What's new

A few things that I've learned about growing in coco with a drip systm DTW

O

otis33

For my most recent build I used a garbage can a six hundred gph pump & PVC connected to pepco octabubblers. The octa bubblers have eight outlets that accept 1/4" drip tube. Just another avenue to consider... Super easy and cheap as well. I think the octabubblers were 6-7 bucks shipped from amazon

theother

For my most recent build I used a garbage can a six hundred gph pump & PVC connected to pepco octabubblers. The octa bubblers have eight outlets that accept 1/4" drip tube. Just another avenue to consider... Super easy and cheap as well. I think the octabubblers were 6-7 bucks shipped from amazon

Do the octobubblers stay clean inside? Was looking at them but couldn't tell if they pressure regulated more than just restricting to 1/4"

Hello HGO and all fellow coco heads. I would just like to say a tremendous thank you to all of you, especially you HGO. I modeled my grow off of your advice and my results have been nothing but astonishing. On my first try I grew a 10 oz autoflower and it was great medicine. Now I'm working on finding a perfect mother.

Take it easy and smoke it up!

Relentless

Veteran
what an awesome thread!!

this is my first all coco grow.. ive been growin in organic soil for about 8years and really dialed it in.. i usually get 1.5-1.75 a light from soil with multistrains, no popcorn.. i tried half coco and half soil and went to 2.75 elbows from a light with multistrain and new i had to try just coco with my heavy yielding strain..

so, the coco setup is a 5x5 gorillagrow tent w/ a 1k in a big kahuna 3x3 hood.. ive got 12 3gal smart pots with straight coco.. vegd them for like 2 months in coco lol. slow growing strain that doesnt stretch a whole lot. i hardcore pruned them and they all have 4 or 5 mains. i flipped the lights when the canopy was perfect and at 24" above the coco..
Im on week 3 now and just setup a rez and feeder lines.. feeding twice a day. lights come on at 7:30am and off at 7:30pm. feeds@7:30 and 1 right now. 5.8ph and 850ppm. temps r in the 70s, humidity 50% or less.
First straight coco grow, cant wait to see what she pulls.

Sqydro

what an awesome thread!!

this is my first all coco grow.. ive been growin in organic soil for about 8years and really dialed it in.. i usually get 1.5-1.75 a light from soil with multistrains, no popcorn.. i tried half coco and half soil and went to 2.75 elbows from a light with multistrain and new i had to try just coco with my heavy yielding strain..

so, the coco setup is a 5x5 gorillagrow tent w/ a 1k in a big kahuna 3x3 hood.. ive got 12 3gal smart pots with straight coco.. vegd them for like 2 months in coco lol. slow growing strain that doesnt stretch a whole lot. i hardcore pruned them and they all have 4 or 5 mains. i flipped the lights when the canopy was perfect and at 24" above the coco..
Im on week 3 now and just setup a rez and feeder lines.. feeding twice a day. lights come on at 7:30am and off at 7:30pm. feeds@7:30 and 1 right now. 5.8ph and 850ppm. temps r in the 70s, humidity 50% or less.
nice one buddy throw some pics in if ya can

happy growings on mate

Cheers to you all

after growing in coco for a few years I decided to give this method a try and lucky for me I have a system already that I bought 2-3 years ago and never used it.

So this is the equipment I have ( in the Pics )

- water pump 1000 L/hr
- dripers, I have 10 but I'll try to get 2 more coz I wanna use 2 in each pot ( 6 pots 7-11 litre not sure yet )
- 2 x 50 Litre black containers
- I don't have any trays coz they fucking expensive in the local shops I'll need sometinhg else to substitute them. Any suggestions?
- I also have 1 digital timer but the min time I can setup is 1 minute, 1-8 times a day

Am I missing something else?

Attachments

• P1030977.jpg
    P1030977.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 15
  • P1030978.jpg
    P1030978.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 18
  • P1030979.jpg
    P1030979.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 13
  • P1030981.jpg
    P1030981.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
what an awesome thread!!

Hey Relentles, I'm looking forward seeing you rock this setup man. Keep us updated bro.

Cheers to you all

after growing in coco for a few years I decided to give this method a try and lucky for me I have a system already that I bought 2-3 years ago and never used it.

- water pump 1000 L/hr
- dripers, I have 10 but I'll try to get 2 more coz I wanna use 2 in each pot ( 6 pots 7-11 litre not sure yet )
- I don't have any trays coz they fucking expensive in the local shops I'll need sometinhg else to substitute them. Any suggestions?
- I also have 1 digital timer but the min time I can setup is 1 minute, 1-8 times a day

Hey, Optimus. All sounds good man, what kind of drippers are those? You want fast flow drippers so you can feed to run off in like 60-120 seconds.

