What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I figure it must still be dry out west as the shipments making it out here have slowed down it seems. Don’t matter to me either way.....grow your own and be done with it.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:bigeye:...and that children is how mids and beasters are born...

maybe it's a good thing big corporations are taking over growing...let's face it,growers don't have a very firm grasp on supply and demand...

i've seen this same thing play out over and over,people get greedy and scale up and start growing more which never works out since the quality inevitably goes down the more plants you're dealing with.and in the end you may have more weight,but you're going to get less per pound for it,and then to top it off you end up taking a lowball price to get rid of it in bulk not thinking that the buyer will never pay a higher price again without fussing about it...

so in the end you screw yourself and all the other growers...

if only people could just be content with their slice of the pie instead of trying to grab it all...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have been at the same price for about 6 years. All year and not just in the slow times when there is none out. If the price is down I just sell less but the price remains the same.

If they ask why I simple tell them anyone can grow but if you want good stuff come to me. Right now I dont have enough because it is dry here too. Had a guy say he could move 50 pounds if I had it.

But I dont deal in that large of an amount. Out of my legal limit and not worth it. So I just harvest a little here and there. No more than a pound or a little over in the grow at a time. So I am just over the limit if I am.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I wasn't talking about a warehouse, just another few lamps, as I'm only running a flip-flop 150hps perpetual during most of the year. I use a 600 during the grow season, which usually only gets me a lb. The 150 system gets me just over 1/3 lb /month. It pays my bills and keeps us high. My quality never suffers with more lamps, I just get less sleep:) therefore my prices don't change. Even when people are giving away crap for nothing, the smart ones know you get what you pay for. It keeps a solid fan base.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree, All these people growing more weed then they need just for $ hurts everyone. Greed will get you busted every time. Grow what your allowed. No reason anyone cant make $ of that.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Well I can keep it legal if I harvest a pound a week. Now that the new rules are on the books I can have ten plants at a time and if I go over the limit it is ok. But I have cards to grow 72 plants and harvest 15 ounces. And as long as I stagger it I am OK. One of my plants harvest at between 8 and 16 ounces with the average around 14. So if I chop one down I am legal.

My last harvest was way out of my numbers. So I sent it out to people who could have 10 at a time. I just put some back into flower last week. It has been I think close to 2 months since I chopped down last.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I agree, All these people growing more weed then they need just for $ hurts everyone. Greed will get you busted every time. Grow what your allowed. No reason anyone cant make $ of that.

As is the trouble with major commercial grows, but without them, there would be nothing to feed the suckers. It's still illegal in my state, but I'm not a pig, I only do what I have to to get by. Tucking a few extra bucks away would be nice though.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can get 3-5lbs from my garden. Nothing wrong with growing enough to put away some $. The only thing I grow these days are my own seeds to test. Some goes to concentrates and some doesn't. Just depends on quality.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I just spent $3000 of the extra on tools. Well OK it was a little more than that. Had to tell my wife what I had in the bank since she saw all the tools.

She was shocked that I spent over 3700. But she knows I will use them to make more than that back.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
And since I am a cheap bastard I got them at that price with over 500 off the regular price. Got them discounted for a military discount on tools that you are not suppose to be below a set price. Every one must sell at the same price. Online or in the store it is the same price.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
And since I am a cheap bastard I got them at that price with over 500 off the regular price. Got them discounted for a military discount on tools that you are not suppose to be below a set price. Every one must sell at the same price. Online or in the store it is the same price.

From now on, I will be checking Facebook market place before buying anything. There are unbelievable deals hidden in there. Tools new, still in the box being sold for less then half price. Free stuff too. Some of it is pretty nice too. Antique hutch for free. Beautiful stuff.

I think I paid $2300 for my 3000i Honda generator from the dealer. Ive seen them on marketplace for 1400 still in the box, and 900 slightly used. Lots of bikes too.

I live in the north central part of California. It is prime agriculture area . It fact... Isnt it known as the bread basket of the country?

Because of the long growing season, and arid summers, and rich soil, I believe weed grows better here, then anywhere else in the US. And,we don't have much mold encouraging weather. Ive even grown outdoor plants in winter.

The Mong community doesn't seem to have a clue how to grow weed. I know Mong growers who have just watered their plants. No ferts! Then they sold the plants on the stock. Hundreds of plants if not thousands. Thats likely where your b grade is coming from. There is a lot of A grade produced in California year round. People have been growing quality weed here at least from the 60s.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I'm having one of those days where I feel I'm in the bottom of a box canyon, with unclimbable walls and No way out.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I've heard of Mexican cartels doing tons of guerilla grows, of course, but the quality should speak for itself. In my experience, hard work and careful planning always pay off- even with my micro ass!