What's new

A few questions for a Soon-To-Be Grower.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
How have I insulted you? If I did it was not my intent.

I simple stated that you have not posted any of your own grow. As you know the internet is full of people who parret other peoples grow but can't make it work for themselves. Post some of your grow if this works for you.

I grow with a long veg time and can get a one pound plant with 8 weeks veg and flower. With six plants I could have six pounds in 18 weeks. Show me yours is all I am saying. If it works so well post it so we all can see.

And me saying I believe c8 over you is not a attack. It is simple that c8 has show what he can do. And I have shown what I can do here as well.

For the original post I second doing coco over dwc. Less risk and better yields long term. And much much easier.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ichabod hes a troll. He keeps telling ppl to edit wtf? Also did i ever say i did a long veg? No. I veg 3-4 weeks but i have a higher plant count. I regularly hit 2 lbs per light these days. Some troll isnt gonna tell me whats what. To the op, take a look, anyone agree with fromholland? No. Thats because hes a novice who watches lame videos. Look around this forum most people go for big plants to keep their numbers low and fill in a good grow space. That is the key. If you put 6 seeds under any form of light and go 12 and 12 right away your harvest will be a joke. Basically do the opposite of what fromholland says and you will be good. Fromholland, stick to what you know, not sure what that is.....but it isnt this. You even said you know exactly what you're getting from seed which is FALSE. What do you think pheno hunting is? Why do you think breeders need testers? Oh thats right, because when you breed two plants or even make s1 seeds there is genetic variation and many diff phenos to find. Common practice is to find the ones that are elite and make a mother plant to clone. That way you know exactly what youre getting. Let the people who know what they're talking about give the advice. For someone who said they would respect my opinion you sure seem hot and bothered. I would be too if i posted lame advice nobody agreed with. Im sorry to say but you reek of amateur status. You should be asking advice like the op. Also, fwiw, people dont go back and re edit all their posts on forums. They use the reply function. Thats as common as the mother and veg methods i mentioned earlier.....

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Call it boosting my ego, whatever, i call it proof i can kick ass. Not some single cola high plant count per light bullshit. The guy with that 12/12 method you keep referencing has WAY more plants per light than 6. Fromholland, if you want to learn how to grow like the pros, maybe check out icmag a little more.

mowood3479

Veteran
Word.. Ichabod and c8 r right..
I wouldnt bother to say anything if it was new hollands thread but i dont want to see the op waste 3 months following some obviously amatuer advice.
The constants for the grow as the op stated r 6 plant limit n in florida (hot)

How could anyone but a troll suggest a 12/12 from seed given the above limitations.
@ Newholland... Sick people learning to grow herb for their medicine n well being isnt a great place to spread bs info... Do what u will but people r gonna call u on it.
Man, babysitting sucks.

Snype

Veteran
I don't think anyone will take "FromHolland" seriously. We all disagree with what he is stating and he's even posting pictures of other peoples' which doesn't help his cause in any way. There's some good info in here from other members though.

@Crooked8: I guess you're trolling here because you think you're the king of cannabis. Well you aren't, all you do is tell people to veg for a long period. Your way of growing is a waste of time and energy. And I guess that hurts you because you think I have tried to insult your way of growing.

In your previous posts you said to veg for 7 weeks I guess you're the guy here who is trolling.

You have seen the result on 12/12 and those buds are wat bigger than yours, so why does someone need to spend a lot of time on vegging the plants for a long period? All you do is brag and brag and nothing else.

You call yourself a pro? That explains how high your ego is. Seriously get rid of your ego it only makes you look like a kid. Thats like saying "hey my dad is strong he beats your dad anytime".

You didnt even look to what I have posted, it's about one plant and the yield. Not how much he has planted. Now you're starting to talk about something else again like you always do when you run out of arguments.

I didnt ask you to agree with me, hell there is enough proof that 12/12 works well. You dont want to believe it because you're blinded by your ego. Stick to your American way of growing, veg period of 7 weeks. I'll stick to the Dutch way of growing, 12/12/short veg. Like I said before, stick to whatever works best for you but stop basing something you never ever have tried.

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Again I ask to see your grow. Not pictures of someone else's grow. If you can't show your own how can we believe the original poster can do it?

Coba

Veteran
So I am from Florida, and we will be taking a vote for medicinal cannabis here in November.

I see this going through with no problem, and I will be one of the first patients in line to get my card.

With this comes up to 6 legal plants...

I've been doing a LOT of research but ...

are you sure about the plant limits?

