside:) Our water table around here has got to be brimming.
I bitch about the weather here, but at least we don't get crazy storms or strong quakes. I hope everyone is alright.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I know, I think I will have to get one of the 550s for my 4x4. I haven't seen many reviews on the r-spec newer ones, but even the v1 kicks ass (thanks Uncle). I figure the added reds will only help with yields. I just want to be sure, as I've never spent that much on any single piece of grow equipment. Of course it will pay for itself, but tell that to the girlfriend with the loud exhaust on her car. There's always something else to spend "our" money on, lol!

Latest posts

Latest posts