What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Speaking of freeze dryers....

Hey guys, again today Ive heard something interesting. People are starting to use freeze dryers to dry buds. They are excited about the preservation of terpenes and flavor, plus the buds look crazy good, and stay much like they look on the plant. They don't shrink up like hang drying bud does

The freezing of buds... Wither they are trying for live resin or what ever reason, my theory behind that/the use of a freezer was due to the high concentration of spider mites that they where also farming. By tossing the harvested plants into the freezer all the living spider mites are killed/frozen to death. This way while the plants are drying the mites don't have a chance to spread back to any of the still growing plants.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I had a friend that could grow a massive population of spider mites better than anyone. We took a tray of buds and put them in the freezer. Took them out next day and the mites slowly woke up and began moving around. Freezing does nada to them.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I had a friend that could grow a massive population of spider mites better than anyone. We took a tray of buds and put them in the freezer. Took them out next day and the mites slowly woke up and began moving around. Freezing does nada to them.

I have found freezing temps will kill spider mites.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Crickets being super stubborn with his food. Gives me them googly eyes so I gave him some of my Filet mignon steak today. He was not being picky about that lol.

picture.php

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol, you should see bailey when she thinks its dinner time and i havent given her some rice with her food...all from one time when i watched her while she was sick and was on a rice and chicken diet until her tummy settled down...now she expects it,because like a sucker i indulge her and spoil her rotten...i dont even have a dog but i have three different types of doggy treats and i keep tennis balls around just for her!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:smokeit: thats enough of that for one day...

got about a pound done,dont think im even half way through yet,probably gonna take until tuesday to get finished...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I went out and turned a 8x20 bed over so I can put my tomatoes out in about 2 weeks. Hopefully we dont get and frost the first week of June. My tomatoes are starting to flower now so it shouldnt take long before I get tomatoes this summer.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so close to the banana belt of canada then...is there a tim hortons nearby? eat a lot of poutine? own more than one checked flannel shirt?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you forgot to say eh? at the end....dirty southerner....they're gonna have to build a firewood wall across the border now!