(5) “Medical Marijuana Treatment Center” means an entity that acquires, cultivates, possesses, processes (including development of related products such as food, tinctures, aerosols, oils, or ointments), transfers, transports, sells, distributes, dispenses, or administers marijuana, products containing marijuana, related supplies, or educational materials to qualifying patients or their personal caregivers and is registered by the Department.
http://www.unitedforcare.org/ballot_language_1

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't do 12/12 from seed when you have a 6 plant limit...

Does that method work - yes...IF - you are growing a sativa dominant hybrid in the first place that will get 12-14wks of flower - that will stretch 3-5x while in flower...

But it is certainly not what you want to do when you have a 6 plant limit. What FromHolland is suggesting - given your limitations - is absurd and bad advice.

dank.Frank

Looks like 36 or more per tray..
Only way to grow sog is without plant limits..
But with a 6 plant limit it makes zero sense.
None at all.. It is the absolute worst idea for a 6 plant limit grow.
Wtf is he gonna do? Grow a 1sqf tray.. N waste the rest of the light?
Get real bud, u got called out.
Ur argument is weak sauce

This.

Yeah, seeing as OP has a six plant limit he is going to want to get the best out of them and I don't imagine SOG would be too practical. I would just go the ole natural christmas tree route with some side lighting or do some simple LST/Topping/FIM/Training if he can't afford sight lighting. LST would prob be his best route.

Again I ask to see your grow. Not pictures of someone else's grow. If you can't show your own how can we believe the original poster can do it?

Explain your logic to me; I need to post photos of my own mj in order to convince people the 12/12 method works? Do you know how stupid that sounds? Believe whatever you want bro, the 12/12 is an effective way to grow out from seeds it has been proven a lot of times. if you dislike it fine then. A lot of people use this method including me with success. Like it or hate it, thats it :)

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
I remember that thread...."12/12 from see" ... it is very informative...and it can be done. I think what everyone...including myself....which means totally nothing.....is that while it may be good for some growers.... given the op's situation...it is less than ideal.

TpM

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah i think im the king lol. I suggested the veg time i did because it makes sense with a perpetual rotation(which you couldnt grasp). Also, if your 12/12 from seed or little to no veg time is the better and more efficient way, why does NOBODY on here do it? You can call me a troll but literally nobody in 3 pages has agreed. I know youre sad about it but its true. Your bad advice is just plain obvious. You have no idea what youre talking about and obviously never made your living doing this. Many of us do, so when someone comes in spewing garbage info its pretty offensive. Especially to a new medical gardener who will need their meds. You can talk all you want about me or my grow but deep down you know that everyone agrees with me because what youre suggesting is moronic. Several senior members here have chimed in to agree with me. Nobody agrees with you. Why is that? Hmmmm

12/12 does work, but considering the fact that he has a limit of 6 plants his yield would drastically suffer. However, it is a good method for people who don't care about yield and are just looking for some quick smoke.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Notice how nobody has upvoted your information? Notice all of mine have been? Also notice how everyone is saying not to listen to you? These are EXPERIENCED gardeners unlike you. You also have never seen what lower stem removal does...if you think larger veg means larf. Thats the most insane and incorrect thing ive ever heard. If 6 tiny plants with no veg time could fill in a space for a 600-1000w lamp everyone would do it, but they dont, because its impractical and nearly impossible. Big plants = big buds....You want it to be one way.... but its the other way -marlo stanfield

I'm not here to convince people, 12/12 method works. You saw the buds, there are a lot of 12/12 journals. No you're the guy who suggested him to keep two mother plants for four clones thats DEF NOT a waste of energy (sarcasm).

With the 12/12 method you can get more harvest in one year compared to a long veg. And the yields are great. So what's the point of a big plant with fluffy buds? Sure the main bud might look good but what about the rest? That is my point, with 12/12 you wont even have those small fluffy buds and side branches. The plant only spends her energy on these things while its better for her to spend it on the main bud. You can achieve this by the 12/12 method.

Yeah sure they listen to you because they never have heard or did a 12/12 so they think the long veg method works the best they don't know anything else.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So should he have one mom and only one strain? Or does variety matter? Why do you keep mentioning fluffy buds? Its just plain wrong. Yeah they all agree with me because they havent tried your idea..... Come on man......admit defeat. They all agree because they are experienced and know if they tried your idea they would have big problems in the yield or plant number department. Sure, your method could be effective with 100 plants per light. But the op can only have 6! You're giving bad advice and its clear. You should get out of the way kiddo. You cant be a high school ball player in a room full of nba players and come out on top. We all know youre wrong and uninformed. You said i was the one who argues when he knows hes wrong, obviously you were talking about yourself.

Latest posts

Latest posts