What's new

A Few Warehouse Shots | RB26

FunkFarmer

This Setup is mind boggling, currently setting up an 8'x20' room and that'll be the biggest I've ever done. Insane props on the pro setup!

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
l

Usually I enjoy PVC work but this has not been one of those times. Total PITA.

View Image

l

I'm curious about your location for your RO system? If your going by your local building code, can you have the RO system sitting right next to that transformer? And shouldn't you have GFI outlets and boxes rated for a wet location? Just curious?

orechron

^^^ What he said. GFI outlet codes are something that some electricians don't even bother with. I had my room built and pretty much ready to go and the last inspection the guy wouldn't pass me because of this. I would check the codes with maybe the city and more than one electrical company about this, it might save some time and one fewer inspection.

coldcanna

Veteran
I found out the new residential codes call for combination arc fault/ ground fault breakers for every circuit, which is Uber expensive. Not sure the code for a commercial warehouse, but if you have the cash those combo breakers are nice, because the arc fault breaker will shut down the line if some of your equipment starts having a meltdown, where as a standard breaker wouldn't necessarily detect the issue.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not sure what the codes are out there , but here , anything within 6' of water HAS to be GFCI protected .

jaystray

Your are going to love the Dosatrons.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do you guys who use RO water do in the event of mechanical breakdown or some such? Back up system?

Acotaco

this thread is awesome RB thanks for documenting. also i am looking into replacing all my lights with leds. probably cree cobs cbx 3590s

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
You have a lot of work ahead of you Rb-26. The facility is coming along nicely very professional. ...good luck and btw that r.o generator is pretty badass

This Setup is mind boggling, currently setting up an 8'x20' room and that'll be the biggest I've ever done. Insane props on the pro setup!

I'm excited to watch this go down.

Awesome!!

I'm curious about your location for your RO system? If your going by your local building code, can you have the RO system sitting right next to that transformer? And shouldn't you have GFI outlets and boxes rated for a wet location? Just curious?

^^^ What he said. GFI outlet codes are something that some electricians don't even bother with. I had my room built and pretty much ready to go and the last inspection the guy wouldn't pass me because of this. I would check the codes with maybe the city and more than one electrical company about this, it might save some time and one fewer inspection.

I found out the new residential codes call for combination arc fault/ ground fault breakers for every circuit, which is Uber expensive. Not sure the code for a commercial warehouse, but if you have the cash those combo breakers are nice, because the arc fault breaker will shut down the line if some of your equipment starts having a meltdown, where as a standard breaker wouldn't necessarily detect the issue.

not sure what the codes are out there , but here , anything within 6' of water HAS to be GFCI protected .

Good question, I thought so too. Apparently if the outlet is being placed for a specific piece of equipment it doesn't have to be GFCI. I double checked the code before moving forward and that is indeed accurate.

What do you guys who use RO water do in the event of mechanical breakdown or some such? Back up system?

Hope that it does right now :laughing:

Thank you for the suggestions I'll take a look.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Nice looking build, let me know whe*e to send my *esume...

His desk is full so look next to it on the floo* fo* the filing basket. It is one of the new ones that is lined with a plastic bag. It is next to all the waded up pape* balls on the floo*.

How did you get the multiple dosatrons to drive on one pump? I thought when you added more than a few in a line the pressure drop from each step down eventually hit a point where it wouldn't drive the injector?

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
hey RB what is the waste ratio like on that bigass RO system?

Speaking about your waste water, Have you given any thought about a very large water storage tank for waste water? You can use it for things like feeding/flushing your toilets? My point is you can recycle and re-use that water for other needs that you'd other wise need to use even more water.