How many plants are you going to grow per light? I would go for the 7Ltr pots, here's a Chem D grown in 6.5Ltr to show what you can achieve from small pots with multi-feeding, final yield was 9.25oz...

Chem D
31 Days Flower

picture.php

Keep us updated man.

Peace,
HGO

Catatafish

Veteran
HGO how long to you veg that bad boy for?

How many per 1k in 6.5-7L? Guessing 4? If you did 2k would you try to stick another 2 in between?

Trying to prep up for the next run.

Thanks for the great thread!

Frikken beautiful shot brother!

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
HGO how long to you veg that bad boy for?

How many per 1k in 6.5-7L? Guessing 4? If you did 2k would you try to stick another 2 in between?

Trying to prep up for the next run.

Thanks for the great thread!

Frikken beautiful shot brother!

Catatafish, thank you :)

That Chem D was grown in a 4x4' tent, 6 plants around 2 x 600w bulbs. Here's what the tent look like at late flower...

Vertical Stacked 600s Grow
Day 54 Flower

picture.php

How much space have you got for the 2kw? I would use 4x4' per 1kw if I was you, I'm switching to 25 plants per bulb in the next few weeks. 6 plants is good too, just depends on what way you grow them. That Chem D had around 4 weeks veg from rooted cut, I screwed the plants up at the beginning by overdosing them with Silicon lol but they bounced back in no time.

Take Care,
HGO

Catatafish

Veteran
Ditto, f-ing amazing pic HGO! I didnt know Chem D was such a producer. She is gorgeous!

Nice, i can do the 4 weeks.

Space is exactly as suggested. Its slightly wider and longer but i have kept canopy at suggested. I can run rdwc 10 site in 5gals in it with a little left over at one end for rez and such.

Need to thin some seed plants out so will do a mixed coco run next.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Cheers to you all

- water pump 1000 L/hr

hey i just built one today. basically a beefy bed frame type table. 1/4 inch per foot slope in two directions with side walls. lay down a sheet of half inch ply wood. lay in a big peice of pond liner. glue a square patch over the corner big enough to cover the area the shower drain will poke through. use a hole saw on the plywood slit through the rubber, push the drain in, tighten down, and caulk. fold your corners in and attach the rubber up the sides. put caster on the legs if you like. frame up a rail for the light or a trelis. it was super cheap. the pond liner was 99cents a sqft. the drain was 6 or 7. the ply wood was 15 or so bucks a sheet. bam. came in at hundreds less. if you are concerned about standing water put em in saucers or lay down metal shelf type grates cut to size so the water can flow underneath.

Last edited:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hey OptimusPrime, go get yourself some courgated PVC or tin, the same stuff that is used for roofing. It's a great subsituate for a tray and might be superior. Here's the stuff that I'm talking about...

PVC-roofing.jpg

You can also get PVC guttering and build yourself an effective waste system. I have a friend using this and it's working great for him, here's what his looks like with the guttering installed...

picture.php

Peace,
HGO

theother

Hey OptimusPrime, go get yourself some courgated PVC or tin, the same stuff that is used for roofing. It's a great subsituate for a tray and might be superior. Here's the stuff that I'm talking about...

You can also get PVC guttering and build yourself an effective waste system. I have a friend using this and it's working great for him, here's what his looks like with the guttering installed...

Peace,
HGO
That is clever! Have thought about replacing the 4x4's with something that fits my space better, could be perfect!

Hgo, how do you judge when to up the # of feeds? Also for those of us running air cooled horizontal lighting, what do you suspect that would do to the total # of feeds? One final question,what temp do you like to run at and do you run co2?

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hey other, thank you.

At the minute I'm not running a sealed room with Co2 but I will be in the very near future. Watering frequency does not depend on your lighting choice, whether that be, horizontal, or vertical. It really comes down to the size of your pots. Once my 6.5Ltr pot has roots coming out of the drain holes I start watering 3x per day and this continues right up until 21 days flower, at this point I increase the watering to 5x per day and they love it.

Play around with it until you find what works for you best, I'm sure you will see great results once everything is up and running. Best of luck with it pal, I hope it serves you well.

Peace,
HGO

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
in your DTW systems is the pump is in the res?

have you any one way valves installed after the res encase there is a leak and stop the res from emptying.

Relentless

Veteran
what an awesome thread!!

Heres my setup..

before flip, at 24" above coco:
attachment.php

yesterday on week 3 of flower after a light defoliation:
attachment.php

Attachments

• coco.jpg
    coco.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 21
  • coco vegggg.jpg
    coco vegggg.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 24